Week 3 overreaction

Win4AU

Bama is in trouble.  They could lose 4-5 games this season 

There isn’t an unbeatable team in the SEC this year

Notre Dame Ohio State might be a preview of the playoffs.  Notre Dame looks really good to this point.

We learn a lot this next week: Ohio State/ND, FSU/Clemson, Ole Miss/Bama, UCLA/Utah, Colorado/Oregon, Auburn/TaMu

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Bama is in trouble.  They could lose 4-5 games this season 

There isn’t an unbeatable team in the SEC this year

Notre Dame Ohio State might be a preview of the playoffs.  Notre Dame looks really good to this point.

We learn a lot this next week: Ohio State/ND, FSU/Clemson, Ole Miss/Bama, UCLA/Utah, Colorado/Oregon, Auburn/TaMu

Im shocked bama doesn’t even have a serviceable  qb - they don’t look like they’ll score over 20 pts all season. Uga started rough  but was completely dominant in thr 2nd half yesterday. Colorado has not had time to build line size yet and even with elite skill players is gonna get stomped by Oregon and usc. AU… hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Im shocked bama doesn’t even have a serviceable  qb - they don’t look like they’ll score over 20 pts all season. Uga started rough  but was completely dominant in thr 2nd half yesterday. Colorado has not had time to build line size yet and even with elite skill players is gonna get stomped by Oregon and usc. AU… hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

Oregon is good but I could see Colorado beating them in a 35-31 type game.  I’m not sure how good USC is.  I tend to think USC is a little overrated.  A win against Oregon and Colorado may catch some real mojo.  

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Oregon is good but I could see Colorado beating them in a 35-31 type game.  I’m not sure how good USC is.  I tend to think USC is a little overrated.  A win against Oregon and Colorado may catch some real mojo.  

AU betting line isn’t out yet but Oregon is favored by 19.5 pts…

Here’s my overreaction. Nobody in the conference looks untouchable. It’s a long shot against a few of those teams. But, if we clean some things up and the ball falls our way, we could run the table.

Before anyone jumps on me, I did say it’s a long shot.

• Like 2

Bama is finished because of their QB situation.

Then again, if Milroe hadn't thrown those two terrible interceptions vs. Texas, Bama would have won and Milroe would be looking good right now.  And he still might rebound.

Our QB situation is better than Bama's, as long as Robbie Ashford stays on the sidelines.

Bama used to have nasty players.  Mean punishers that played within the bounds of aggression, but just barely.  And Nick Saban's statement to his team before every game used to be "Make them quit!".  And his players used to do just that.  Those types of players are going to Georgia these days, not Alabama.

Coach Prime and Colorado have been lucky, and they are overrated because ESPN is slobbering all over themselves trying to get the ratings while the ratings are good.  Colorado should be 1-2 right now.  And I think last night's game was much closer to a game-cancelling brawl than most people realize.  Much closer.  One more shove...

There is truly no dominant team in the country this year. 

We will beat TAM.

Edited by WillMunny

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

Bama is finished because of their QB situation.

Then again, if Milroe hadn't thrown those two terrible interceptions vs. Texas, Bama would have won and Milroe would be looking good right now.  And he still might rebound.

Our QB situation is better than Bama's, as long as Robbie Ashford stays on the sidelines.

Bama used to have nasty players.  Mean punishers that played within the bounds of aggression, but just barely.  And Nick Saban's statement to his team before every game used to be "Make them quit!".  And his players used to do just that.  Those types of players are going to Georgia these days, not Alabama.

Coach Prime and Colorado have been lucky, and they are overrated because ESPN is slobbering all over themselves trying to get the ratings while the ratings are good.  Colorado should be 1-2 right now.  And I think last night's game was much closer to a game-cancelling brawl than most people realize.  Much closer.  One more shove...

There is truly no dominant team in the country this year. 

We will beat TAM.

Agree about Bama. Also believe no team in SEC looks Great, but at this point, looks like GA may win the conference again, but LSU seems to have had their one hiccup and may actually be the best team in SEC. Colorado and Deion are very overrated and I truly hope Bo Nix ruins them next week. I do not think we have more than a 20% chance to beat TAMU. We just don’t appear to be a very good team right now the current play calling is truly awful. I will take 7/5 all day as the ceiling and maybe a bowl win and be really pleased. Then hope the recruiting push continues and we keep building depth. 

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Im shocked bama doesn’t even have a serviceable  qb - they don’t look like they’ll score over 20 pts all season.

If they don't go back to Milroe, they may not score over 20. He by far gives them the best chance to win games, mistakes and all. Dude has 4.3 speed and they are friggin nuts if they don't use it. He'd be a Heisman candidate for Gus right now.

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Uga started rough  but was completely dominant in thr 2nd half yesterday.

I've said all along Bobo will be their demise. D keeps them in every game, but they won't three-peat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Oregon is good but I could see Colorado beating them in a 35-31 type game. A win against Oregon and Colorado may catch some real mojo.  

Even in Boulder, it's taken till the 2nd Half for Colorado's offense to wake up...the very last drive of regulation to tie Colorado State.

