LOL UGA

gman87

Sure, it's been an epic run, and one of our 2 primary rivals was going to win, but the thought of UGA getting a 3-peat was leading up to unbearable smugness from their fanbase. And I kind of like the idea of them going 12-0 regular season and getting bupkis for it. (Oh great, they won the East...yay) 

Maybe I'm just numb to $puat winning, but at some point, one more in their 215 SEC championships really doesn't matter. 

So here's to you UGA, you unbeaten regular season East champion.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CCTAU said:

It is nice to know that they both could be going to the same playoff game we are…

This. When they play each other I wish both could lose. There is a very solid chance yesterday they both did. 

• Like 1

I was pulling for the giant, fiery meteor to win, but like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin, I'm always left disappointed. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gman87 said:

Maybe I'm just numb to $puat winning, but at some point, one more in their 215 SEC championships really doesn't matter. 

I felt the same way when UGA started to win. I would rather just Bama continue winning than have UGA also start winning. It makes it so much harder for Auburn when both are good. I'm used to Bama winning. I used to take great pleasure in watching UGA choke.  

I also love the bowl set up. This is prime set up for them to let down in a bowl game. UGA lost their way out of a chance at a 3peat. FSU feels shafted for going undefeated and being left off. I could see a lot of UGA players forgoing their final game, Georgia as a whole being a little unmotivated for this one, and FSU smelling blood in the water. Watch Georgia finish the is season with back to back losses.

4 hours ago, pikecracker said:

I felt the same way when UGA started to win. I would rather just Bama continue winning than have UGA also start winning. It makes it so much harder for Auburn when both are good. I'm used to Bama winning. I used to take great pleasure in watching UGA choke.  

To me, I think it’s the fan bases having this perception. Bama’s had such a stretch the last 15 years, their fans don’t really gloat as badly anymore. UGA fans though are sitting where Alabama fans were about 10 years ago. Not only do they think they are God’s gift to football, but they’re going to go out of their way to throw it in your face, especially if you are an Auburn fan. Maybe it’s just that I married a Bama grad a year ago that isn’t super “FOOOOTBALLLL” that has softened it. But UGA fans are worse in my opinion right now. 

When you win 29 in a row, you are bound to lose soon. With that being said, Georgia would be favored against the top 4 next weekend if they played. I am glad we are going to 12 teams and wish it was 16. I hate the bowls. Seriously, who is watching the Birmingham or Potato bowls? lol..................