2024 Early National Signing Day

Zeek

12 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I understand. Just passing along what Charlie5 told Zac Blackerby on Locked on Auburn. 

I do think we flip Amaris Williams. Over on a Gators board they feel he is 100% flipping to us. Napier still hasn't hired a D-Line coach and some Gator fans said lately when Williams does an interview, he never mentions Florida. Mainly just mentions us. They said he is the most uncommitted commit they've ever seen.

Those are my favorite types of commits

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lca408 said:

I’ve always had the feeling that Freeze and Co knew they probably couldn’t make up enough ground to snag #1 in ‘24 but that it was theirs for the ‘25 class. I think they’ve been laying the groundwork for that ‘25 class ever since they arrived in 2022.

Yes, we laid the groundwork for 2025 as soon as the staff got here but let’s be honest. It will be extremely difficult for Auburn to ever have a number one ranked recruiting class barring winning some championships first.

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes, we laid the groundwork for 2025 as soon as the staff got here but let’s be honest. It will be extremely difficult for Auburn to ever have a number one ranked recruiting class barring winning some championships first.

You know more than I but with NIL and it’s more possible now than ever. I think Saban retiring + other coach shuffling + playoff run could help. It would have to be a perfect storm of sorts but it’s not crazy to imagine. 

Hoping for a strong finish to the 24 class ☝🏻

I don't think it happens, but if AU lands AW, LJ, KJ, and Echols, that has to be #1. LJ and KJ together are enough to get 5th.

More realistically, I suspect we will land a couple more 4 stars (like AW and Echols) and wind up 7-9. No complaints here.

I hope this continues to trend like its doing but I have to say while I have been hard on Freeze on the coaching front, he has worked really hard on the recruiting part and looks like its going to pay off and hopefully help the team get back to where we want it to be. Great work for CHF and all the assistants to actually be in the recruiting conversations again, its progress and at least we see some off the filed wins for a change.

On the other hand, IMHO it just shows what a piss poor job our previous coaching staff did, I mean it almost appears that they put no effort whatsoever. I just do not understand how you can call yourself a top tier coach and not do any recruiting, I truly do not understand how he could be that bad, just crazy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We don't necessairly need to be #1 in recruiting. AU has always been able to do more with less. As long as we can hang in around #10 or thereabouts our on-field results will be fine,

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

I hope this continues to trend like its doing but I have to say while I have been hard on Freeze on the coaching front, he has worked really hard on the recruiting part and looks like its going to pay off and hopefully help the team get back to where we want it to be. Great work for CHF and all the assistants to actually be in the recruiting conversations again, its progress and at least we see some off the filed wins for a change.

On the other hand, IMHO it just shows what a piss poor job our previous coaching staff did, I mean it almost appears that they put no effort whatsoever. I just do not understand how you can call yourself a top tier coach and not do any recruiting, I truly do not understand how he could be that bad, just crazy.

Still don't understand why he wasn't fired for cause.

17 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Still don't understand why he wasn't fired for cause.

I agree but I wonder if it was a situation where the dirty laundry and finger pointing that may have come from it made it not worth the fight in regards to Auburn’s image in some way. I mean he clearly was tanking recruiting on purpose or he was an embarrassment as a coach (actually both). 
When you look at it from the outside now though thanks to Texas A&M nobody even remembers him….except for us bitter fans obviously. 
  It does make me sick that he got rich by being such a horrible employee that he was paid to go away. Somewhere even while he’s counting all that money that has to creep into his mind that he’s rich because he’s incompetent. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

I agree but I wonder if it was a situation where the dirty laundry and finger pointing that may have come from it made it not worth the fight in regards to Auburn’s image in some way. I mean he clearly was tanking recruiting on purpose or he was an embarrassment as a coach (actually both). 
When you look at it from the outside now though thanks to Texas A&M nobody even remembers him….except for us bitter fans obviously. 
  It does make me sick that he got rich by being such a horrible employee that he was paid to go away. Somewhere even while he’s counting all that money that has to creep into his mind that he’s rich because he’s incompetent. 

