Auburn at Texas A&M - Official Game Thread

Zeek

Just now, Mkvl04 said:

These "holding" penalties are killing us and yeah I put it in quotes

Imma rewind the call against hunter, didn't see it live....

Um okay, just watched.  That might be worse than the 1st hold.  He had his hands outside a little bit, but there was no hold.  That might have been a hold in 1960

Just now, fishepa said:

Thorne looks exactly like a transfer that just came in and has no investment in the team what so ever. 

He did get a new truck from AU Chevy

Just now, BigBlueWDE said:

It will look bad on the stat sheet, but 3 of them have been on purpose to help the punter

I know that's why, still is getting on my nerves lol

Just now, fishepa said:

Thorne looks exactly like a transfer that just came in and has no investment in the team what so ever. 

He doesn’t need to be out there at all.  It’s completely unacceptable to be this inept.  I don’t know how he supposedly earned the starting QB job but we’d at least pick up scrambling yards with Ashford.  Does Freeze really want to lose because we are this inept?  

Just now, fishepa said:

No I Investment? He’s a junior. It’s not like he looking to get drafted.

He has issues, no doubt, but that ain’t it. 

The unfortunate part is that Thorne hasn’t been loudly bad enough for them to really consider a QB change yet. I just don’t see how his feel improves much with the game still competitive and him getting the layup passes. If it gets to a multi-score deficit, is he supposed to just suddenly wake up?

• Like 2

For Payton Thorne to have so much experience at MSU he sure looks like a rookie. He lacks the gunslinger mentality, has poor mechanics, and lacks confidence. 

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

It’s a new age of mercenary college football for sure.

Just now, AU80cruiser said:

How does he not see Fairweather? 

Because he can’t look past the dline that he’s read too much about how good they are.  Good lord Thorne is folding up when they look at him funny

• Like 1

Just now, The Defiant said:

For Payton Thorne to have so much experience at MSU he sure looks like a rookie. He lacks the gunslinger mentality, has poor mechanics, and lacks confidence. 

He looks like Mel Tucker knows what he's doing.

Honestly I am starting to grow a little tired of Freeze allowing this to continue, its obvious that Thorne is not making good decision, good throws or really anything and yet he continues to run him out there. At some point you have to cut-bait, he obviously thinks he is the best option and if thats the case then this is going to be a long season and painful to watch since it's obvious to me that Thorne is not going to get it done...

Guess we will learn about Freeze and if he can swallow his pride and admit he was wrong about Thorne.  If we lose then whatever but not because we are inept on offense and can’t complete a forward pass.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

He doesn’t need to be out there at all.  It’s completely unacceptable to be this inept.  I don’t know how he supposedly earned the starting QB job but we’d at least pick up scrambling yards with Ashford.  Does Freeze really want to lose because we are this inept?  

The difference was supposed to be experience but as we can see it doesn’t mean much