The sky is not falling!

AURex

On 10/26/2023 at 8:56 PM, AURex said:

Um, what would you say is the alternative? Are we (the fanbase) going to be rioting at Toomers Corner, burning trees and dumping lemonade? Will we have sit-ins on campus where we all cry like babies? Should we all write vitriolic letters to the Board and Administration demanding to MAGA (Make Auburn Great Again)?

Do you think our deep-pocket donors have been happy with the situation in recent years? Unless you are one of those who pump millions into the Auburn Athletic Fund and NIL, trying to move Auburn football forward, is there an alternative to patience?

Come'on man. As Auburn fans, supporters and donors (are you a donor? I bet not), we can get on boards like AUF and whine. But reality is, we have no choice. We have no option. We are patient or we curl up in a fetal ball and die.

I don't care how bad it gets. I ain't dumping my lemonade out

On 11/13/2023 at 8:14 PM, e808 said:

Nah, if this actually happens . Got some serious problems . Hawaii beat these guys and they are really bad this year

AU should have won, but to say NM St is really bad isn't factual

Edited by NWALA Tiger

On 11/13/2023 at 8:00 PM, phillyeagle said:

This NMSU matchup reminds me so much of this game. Just saying the AU players have to prepare and focus properly, or a game like this can turn sideways in a hurry. 

Screenshot_20231113_205642_Brave.jpg

😂, there is the comparison I’ve been waiting to see. There is NO excuse or silver lining in the loss to NMSt, none. Heck we didn’t Lose to NMSt we go steam rolled!! No comparison.

Edited by sevenlee36

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

😂, there is the comparison I’ve been waiting to see. There is NO excuse or silver lining in the lose to NMSt, none. Heck we didn’t Lose to NMSt we go steam rolled!! No comparison.

Terrible loss. Embarrassing in every shape and form...

But, it will have no effect on where AU is as a program in 3 years 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Terrible loss. Embarrassing in every shape and form...

But, it will have no effect on where AU is as a program in 3 years 

That is what AD Cohen tells himself repeatedly. 

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

AU should have won, but to say NM St is really bad isn't factual

How so. I saw them in person lose to Hawaii who is bad. They loss to UMass who is also bad. Where’s the lie

Edited by e808

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

How so. I saw them in person lose to Hawaii Hawaii who is bad. They loss to UMass who is also bad. Where’s the lie

Somebody has a post showing their schedule is full of bad teams...this narrative that they are better than what they are is just not true. Certainly not to be blowing us out at home.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I saw them take an SEC team to the woodshed as well

Yes and that team was Auburn in which they have never beaten an SEC team before. The cherry on to paid handsomely for it. Specifically relating to this game it was bad in all phases. Rebuild or not Auburn shouldn’t be getting blown out at home by a G5’s.

The comparison of what other coaches did doesn’t really matter because it’s their past. What happened to Auburn yesterday is the present and it’s a really tough pill to swallow.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yes and that team was Auburn in which they have never beaten an SEC team before. The cherry on to paid handsomely for it. Specifically relating to this game it was bad in all phases. Rebuild or not Auburn shouldn’t be getting blown out at home by a G5’s.

The comparison of what other coaches did doesn’t really matter because it’s their past. What happened to Auburn yesterday is the present and it’s a really tough pill to swallow.

It does matter in regards to this isn't the 1st time  G5 has beat a power 5 team. We have no business losing to  G 5 team. But the current state of the program, when we aren't ready t o play, this is the result

I was surprised we got beat yesterday, Based off of how we played the 3 previous games. On the other hand, I wasn't shocked because I realize the current state of the roster. 

What matters now, what does Freeze do. Hide in his basement like Harsin or recruit like a madman and improve the roster. That's the only option at this point if he wants to have long term success.

The sky "fell" years ago with a coach who no longer believed you have to dominate the line of scrimmage. 

We are now firmly into a decade of irrelevance.

My only problem with Freeze is this:  we have not gotten what I thought we were getting.  I thought we were getting the Freeze offense.  I thought we were getting a very, very good play caller.

I still do not believe shuffling QBs was ever the problem.  I believe the problem is/was trying to utilize two systems, two offensive coordinators.

13 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

The sky "fell" years ago with a coach who no longer believed you have to dominate the line of scrimmage. 

We are now firmly into a decade of irrelevance.

My only problem with Freeze is this:  we have not gotten what I thought we were getting.  I thought we were getting the Freeze offense.  I thought we were getting a very, very good play caller.

I still do not believe shuffling QBs was ever the problem.  I believe the problem is/was trying to utilize two systems, two offensive coordinators.

We did get a fantastic play caller. But you can only do so much with a bare cabinet. Harsin didn’t just empty our cabinet of players. He left behind scraps of players with no idea how to win consistently. We saw glimpses of what Freeze could do with very little talent in that three game win stretch. Yesterday, the players who haven’t know what a win streak has felt like, didn’t mentally show up for the game. 
The coaches do have to take some blame for not having the guys mentally prepared. But Freeze was legit saying all week that we had to play well in this game to win… that we were going to get NMSU’s best. The players still didn’t take it seriously. I think that’s what happens when you have 2 years of abysmal coaching and limited wins. 

6 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

We did get a fantastic play caller. But you can only do so much with a bare cabinet. Harsin didn’t just empty our cabinet of players. He left behind scraps of players with no idea how to win consistently. We saw glimpses of what Freeze could do with very little talent in that three game win stretch. Yesterday, the players who haven’t know what a win streak has felt like, didn’t mentally show up for the game. 
The coaches do have to take some blame for not having the guys mentally prepared. But Freeze was legit saying all week that we had to play well in this game to win… that we were going to get NMSU’s best. The players still didn’t take it seriously. I think that’s what happens when you have 2 years of abysmal coaching and limited wins. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bc513e367ca997c0d95772f195109eb9.jpeg

12 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I disagree.  We have two part time offensive coordinators.  We have two part time play callers.