Actually, I believe AU should claim to be 2nd only to a few that 1. Figured out it was the wrong hire in less than 2 years and 2. Had courage enough to pull that trigger to admit to that publicly in order to move on expeditiously, and right the ship ASAP.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Smart had #1 recruiting classes before UGa's first post-1980 natl title, yes? No reason we can't too.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Smart had #1 recruiting classes before UGa's first post-1980 natl title, yes? No reason we can't too.

Thank you. There is absolutely no reason AU can’t. We can’t continue to think in the old ways. Think differently AU Family 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AcUmen said:

don't think it happens, but if AU lands AW, LJ, KJ, and Echols, that has to be #1

@AcUmen it’s not. I did the class calculator yesterday when this discussion came up. Georgia would have to lose some commits for us then to be number one with that finish.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

@aucanucktiger he’s also coaching at the state school at one of the three best states to get talent. We’re not. From a recruiting advantage standpoint those two things are not comparable.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

No reason we can't too.

We can do it. It’s just nowhere near as easy as it is for a school like Georgia with the added advantages they have that I just spoke about above.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Thank you. There is absolutely no reason AU can’t. We can’t continue to think in the old ways. Think differently AU Family 

@JDUBB4AU it’s not about thinking differently. It’s about recognizing reality. Yes we have some advantages to many other schools but as I said already, Georgia has even more advantages over us being the only major state school and one in a state that’s top three in talent every year. We can be number one in recruiting, but because we don’t have those extra advantages, Georgia does it’s gonna take us winning big before we could likely get to number one. As Mikey pointed out though it doesn’t matter if we ever get to number one in recording or not. He said we can compete big with consistent top 10 classes. While that is correct we can compete even more with top five classes, which is very realistic under Freeze.  

• Like 1

So I got a question from TigerMike in a message that I think would be helpful to a number of other recruiting fans. Christian Clemente posted a tweet about Bryce Cain signing his LOI. Bryce, nor any of our commits have signed their LOI because they can’t until December 20. What they’re signing now is their grant papers that allows them to take

May have already been mentioned, but Echol's will not be announcing on 20th but rather the 22nd on his birthday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@JDUBB4AU it’s not about thinking differently. It’s about recognizing reality. Yes we have some advantages to many other schools but as I said already, Georgia has even more advantages over us being the only major state school and one in a state that’s top three in talent every year. We can be number one in recruiting, but because we don’t have those super advantages, Georgia does it’s gonna take us winning big before we could likely get to number one. As Mikey pointed out though it doesn’t matter if we ever get to number one in recording or not. He said we can compete big with consistent top 10 classes while that is correct we can compete even more with top five classes, which is very realistic under Freeze.  

Mine comment has more to do with a complex that’s been created by AU fans. Do more with less? How bout get more? It takes winning. How do you win? With more. After seeing Clemsons rise anyone can do it. I understand the conference difference. Consistent top 5 in my opinion is obtainable as your post says. 

• Like 3

Freeze is the best recruiter Auburn has ever had. And he may be the best recruiter in the country period. His focus on recruiting is constant and amazing.  He actually enjoys it, unlike most coaches.  I don't think it's a big deal if you are 8th or 7th or 2nd or whatever, but consistent top ten finishes is what puts you in title contention. We appear to have found the guy who can do that.  Right now, he is landing big name recruits by selling smoke and mirrors but they see that the tide is shifting. It's really quite remarkable. 

• Like 4

So this is sort of like getting an AU tattoo before national signing day?

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

So I got a question from TigerMike in a message that I think would be helpful to a number of other recruiting fans. Christian Clemente posted a tweet about Bryce Cain signing his LOI. Bryce, nor any of our commits have signed their LOI because they can’t until December 20. What they’re signing now is their grant papers that allows them to take

• Haha 1

When was the last time we were in it this late for major recruits?

This is what makes recruiting fun and addictive 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Butthead said:

The above on LJ is just weird. Doesn’t look like something a recruit would normally post. Are recruits getting a fee for posting these things?  

Who knows nowadays but in the last week or 2 I’ve seen/heard that recruits are getting paid for visits so I’d imagine posting something for a fee as a recruit is feasible.

there is a logo at the top of that image that includes a Jordan image.  … and I doubt he created it.

things are crazy now

if it hasn’t happened yet I bet recruiting services will pay these kids for exclusivity and to make their recruitment more dramatic for clicks.