Robby Ashford

LPTiger

The protagonist is singing about his struggles and how he sometimes feels like giving up. He finds comfort in his music and in his belief in God. He knows that everyone has to leave this world someday and that's a scary thought, but he believes that it will be okay in the end.

This is the summary/meaning of the song in the video.  It's really not a bit deal guys.  Just a kid expressing his struggles on social media.  They put everything out there, it's just that way vs you in the over 45 crowd whom were told to have no feelings, bottle everything up inside, and be a man about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I’m currently between paralegals and there is no worse feeling. They do so much. 

Barn, we become very dependent of staff and when they are gone we appreciate them 100 times more!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Did anyone see the instagram post Robby made today (and no I don't know how to post it, I'm old and I no longer have a paralegal)?   It was a picture of him in our white home uniform and below the pic were the words "no more smile no more love for it....they won".

any chance it was fake? also i cannot post instagram or twitter stuff. so you are not alone................

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

This is the summary/meaning of the song in the video.  It's really not a bit deal guys.  Just a kid expressing his struggles on social media.  They put everything out there, it's just that way vs you in the over 45 crowd whom were told to have no feelings, bottle everything up inside, and be a man about it.

i was alarmed but when i read your post i came back down to earth. coach freeze has said his "tude is great and he has upped his game so i assume he is venting. i bet when they send him in to play he gives it all he has. i just hope he realizes the nfl looks at mental stuff like maturity and attitude and all that. i want all our players to succeed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

They put everything out there, it's just that way vs you in the over 45 crowd whom were told to have no feelings, bottle everything up inside, and be a man about it

Speaking as a senior member of the over 45 crowd, I was never told not to have feelings but express them to the people who can do something about them and leave others out of it. 

Either way, Robby is just being himself, which is all anyone can do. I would have never seen the post if it weren't displayed here and likely many others won't either. 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

any chance it was fake? also i cannot post instagram or twitter stuff. so you are not alone................

It seems there are a lot of us that don't do social media!   My understanding is that it is not fake.

• Like 2

Let's not read to much into this.  Sometimes we say things that people read one way but that you meant another way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Let's not read to much into this.  Sometimes we say things that people read one way but that you meant another way.

Oh Yeah! Well you're fat and smell like cheese 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Either way, Robby is just being himself,

Right.  All younger kids are this way and put literally everything online and in public.  Myself and especially my wife (due to company culture) has had to reign in 22-27 year olds about opening talking about certain things.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I love cheese 

• Like 1

Robby is going to see plenty of action.  I wonder how much the 2s will get in during UMass though?  I can see Hugh keeping 1s in longer to get more reps before Cal.  If Robby plays well in his snaps and Thorne starts to struggle he’ll become the most popular guy on the team.  

Meh. Seems like a whole lotta nothing. Could be related to him losing the job. Could be related to a lot of other things. 
If it’s the former, imagine being in his shoes. I lost out to a promotion a few years ago, and that put me in a nasty funk for a few weeks. And I’m well above college age. According to HF, he’s been positive in practice. Maybe we can let a few minutes of disappointment slide. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Meh. Seems like a whole lotta nothing. Could be related to him losing the job. Could be related to a lot of other things. 
If it’s the former, imagine being in his shoes. I lost out to a promotion a few years ago, and that put me in a nasty funk for a few weeks. And I’m well above college age. According to HF, he’s been positive in practice. Maybe we can let a few minutes of disappointment slide. 

I think Freeze knows he’ll lose Ashford if he criticizes him publicly. Where another player may react positively to being called out, I dont see Ashford as that type of personality.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

A fine cheese that goes with a good bottle of wine.

Lol

• Love 1

On 8/30/2023 at 8:59 PM, W.E.D said:

Yeah, sometimes being a man is better than being a whiny bitch.

They also told us if we didn't like something then do something about it....and that didn't mean write it in a journal or in this case online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, gman87 said:

They also told us if we didn't like something then do something about it....and that didn't mean write it in a journal or in this case online.

Such a tough guy lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

23 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

It's possible Robbie is just overreacting to an incredibly disappointing fantasy draft.  My dentist said pretty much the same thing about his -D grade.

WDE!

Or worse he went on date with a girl he met online and she only had a head shot picture on her profile.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gman87 said:

Dear Sensitive. Try journaling 

• Haha 2