Bye Bye CBS

AUApostle

Really good montage from CBS Sports of the last 30+ years.  It’s OK to shed a tear…a lot of great Auburn memories in there.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

Really good montage from CBS Sports of the last 30+ years.  It’s OK to shed a tear…a lot of great Auburn memories in there.

A lot of great memories/victories, and some heart breaking losses.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I think we are really going to regret letting CBS go as annoying as their announcers can be.  The quality difference between CBS and ESPN is noticeable. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, AUApostle said:

What kills me is just how many last minute, long game winning passes we've given up

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What kills me is just how many last minute, long game winning passes we've given up

I’ve witnessed too many in my lifetime.    

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Always thought the same just unreal and this doesn't include the ones on ESPN

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I think we are really going to regret letting CBS go as annoying as their announcers can be.  The quality difference between CBS and ESPN is noticeable. 

I would say CBS let themselves go. They were getting a cheap deal on SEC broadcasting and refused to budge when it came time to renegotiate. Their future is showing 3rd rate Big 10 games. The SEC is the clear winner here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

It’s because the DBs never looked back.  :poke:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Can’t stop a 3rd and long or. Game winning pass. Failure after failure. This has to change Hugh. If you are reading this . lol 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Can’t stop a 3rd and long or. Game winning pass. Failure after failure. This has to change Hugh. If you are reading this . lol 

He wouldn’t know what he should do without reading this forum!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

CBS's always had the formatting off while viewing on cable. Changed every setting I could find on the tv and nothing fixed it. Going to streaming fixed some of the formatting issues. It then introduced other issues. Like random freezes that had to be browser refreshed. Or the time I was a drive behind because they wanted to show commercial after commercial. Auburn had punted after halftime before I had seen the kickoff. 

The worst to me was the announcing. I could live with the issues but I always hate a CBS game due to the announcing. I had become accustomed to muting the stream and listening to JAYG's Drain. 

I will not miss it. I am thrilled. ESPN watch is leaps and bounds above streaming with CBS and I don't have to listen to the CBS announcers kissing bama ass in a game that doesn't have anything to do with them.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He wouldn’t know what he should do without reading this forum!!!

I know. We are way more qualified than him 

Saturdays won’t be the same without that music. God, I’m going to miss it. 

ESPN/ABC needs to bring back their old music from early 2000’s. Current one doesn’t sound nearly as epic. 

If I never had to hear Danielson again, I’d be super happy. Look, I’m not sad about this in any way. I hated watching games on CBS. But they could’ve had us. They failed in their negotiations. Good riddance.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, woodford said:

Saturdays won’t be the same without that music. God, I’m going to miss it. 

This. 

I prefer the ESPN broadcasts but that music was the soundtrack to a lot of great football Saturdays 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This. 

I prefer the ESPN broadcasts but that music was the soundtrack to a lot of great football Saturdays 

Now it’ll be used for Purdue vs Rutgers

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CR said:

Now it’ll be used for Purdue vs Rutgers

Exactly! It’s like round ball rock being wasted on big east basketball!!!🏀 

CBS never had enough cameras. 
2013 A. Murray short of goal line. TD because there was no camera on that side of the goal line.

Most recently, the iron bowl, when bammer was given a first down because no camera showed the WR short of the line. Of course the refs moved the chain without checking. 

And then the announcers. Bye CBS.

12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Any scenario that removes Gary Danielson from the booth is a net positive. 

• Like 1

I still use rabbit ears to watch CBS games (aka free tv). That’s the one thing that stinks about this….gotta pay for the game on ESPN. Hopefully ABC shows a good many SEC games for us frugal types. 

• Like 1

For me most of the ESPN announcers are more annoying than CBS. Most of the time I would have the game on the TV but mute the sound. Then have the Auburn Radio broadcast on.