Freeze Press Conference - Mississippi St Week

Paladin

You know it is a different strategy but it works in the long run , then people will say he is genius. Very much hands off and completely focused on recruiting and changing culture. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You know it is a different strategy but it works in the long run , then people will say he is genius. Very much hands off and completely focused on recruiting and changing culture. 

Wish he told us that was the plan before I got invested in seeing improvement this season. So we basically have Monty and Ron as head coaches from what I've been gathering. Glad we hired Tulsa's failing coach to run half our program. I agree that this is an interesting approach, but also risky. And aggravating. We're essentially paying a recruiting coordinator $6.5 mil a year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Wish he told us that was the plan before I got invested in seeing improvement this season. So we basically have Monty and Ron as head coaches from what I've been gathering. Glad we hired Tulsa's failing coach to run half our program. I agree that this is an interesting approach, but also risky. And aggravating. We're essentially paying a recruiting coordinator $6.5 mil a year.

Yeah that is very frustrating because it seems like we will also be moving on from the coordinators. Buy in would seem more meaningful with continuation at the coaches rankings. 

20 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

The fact that to this point HF doesn't just shut down any more nonsense 2 QB system talk is beyond concerning...it's terrifying.

Makes it easier to fire the OC, I guess

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I know I'd hate to walk into a new job with a sign over the department that reads DAYS WITHOUT COMPLACENCY: 0. I'd want to tear it all down and rebuild it too. 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

How did AU Jeremy Johnson this kid?? What happened? He didn’t just forget how to play QB . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

I know I'd hate to walk into a new job with a sign over the department that reads DAYS WITHOUT COMPLACENCY: 0. I'd want to tear it all down and rebuild it too. 😂

I question how anyone could be complacent in this program with +40 new players on the roster and a whole new coaching, training and strength/conditioning staff?  IMHO, maybe he should say he’s building a culture and a standard.  It’s neither here nor there though, just my tick-tacky nitpicking based on a few comments from Hugh. 

11 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Valid points. I’m good with it if he’s the best recruiting coordinator in the country. Time will tell, we’re trending in the right direction in that area.

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Monty will not be back.  This is almost a certainty!   Because of the epic failure on that side of the ball, I am very interested in how CHF handles the offense next year.  🤔

Monty was handed a very borderline situation, talent-wise. Then injuries set in and made a bad situation worse. I'm not sure just how much blame can be placed on him. Whatever, it's Freeze's butt on the line. In the off season he'll do what he thinks will win the most games next year.

• Like 1

I am concerned that he talks about not playing uptempo on offense due defensive depth.  Yet, we are still getting murdered in time of possession.  

if going fast puts points on the board, even if we lose a little worse in that particular stat, we have a shot against Ole Miss and Georgia.  It’s possible we get beat worse also.  At this point, I’d like to replay those games and see what happens.  There was a scrimmage in the preseason where the offense fared better against our defense with up tempo.  

I want to roll the dice at this point.