Holden Geriner has to be the QB going forward

miscram6

On 9/26/2023 at 2:29 PM, passthebiscuits said:

HG has similar inaccuracy problems. He’s not the solution. I will say, in practice, Thorne is far and away the best qb we have. Not sure exactly what the issue is come gametime, but a combination of wr and Oline issues, a pathetic game plan imo and pressing too much don’t help. 

I do agree. The game planning and strategy has to change for the benefit of the players we put on the field. That is the coaches responsibility. But we are limited with our current level of talent. And right now our level of talent, is not his fault. The players left by previous coaches was probably worse than we can imagine. The cupboard was literally bare.

I know we have no world beaters on our team. The coaches need to find a way to get their best effort while keeping them together as a team and not losing their attention and respect until all can enjoy better times.

Times will be better. Just wishing and hoping us crazy fans (myself being one of the worst, in the moment of the game) realize CHF has done all he can possibly do in the short time he has been here. We will not be winning right away, but it should come if CHF keeps being as successful in recruiting as he has been almost immediately.

Our 2024 recruiting class is light years beyond anything we have had the potential to sign since probably longer than a decade. Think about that a minute and let it sink in.

CHF and staff have exclusively recruited all 4 and 5 stars and an occasional 3 star—-and are being successful. They will hopefully be able to close on our current 2024 Class and continue 2025 and forward. 

That is what it took at Alabama, UGA, A&M and others to become successful.

Let’s (including myself) give the coaches and team a break. I look forward to the time we line up across from everyone we play with our own sideline full of 4 and 5 stars. Then it will be time to genuinely expect CHF and coaches to be successful.

Sorry for writing a newspaper article. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I do agree. The game planning and strategy has to change for the benefit of the players we put on the field. That is the coaches responsibility. But we are limited with our current level of talent. And right now our level of talent, is not his fault. The players left by previous coaches was probably worse than we can imagine. The cupboard was literally bare.

I know we have no world beaters on our team. The coaches need to find a way to get their best effort while keeping them together as a team and not losing their attention and respect until all can enjoy better times.

Times will be better. Just wishing and hoping us crazy fans (myself being one of the worst, in the moment of the game) realize CHF has done all he can possibly do in the short time he has been here. We will not be winning right away, but it should come if CHF keeps being as successful in recruiting as he has been almost immediately.

Our 2024 recruiting class is light years beyond anything we have had the potential to sign since probably longer than a decade. Think about that a minute and let it sink in.

CHF and staff have exclusively recruited all 4 and 5 stars and an occasional 3 star—-and are being successful. They will hopefully be able to close on our current 2024 Class and continue 2025 and forward. 

That is what it took at Alabama, UGA, A&M and others to become successful.

Let’s (including myself) give the coaches and team a break. I look forward to the time we line up across from everyone we play with our own sideline full of 4 and 5 stars. Then it will be time to genuinely expect CHF and coaches to be successful.

Sorry for writing a newspaper article. 

I’m waiting on the newspaper editor to come tell you how wrong you are. Lol

For those that still putting most of the blame on the oline . Beck average time to process and release is 2.3 seconds.  Sacked 4 times. PT average is 3 seconds. IJS

On 9/26/2023 at 10:15 AM, W.E.D said:

Hey Holden, I know you've never started a game....but guess what now's your chance.  i know I know I know.  UGA.  They've had by far the best defense in the country the last two years and have been pretty relentless on QBs.   Don't worry, we know you're not very mobile, but have my word.  I'll complain about talent gap and how good their defense is all week leading up to the game so when you go 9 for 27 and 6 picks people will not be too mad with you.

-Hugh

All he dreams about is starting a big game for us.  Or at least I hope that is his mindset.  I see Thorne or Robbie going 9/27. So does everyone else.  Nothing to lose here. At all.  Might as well see if Holden is any good. Plenty of teams start true freshmen QBs and he’s got a year on any of them.  We’ve been torched by some in the past.  A backup lit us up last week. It’s his second year in the program.  He has played QB his whole life. He has been a part of this team for 18 months.  Had just as much time to learn CHF offense as anyone else. If he can’t start or is scared to start a football game at home then we wasted a scholarship. I remember UGA had 3-4 QBs hurt one year and had to put WR Hines Ward under center.  Marshall OLine had to carry that fat QB gunslinger up to the new LOS and he would throw for 25, they would carry him up, he throw for 20, carry him up…..

• Like 2

DISCLAIMER— Class of ‘96.  I love everything AU.  If I get a 4 pack of boxers and one pair is crimson-ish I throw them away and I then I have a 3-pack.  I once passed on a free, low mileage good-running Buick Regal offered by an aunt, due solely to the color. Exterior and interior was maroon.  Just couldn’t do it.    I am an out-of-shape salesman that knows less about football than most.  But I watch the games closely.  Let’s think about this. Thorne looks best in practice but scared to release the ball in games. Can’t pull the trigger.  Geriner maybe not as good in practice but has the fastest release and that’s what Thorne is missing.  and we do not know what he would do if given a few series…..as is, we lose a lot of games this year.    

for goodness sake nobody here including myself, can handle the 3-and-out, 10 punt games. We just love the team too much.  Now, you can’t un-install an offense mid-season, I am told, but you can tweak what they have learned.  I say run it every which a way, throw it rarely, at the right time, see what happens.  Sure they will stack the box but our $15 million dollars worth of coaches and analysts ought to be able to come up with something there within the offense that they have installed.    What do we have to lose by giving Geriner the first half?   He’s a highly touted scholarship QB that everyone says has a fast release and he just may find a groove.  Many of you act like the very thought of him starting a football game is absurd. Hell, Thorne tweaks an ankle and Ashford sprains a finger and he’s starting anyways.  Ashford needs to get as many touches as possible because he most assuredly has the “it” factor in space.  It’s undeniable. He’s as fast and shifty and as fearless as they come. 10 touches a game (non-wildcat) and they will talk about him on national sports shows every week.  If we do scale this bulls**t offense back and concentrate on the run, I think Auburn does best when we have a FULLBACK and I think Sean Jackson is the man for that job. Anyhoo, I don’t pretend to know jack but I know this offense is putrid (debate the reasons for this all you want but the fact remains) and a few practices per week ain’t gonna change that.  

• Like 3