The sky is not falling!

AURex

2 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

We (the fanbase) have been fed a narrative that preaches patience.

Um, what would you say is the alternative? Are we (the fanbase) going to be rioting at Toomers Corner, burning trees and dumping lemonade? Will we have sit-ins on campus where we all cry like babies? Should we all write vitriolic letters to the Board and Administration demanding to MAGA (Make Auburn Great Again)?

Do you think our deep-pocket donors have been happy with the situation in recent years? Unless you are one of those who pump millions into the Auburn Athletic Fund and NIL, trying to move Auburn football forward, is there an alternative to patience?

Come'on man. As Auburn fans, supporters and donors (are you a donor? I bet not), we can get on boards like AUF and whine. But reality is, we have no choice. We have no option. We are patient or we curl up in a fetal ball and die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, AURex said:

Um, what would you say is the alternative? Are we (the fanbase) going to be rioting at Toomers Corner, burning trees and dumping lemonade? Will we have sit-ins on campus where we all cry like babies? Should we all write vitriolic letters to the Board and Administration demanding to MAGA (Make Auburn Great Again)?

Do you think our deep-pocket donors have been happy with the situation in recent years? Unless you are one of those who pump millions into the Auburn Athletic Fund and NIL, trying to move Auburn football forward, is there an alternative to patience?

Come'on man. As Auburn fans, supporters and donors (are you a donor? I bet not), we can get on boards like AUF and whine. But reality is, we have no choice. We have no option. We are patient or we curl up in a fetal ball and die.

I don’t disagree with anything you said except a little of my money has gone to the University (not the athletic department) in recent years. There are plenty of people richer than I for that.    I just posted this is a place to vent.  

I take umbrage with people in the same position I am (sometimes) blindly telling me how I should fully support the program without objecting to anything anyone associated with the team does because it is all a function of inferior talent (which is only one factor) and just waiting for better results.  

Damn, that was a long sentence.  I need to go eat something and get my strength back up. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

What we also don’t have is tempo or creativity on offense and that is most definitely on him. 

More definitely on personnel that we have.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

More definitely on personnel that we have.

Disagreed.  Any personnel we have can play with tempo and they also don’t preclude the offensive coach from getting creative to creat … something.  

Personnel are an issue but our staff has not gotten the best out of what we have.  The last four games last year, the interim staff played to the existing personnel (who were < what we have this year) strengths.  This staff looks lost on the offensive side of the ball.  

5 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Disagreed.  Any personnel we have can play with tempo and they also don’t preclude the offensive coach from getting creative to creat … something.  

Personnel are an issue but our staff has not gotten the best out of what we have.  The last four games last year, the interim staff played to the existing personnel (who were < what we have this year) strengths.  This staff looks lost on the offensive side of the ball.  

Understand we disagree. NP with that. I think we don’t play tempo (assuming you mean UP tempo) because we don’t have enough players ( to me thats personnel related). We look lost on offense due to qbs we have, wr we have etc… thats personnel.

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Understand we disagree. NP with that. I think we don’t play tempo (assuming you mean UP tempo) because we don’t have enough players ( to me thats personnel related). We look lost on offense due to qbs we have, wr we have etc… thats personnel.

Agreed there is a personnel gap between what the staff wants and what we have.  

My point is that we should do something that helps the current lineup to be less lost.  Unless they are truly set on running what they want to run and build for the future, current season be damned. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 10:10 PM, Dwayne Pride said:

I don’t disagree with anything you said except a little of my money has gone to the University (not the athletic department) in recent years. There are plenty of people richer than I for that.    I just posted this is a place to vent.  

Well, I'm in the same boat as you on this. I contribute to my academic departments, not to the athletic program. I leave that for the deep pocket supporters.

I contributed my original post "The Sky Is Not Falling" on Oct 22. I know a sizable number of AUF contributors were skeptical, and many had dire predictions going into the Arkansas game after the pigs beat the gators in the swamp. But I've stuck with my original prediction.

Could NMSU next Saturday be a trap game after the big win over Arkansas? I hope not and predict not. I think the coaching staff will have the team prepared and our guys will play hard for another win.

Can Auburn upset Bama in the Iron Bowl? Well, crazy things have happened in the series -- the kick six, the great comeback. But talent-wise, I think it unlikely.

So I'm sticking with Auburn having a 7-5 regular season for the first year of the CHF era. Hopefully a bowl win.

The sky is still not falling!

23 hours ago, AURex said:

The sky is still not falling!

No it isn’t. NMSU is not a trap game. Good team vs the competition they play but we should handle them with relative ease.

Beginning to like our chances vs Bammer in JHS.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, phillyeagle said:

This NMSU matchup reminds me so much of this game. Just saying the AU players have to prepare and focus properly, or a game like this can turn sideways in a hurry. 

Screenshot_20231113_205642_Brave.jpg

Nah, if this actually happens . Got some serious problems . Hawaii beat these guys and they are really bad this year

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, phillyeagle said:

This NMSU matchup reminds me so much of this game. Just saying the AU players have to prepare and focus properly, or a game like this can turn sideways in a hurry. 

I’ve been thinking about this for a few days. The trajectory of Hugh’s first season and Saban’s first season is eerily similar at this point. 

4 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’ve been thinking about this for a few days. The trajectory of Hugh’s first season and Saban’s first season is eerily similar at this point. 

I always see this posted by a lot fanbases during the 1st year of a new head coach.  

In reality there are very few similarities between most coaches and Saban, different personalities, coaching philosophies and demeanor.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

So lose this game and then get multiple national championships over the next 15 years?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, gman87 said:

It may not be the sky but huge chucks of something are crashing to the ground.

Agree. We will not recover from this down cycle in even two years. This is no better than the first year of BH. HF fooled AU as usual when getting hired. If he luckily wins a bowl game to go 7/6, the powers that be will obviously give him a huge raise.  Just out of energy and out of breath with this program. Most inconsistently run Power 5 program in the country. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. We will not recover from this down cycle in even two years. This is no better than the first year of BH. HF fooled AU as usual when getting hired. If he luckily wins a bowl game to go 7/6, the powers that be will obviously give him a huge raise.  Just out of energy and out of breath with this program. Most inconsistently run Power 5 program in the country. 

I wouldn’t mind going to a Bowl Game and winning. But, that does not then become a reason for any contract changes. Not at this stage of his tenure.

Just pay what the contract promised to start with and let the future take care of the rest. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I wouldn’t mind going to a Bowl Game and winning. But, that does not then become a reason for any contract changes. Not at this stage of his tenure.

Just pay what the contract promised to start with and let the future take care of the rest. 

Yes. He’s proven nothing so far and just like we did with GM and TAMU did with Fisher, guaranteed contracts were given after one good year. Dangerous precedent! HF will not deliver any more than GM did, but lots of blinders are still on. 

On 11/13/2023 at 8:00 PM, phillyeagle said:

Holy moly, talk about calling it!

11 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

It is run consistently (consistently bad).  We consistently chase after high school  coaches and coaches from lower conferences.  We consistently let donors interfere.  I would love it if for once we did manage the athletic department inconsistently. 

• Like 1