Only Al.com would run this story about AU/Deion

LPTiger

This Goodman is the same cat who wrote an article 3 yrs ago saying Bo Nix should be benched in favor of TJ Finley. Then, last week he writes an article singing Nix's praises. Typical click bait writer to get folks riled up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Deion may go undefeated every year but continues to open his mouth and show he has zero class.  Good win yesterday but I’m not convinced either one of these teams is very good especially on defense.  He should wait and see how the season plays out before he starts beating his chest.  Real Gs move in silence or however that quote goes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Goodman doesn’t believe half the s*** he writes. It’s click bait meant to get people fired up .trolling is goodmans business and business is good.

Freeze was a great hire. Deon was a great hire. Acknowledge both were great hires. 

Exactly, any program oriented coach that understood the importance of recruiting was gonna do well at Auburn, period.  Freeze, Prime, Fickell all would be killing it this year.  How and who they got would have varied but the results would have been similar.

• Like 1

Goodman’s a troll. I never give him the satisfaction of views anymore. 

Perhaps we would’ve been great with Deion. I was impressed with him in that game. Not just how prepared they were, but how he was coaching and mentoring guys on the sidelines. He was also who I wanted us to hire months ago. 

But saying we made a mistake hiring Hugh after we blew out an opponent in his first game is utter nonsense. Hugh has in my opinion exceeded expectations thus far with his recruiting and hires. Hugh was a fantastic hire. Who knows what would’ve been with Deion, but Hugh is by no means a downgrade. What a dumb thing for Goodman to say. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 6

I was on the Deion bandwagon before we hired Freeze. I like Deion and am glad they won yesterday but his press conference yesterday could have been a bit classier. I get that he's endured a lot from the media regarding his roster turnover and how he handled that talking point but he could be more forgiving in his success. He loves to present his Christianity when he has an opportunity but yesterday he was  petty and sarcastic in his approach to a reporter's comment about how well his son played at QB. Time to move forward Deion and walk the Christian walk if you're going to talk it. I still like him, just don't care for that part of him. 

• Like 8

Eh, that’s pretty much Goodman continuing his same train of thought that he’s been had on Freeze and Deion. I’m pretty sure he had a similar piece back then during the hiring process. 

Sanders is the most hyped coaching prospect in years and had one of the biggest debut wins I can remember. Every other recent new hire is going to be viewed in a context of Sanders, right or wrong 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I was on the Deion bandwagon before we hired Freeze. I like Deion and am glad they won yesterday but his press conference yesterday could have been a bit classier. I get that he's endured a lot from the media regarding his roster turnover and how he handled that talking point but he could be more forgiving in his success. He loves to present his Christianity when he has an opportunity but yesterday he was  petty and sarcastic in his approach to a reporter's comment about how well his son played at QB. Time to move forward Deion and walk the Christian walk if you're going to talk it. I still like him, just don't care for that part of him. 

Deion did get attacked for months by other coaches and the media. Far more than any other new coach. However. I agree. Be above it. If you want all the unique perks of being a media icon, you gotta accept you’re also going to take some major shots.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

So it goes with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. That's part of the package. 

• Like 2

Wish nothing but the best for Prime, but IMO we got a better fit with CHF.  I think he’s exactly what we needed.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Scribe Tiger said:

So it goes with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. That's part of the package. 

When a person has had the success he's had with the accolades and coverage he's received I can understand an ego comes with it. I just want to keep on liking him so I want him to act a little more humble if he can. Sometimes silence is a killer to your critics. 

• Like 1