2025 4* DL Jourdin Crawford commits to AU!!!

Paladin

• 4 weeks later...
  • RunInRed changed the title to 2025 4* DL Jourdin Crawford commits to AU!!!

wonder if this helps with beaman, and offord, i watched him play against Gardendale, he is very good.

Edited by wareaglefan444
left out seeing him play

Auburn adds fourth 2025 commitment in Top247 DL Jourdin Crawford

The Parker (Ala.) product joins a growing 2025 class.

CHRISTIAN Clemente 

Auburn's 2025 class continues to grow.

After visiting Auburn over and over and over again, Top247 defensive lineman Jourdin Crawford has committed to the Tigers. Crawford was most recently on campus for the Georgia game, as defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett and Hugh Freeze continued to make him a priority. At just over 6-foot-1 and 300 pounds, Crawford is primarily expected to be a nose tackle for Auburn.

247Sports ranks Crawford as the No. 217 player, No. 20 defensive lineman and No. 14 player from Alabama. The industry-generated 247Sports Composite has Crawford marginally higher as the No. 203 player, No. 23 defensive lineman and No. 12 player from Alabama.

After his last visit to the Plains, Crawford said the Tigers were up at the top. What stuck out about Auburn to him?

"Everything. Just everything," Crawford said after the Georgia game. "It’s the way they treat people and I also like the way they play. The coaches and just everything all over."

Crawford is now commitment No. 4 for Auburn in the 2025 class, with all four players in-state. Highland Home linebacker/edge rusher Jakaleb Faulk joins Crawford in the Top247 of the rankings, with 4-star Opelika defensive lineman Malik Autry and 3-star Athens offensive tackle Spencer Dowland all part of the class. The class is ranked No. 9 in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings and fifth in the SEC.

From Parker, Crawford is teammates with Top247 2024 defensive lineman Jeremiah Beaman, who the Tigers have worked to try and flip from Alabama. 5-star cornerback Na'eem Offord is another big target and teammate of Crawford.

"I just like it here, it’s a very good vibe," Crawford said previously. "New facility, new coaches, everything new."

Auburn's newest commit also held offers from the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Michigan, Oklahoma and Tennessee, among others. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RunInRed said:

PR move, but I'll definitely take it!

This was a big pick-up that will lead to others. 

People should peep the All Gas training roster... 🤔

• ellitor featured this topic

Auburn getting 'strong and explosive' 2025 DL

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Auburn added a fourth member to its 2025 class earlier this week.

The Tigers landed the commitment of four-star defensive lineman Jourdin Crawford Monday, as Hugh Freeze continues to use in-state recruits as the foundation for his recruiting classes. Crawford plays for Parker High School in Birmingham, which is loaded with defensive talent.

Parker head coach Frank Warren had high praise for the latest Auburn commit and what the Tigers are getting out of Crawford.

"They’re getting one of the best defensive linemen in the country, any classification," Warren said. "They’re getting a kid that’s a freak of nature, that’s strong and explosive for his size. He’s just a grown man."

Jourdin Crawford committed to Auburn Monday. (Caleb Jones/Rivals.com)

Crawford, 6-foot-1 and 300 pounds, doesn't just line up as a defensive tackle for Parker. Occasionally, he'll take snaps for the Thundering Herd on offense.

"We put him at wildcat and he can move like that," Warren said. "He can move side to side while striking him with his strong hand. I’ve seen him stop kids with one arm and pick them up and slam them."

Outside of football, Crawford is quick to put a smile on the faces of people around him.

"When I first met him, he was a quiet kid, he’s actually one of the funniest kids on the team," Warren said. "He’s that type of kid."

The defensive lineman had visited Auburn twice this season prior to his commitment. He visited the Plains for the Samford game and the Georgia game, where the coaching staff made sure he felt like a priority.

"Auburn was big, they were there, they pursued him," Warren said. They showed him the most love. Coach Jeremy (Garrett) wanted him, Coach Freeze also, and they made him a priority. He felt like it was home."

In Warren's discussions with Crawford earlier this season, the two had talked about having a decision by next summer, as Crawford's goal was to be committed before his senior season.

However, with the heavy pursuit by Auburn this fall, that timeline quickly changed.

"Auburn made such an impression on him and he didn’t want to wait," Warren said.

Crawford is rated as the No. 14 player in the state of Alabama and the No. 14 defensive tackle in the country.

This is a great pickup and perfect timing for the announcement after the dog barf of a game in Baton Rouge.

Now hopefully we see even more big recruits announce to off set the McGriff news. 

Four-star DL felt 'at home' with Auburn

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Staff

@CalebJ_Rivals

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Auburn defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett made his way to Birmingham a couple weeks ago.

He was there to watch a practice. He left with an unexpected message from 2025 defensive lineman Jourdin Crawford.

"Go ahead and seal the deal," Crawford said.

The four-star Parker High standout publicly announced his commitment to Auburn via Twitter on Oct. 16, becoming the Tigers' fourth member of the 2025 class.

"It’s the coaches, they made me feel like I was at home," Crawford said. "Every time I went down there, every time I took a visit they made me feel like I was at home."

His relationship with Hugh Freeze is on a different level.

"We have a pretty good relationship," Crawford said. "It’s better than some of the other coaches that recruit me."

Crawford's been to Auburn three times this season — twice as an uncommitted prospect and most recently as a commit. His biggest takeaway from the game was how well the defense played in his eyes.

"It was pretty good," Crawford said of his game day visit. "[The defense] dominated how they usually do every time. They did pretty good, stopped the run a lot."

After his game day visit over the weekend wrapped up, it was time to get back to work.

Parker finished its regular season Thursday, hosting winless Huffman. While Crawford played only a short time in the 56-0 win, he still managed to add highlight to his 2023 .

He had a 19-yard pick six in the first quarter.

"It was my first pick six this season, I didn’t have one last season," Crawford said. "I’m not gonna lie, my hand’s a little swollen from practice the previous days. I almost dropped it, but I held on to it."

Crawford is rated as the No. 14 player in the state of Alabama and the No. 14 defensive tackle in the country. Recruiting can be a long process and did note that he'll continue to keep his eyes open.

"My recruitment is still open, so it’s not always over until it’s on paper," Crawford said.

• ellitor unpinned this topic