2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

3 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Surprised to hear this

FWIW, Jeffrey Lee and co. said on their recent podcast that we may consider 1 portal depth piece on the Edge (perhaps more of an edge setter than a pure speed rusher) because we lost Sings, but that we would be picky because we have both Waller and Phillips coming in and both may have a chance to contribute right away. They also mentioned that Beaman could be a good fit at the Edge position that Faulk played this past year. 

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Open to changing positions???

No idea.  I was just saying that he didn't have to necessarily transfer for us to go after a QB. He could switch positions and open the slot. 

• Like 2

Thanks @Paladin for all your work on the list - question are those star ratings just carried over from what they were coming out of high school, or has someone reevaluated them as transfers? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Thanks @Paladin for all your work on the list - question are those star ratings just carried over from what they were coming out of high school, or has someone reevaluated them as transfers? 

@ellitor better able to answer than me.

Edited by Paladin

6 minutes ago, ertrader said:

question are those star ratings just carried over from what they were coming out of high school, or has someone reevaluated them as transfers? 

@ertrader I'll cross reference the players when I got off work to see if they are HS or transfer rankings.

9 minutes ago, ertrader said:

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@ertrader I'll cross reference the players when I got off work to see if they are HS or transfer rankings.

The majority of the players I took their rating from their Transfer Page on 247. If 247 did not have a * rating I used ON3. Hopefully, that was okay for list I created.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

oh gosh I definitely was not asking you to do more work than you guys already do! It was as much a general question about how much effort the recruiting sites put into reevaluating all these transfers, as well as how accurate they can be given that 1000+ players hit the portal in the last few days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

The majority of the players I took their rating from their Transfer Page on 247. If 247 did not have a * rating I used ON3. Hopefully, that was okay for list I created.

I couldn't find transfer player rankings on 247 for 2024. Also with 247 some will have HS or T by the ranking. We'll use the T rankings. If there is no T ranking we will use On3 or no ranking at al til they are ranked as a transfer.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I couldn't find transfer player rankings on 247 for 2024. Also with 247 some will have HS or T by the ranking. We'll use the T rankings. If there is no T ranking we will use On3 or no ranking at al til they are ranked as a transfer.

When I clicked on an individual player 247 profile, I see a Transfer Rating along with a prospect rating.

Is this not the correct rating? Confusing to me. Thanks!

image.png

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

When I clicked on an individual player 247 profile, I see a Transfer Rating along with a prospect rating.

Is this not the correct rating? Confusing to me. Thanks!

image.png

Kilty is a 4* transfer on On3 so we'll use the higher ranking of the 2 sites. For On3 we'll have to use this page & scroll down by position.

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/industry/football/2024/?position=iol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Kilty is a 4* transfer on On3 so we'll use the higher ranking of the 2 sites. For On3 we'll have to use this page

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/industry/football/2024/?position=ot

Believe that is the wrong link. I have both the 247 and ON3 portal listings bookmarked.

Just now, Paladin said:

Hearing Ole Miss on this one. 🤮Hope I’m wrong

• Dislike 2

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I know last year most of our portal guys and their HS and transfer rankings. They may not have done the transfer rankings yet, at least on 247.

Edited by PikesEagle

3 hours ago, ertrader said:

how much effort the recruiting sites put into reevaluating all these transfers,

@ertrader No clue but my guess is somewhat minimal as fast as they are getting transfer ratings out.

3 hours ago, ertrader said:

how accurate they can be given that 1000+ players hit the portal in the last few days. 

Ratings are an inexact science as is. Probably even less so for transfers.

8 minutes ago, PikesEagle said:

They may not have done the transfer rankings yet.

They are coming out pretty fast.