2024 QB Portal Thread

Paladin

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Anything to kj Jefferson to AU? We in a spot now where we need a QB with experience. 

Now? We’re in the same spot we were in two days ago. Having a QB with experience and having a someone with experience at playing the QB position is not the same. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Now? We’re in the same spot we were in two days ago. Having a QB with experience and having a someone with experience at playing the QB position is not the same. 

So u are good if PT gets hurt and our back up QB has played less than 10 snaps?

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So u are good if PT gets hurt and our back up QB has played less than 10 snaps?

What? I actually agreed with your opinion we need another QB with experience. It was the “now” part I commented on because we actually needed that this past season. RA wasn’t the answer. 

• Like 2

So much for getting  QB out of the portal. Freeze basically threw the WR's under the bus. He is riding with PT and a backup that has hardly taken any snaps. If he has such a belief in HG, why in the world didn't he give him some of Robbies snaps this yr to get him some experience 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 4

I think CHF is doing it right. It’s only his year two and you’ve got a quarterback with, what, three years of big boy football, and Thorne has shown in the past that he can win big with the right pieces around him..  I believe we’re one really good receiver and a couple o-line men (portal will get us there eventually) of having those pieces around him. Not to mention he’ll have a year and a half of being in the system by the fall. I don’t care who you bring in it’s going to be another big learning curve,  and CHF believes Thorne is his guy with just a couple more pieces. I’m okay with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I think CHF is doing it right. It’s only his year two and you’ve got a quarterback with, what, three years of big boy football, and Thorne has shown in the past that he can win big with the right pieces around him..  I believe we’re one really good receiver and a couple o-line men (portal will get us there eventually) of having those pieces around him. Not to mention he’ll have a year and a half of being in the system by the fall. I don’t care who you bring in it’s going to be another big learning curve,  and CHF believes Thorne is his guy with just a couple more pieces. I’m okay with it.

He better get right between the ears cuz there was too many bonehead decisions with someone so experienced. Sure wr’s had a hard time getting open but when they were he made inexplicable errant passes. He showed some spunk later in the season but he’s played enough to where this is who he is. He definitely needs a big time wr to bail him out

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

Just now, WFE12 said:

He better get right between the ears cuz there was too many bonehead decisions with someone so experienced. Sure wr’s had a hard time getting open but when they were he made an inexplicable errant passes. He showed some spunk later in the season but he’s played enough to where this is who he is. He definitely needs a big time wr to bail him out

Well we certainly have the running backs to complement his game, and it was the running back that helped get him to the ten win season. I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised by Thorne next year.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Is PT eligible to come back next year?

@War to the Eagle Yes. Otherwise we would be QB shopping right now. All indications, including Freezes words at his presser, indicate we are not QB shopping.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He better get right between the ears cuz there was too many bonehead decisions with someone so experienced. Sure wr’s had a hard time getting open but when they were he madeinexplicable errant passes. He showed some spunk later in the season but he’s played enough to where this is who he is. He definitely needs a big time wr to bail him out

He will get a spring and a fall getting majority of the 1 reps. Him missing the spring was a bigger deal than I think we thought.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@War to the Eagle Yes. Otherwise we would be QB shopping right now. All indications, including Freezes words at his presser, indicate we are not QB shopping.

I am fascinated by the notion that High is not even exploring other QB options. I don’t dislike some of what PT does. But I’m very surprised with what is potentially out there.

Edited by War to the Eagle

12 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He better get right between the ears cuz there was too many bonehead decisions with someone so experienced. Sure wr’s had a hard time getting open but when they were he madeinexplicable errant passes. He showed some spunk later in the season but he’s played enough to where this is who he is. He definitely needs a big time wr to bail him out

Nailed it. Hugh this is a mistake. Outside of not covering bowers and only rushing 2. This may be his worst decision. Im blown away 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He will get a spring and a fall getting majority of the 1 reps. Him missing the spring was a bigger deal than I think we thought.

And a big upgrade at WRs who hopefully read Ds better than the last batch & run the correct routes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I am fascinated by the notion that High is not even exploring other QB options. I don’t dislike some of what PT does. But I’m very surprised with what is potentially out there.

Well think about it this way. No matter who we may bring in will be way behind PT on the learning curve of our O & most would be heavy underdogs to beat him out for QB1.

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

Translation: Portal QBs better than PT are expensive; I’m spending my money on receivers. 

Another translation. A good number of our current WRs aren't good at football. A top transfer QB ain't going to make them much, if any better.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Another translation. A good number of our current WRs aren't good at football. A top transfer QB ain't going to make them much, if any better.

He also must have some veiled measure of confidence in what Geriner and White will provide as backups.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well think about it this way. No matter who we may bring in will be way behind PT on the learning curve of our O & most would be heavy underdogs to beat him out for QB1.

Good point. I just question why HG didn't get more snaps last year. But Hugh was determined to play Robby come hell or High water.

• Like 1