Reliably shameless

TexasTiger

They support terrorism.  Why are we dealing with these people?  

As good ole Wolf says money can be freed up for terrorist activities.

• Like 1

Could and would. This has been on going for ages. Bad state of things.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4243691-biden-vows-us-support-for-israel-hamas-attacks/

“Any efforts by Congress to push support for Israel could be complicated by the fact that there is no Speaker of the House in place after Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) was ousted from the position last week after Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) brought up a measure to remove him from the job.”

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Could and would. This has been on going for ages. Bad state of things.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4243691-biden-vows-us-support-for-israel-hamas-attacks/

“Any efforts by Congress to push support for Israel could be complicated by the fact that there is no Speaker of the House in place after Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) was ousted from the position last week after Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) brought up a measure to remove him from the job.”

It could also be complicated by the reality that the right wing base is populated by a lot of anti-Semitic neo-Nazi types who the extremist GOP Congress critters would not want to offend.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

14 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

They support terrorism.  Why are we dealing with these people?  

As good ole Wolf says money can be freed up for terrorist activities.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AURex said:

It could also be complicated by the reality that the right wing base is populated by a lot of anti-Semitic neo-Nazi types who the extremist GOP Congress critters would not want to offend.

Huh? Doubtful. Though I do think the pro-Israel combined isolationist platforms of maga are going to be tested.

The point being that Iran has and is still supporting terrorism.  With or without the $6 billion.  Blinken has said if Iran funds terrorism the reaction from the US will be swift concerning the $6 billion.  I am waiting for the announcement restricting the distribution of this money.

To say US tax dollars are not going to the PLO is also a lie:

"Since April 2021, the United States has provided over half a billion dollars in assistance for the Palestinians, including more than $417 million in humanitarian assistance for Palestinian refugees through UNRWA, $75 million in support through USAID, and $20.5 million in COVID and Gaza recovery assistance," the State Department fact sheet reads.

"The U.S. government plans to provide an additional $75 million in economic assistance to the Palestinian people this year," the department continues. "Additionally, the United States is also providing $45 million for programs to support the security sector including important improvements to the rule of law."

Rubenstein of America First Legal doesn’t doubt that the administration will contend that the funding is not directly going to the Palestinian rulers. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pay-to-slay-biden-sued-sending-half-billion-palestinian-aid-could-fund-acts-terrorism

This article was written in January of this year.

There have been reports that the $75 million was paid right before the attack.

This is just a real bad look for Joe’s administration no matter how they try to spin it.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The point being that Iran has and is still supporting terrorism.  With or without the $6 billion.  Blinken has said if Iran funds terrorism the reaction from the US will be swift concerning the $6 billion.  I am waiting for the announcement restricting the distribution of this money.

To say US tax dollars are not going to the PLO is also a lie:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pay-to-slay-biden-sued-sending-half-billion-palestinian-aid-could-fund-acts-terrorism

Well, if FOX say it, it MUST be true, because ..... FOX!

I think I'll wait for a legitimate news source.

Been watching some international news. Arab groups have been celebrating in the streets and shooting off fireworks in Sidney, Aus. Between that and the WSJ reporting that Iran has been tied to the attack - regardless of politics, not a good trajectory where this goes.