Game is in Eugene. Extremely tough place to play. Oregon wins by at least 14.

Travis Hunter is out...likely with a broken rib(s). Nix may be a Heisman candidate post-game.

• Like 1

Another overreaction from last night:

Coach Prime will be Alabama's next head coach, after next season.  It'll take that long for the Alabama PTB to admit to themselves that Saba's run, as impressive it was, is in permanent decline.  And they will abandon him like they did Mike Shula in favor of Deion.  Those boosters would give a limb from their children to stay on top of college football.

Of course, this assumes that Deion continues to impress and generate the kind of buzz he has so far, which is not guaranteed.  An argument could be made that Colorado is just plain lucky, and should be 1-2 right now.  Time will tell.

Be gentle with me, this is an Overreaction Thread.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Coach Prime will be Alabama's next head coach, after next season.  It'll take that long for the Alabama PTB to admit to themselves that Saba's run, as impressive it was, is in permanent decline.  And they will abandon him like they did Mike Shula in favor of Deion.  Those boosters would give a limb from their children to stay on top of college football.

Of course, this assumes that Deion continues to impress and generate the kind of buzz he has so far, which is not guaranteed.  An argument could be made that Colorado is just plain lucky, and should be 1-2 right now.  Time will tell.

I have feared that scenario for months.

15 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

If Prime is too flashy and edgy for AU, he's way too flashy and edgy for bammer.

His son and Travis Hunter will be off to the NFL after this season. Colorado will take a dip next season.

Plus bammer won't pull a HC from a po dunk program. They will go after Dabo, Sark or Norvell. I still maintain it'll be Dabo.

Prime's next stop is the SEC and as I've said all along, it'll be MSU.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Viper said:

If Prime is too flashy and edgy for AU, he's way too flashy and edgy for bammer.

His son and Travis Hunter will be off to the NFL after this season. Colorado will take a dip next season.

Plus bammer won't pull a HC from a po dunk program. They will go after Dabo, Sark or Norvell. I still maintain it'll be Dabo.

Prime's next stop is the SEC and as I've said all along, it'll be MSU.

I thought Bama would go after Dabo as well, but he's lost some of his momentum.

I think Kiffin turned us down not because he didn't want this job, he just wants the Bama job more.  He's built for the 24/7/365 drama of the Iron Bowl, but he's gambling on Bama.  I think it would be poetic justice for him to lose out on that gamble.

You make a great point about Sark.  Would he jump from Texas?  That's interesting.

38 minutes ago, Viper said:

His son and Travis Hunter will be off to the NFL after this season

You’re correct on Shedeur, but I’m pretty sure this is just Hunter’s second year of CFB so not sure he’s eligible until after next season. 

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

I could see that scenario for Bama and I’m happy for Prime’s early success. But us AU fans have seen guys like Terry Bowden and Malzahn have their best couple of years early then decline. It will be interesting to see if Sanders can sustain the same level of buzz and success he’s having right now. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Surprised Milroe ended up staying at Bama. He is the type of QB, truthfully, that Hugh Freeze would go after. 

They will go back to him. They have no choice. The other QBs are horrible and with that OL, they have to have a running QB. 

• Like 3

Not sure this is an overreaction, but if we don't get more pressure on the opposing quarterback we might not win but 1-2 more the rest of the season (Vandy / NMST).  The back end of the D looks really good, but they can't cover for 5-7 seconds against SEC offenses.

• Haha 1

Personally, I don't really agree with everyone's opinions on Bama's QB situation in here. I think Milroe is definitely their best option, but the real issue is that O-line. They've had trash quarterbacks in the past that still got the job done (Coker, Sims, Freshman year Jalen Hurts), but the one constant was that their lines were stout, and they had plenty of time to throw to their elite receivers... whom were all over the field. They're missing 2-out of-3 of those this season. I'm expecting an 8-4 season from them (It's about damn time), but wouldn't be surprised if they rebound next year. 

Other hot takes:

Florida will win the SEC.

The Pac-12 will have two teams in the playoff.

Auburn is looking at a 6-win season.

The turds O-Line is not what it has been, but QB is a huge problem for them. They'll go back to Milroe this week, and he'll win them a few games, but against the stiffer competition he'll do what he did last week, and make bonehead decisions. 

Auburn has to prove to me they are physical enough for SEC play this week before I predict a final record. 

If I could change my post today in the Mark My Word thread it would be to say,"MMW, Hugh Freeze will take back control of the offense next season, if not before."

A lot of my surprise at Alabama comes from the pre-season reports saying they had top players at most every position this year.  It sure doesn't seem that way.  No part of their team seems to be playing well.

Well, I think Ole Miss will win the west. This is finally the year that the SEC is crap, and he can score a bunch of points. I am sure that this will not be a popular opinion. 

Alabama looks dreadful and I love it. 

Edited by gr82b4au

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

You’re correct on Shedeur, but I’m pretty sure this is just Hunter’s second year of CFB so not sure he’s eligible until after next season. 

Correct