2024 QB Portal Thread

Paladin

7 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Have you heard anywhere that Robby will graduate and transfer and Walker White will fill his spot and that's it for our plans at QB? Thorne, Geriner, WW and Hank Brown next year.

That’s a possibility and is getting talked about a lot on podcasts.  Holding out hope until the top targets are actually off the board.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Have you heard anywhere that Robby will graduate and transfer and Walker White will fill his spot and that's it for our plans at QB? Thorne, Geriner, WW and Hank Brown next year.

@TeamZero77 Robby may acrually change positions. Not sure when he will graduate but it's supposedly not this semester. Also Hugh is open to bringing in a QB but per JLee a couple days ago, he believes PT will make really good progress in year 2 & comfortable with the QB room as you mentioned above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUApostle said:

That’s a possibility and is getting talked about a lot on podcasts.  Holding out hope until the top targets are actually off the board.

Robby transferring is not supposedly, at least not in January.

31 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Some Podcasters seem to think that's the way it will play out. We don't seem to be pushing for any transfer QB

• Thanks 2

I find it kind of strange that the top tier QBs haven’t signed/announced yet? 

Bidding wars going on behind the scenes?

usually things have already been put in place under the table prior to them entering the portal?

Edited by AUY2K

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm wondering if the Riley Leonard to AU may not be dead yet. 

No news right now would seem to be a posirive.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Any merit here? 

IMG_2078.jpeg

@WarEagleHunter1221 Haven't heard any AU buzz in a good while FWIW. Just guessing but not sure we are willing to meet what sounds like a high price tag for him.

Cole Cubelic said in a recent interview that he knew of one transfer QB that freeze was looking at but it may or may not happen. I think Coles pretty tuned into Auburn these days, so Im hoping this pans out.

• Like 2

It all depends on how bad CHF wants to sign williams and wants to contend for an SEC championship in 2024.  Pony up the money now for 10+ wins or save and plan for 8-9 wins then make the run for 2025.

• Like 1

Even with a great portal QB I think Auburn is still another cycle from sniffing a playoff team.  Unless it’s a perfect fit I doubt Auburn goes after a big $$$ QB.  I could see Auburn getting a challenger to 2nd string just in case.

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Since Gabriel is going to Oregon. I guess Cam Ward lands at tOSU?

Apparently Ohio State doesn’t have the NIL support needed