2024 4* SDE Amaris Williams Flips From Florida To AU!

ellitor

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

After that amount of time its a reflection of the teacher. 😁

Y’all are both dancing around a euphemism I can’t quite remember. I could be totally off base, but maybe I’ll say enough for someone to remember it. I think it’s something like who’s dumber? Blank. Or the blank who follows him.?

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Y’all are both dancing around a euphemism I can’t quite remember. I could be totally off base, but maybe I’ll say enough for someone to remember it. I think it’s something like who’s dumber? Blank. Or the blank who follows him.?

“Who’s dumber? Golf or the eunuch bird that follows him?”

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

“Who’s dumber? Golf or the ball less bird that follows him?”

No! Sadly, I have to turn in my Star Wars fan card.
Image of Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

20 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I dont think Echols is technically a flip since he decommited

Echols is still a flip. Flips don’t have to be immediate. The definition of flip in recruiting is a player decommitting from one school, and eventually landing at another school.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I can’t ever tell what golf means. He’s a drunken 108 year old. 

image.gif.bde60f92c0eb03d2a98dda4933d7d809.gif

Funny story. The idea for grumpy old man came from people seeing golf and bird interact.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Funny story. The idea for grumpy old man came from people seeing golf and bird interact.

Haha! 

All jokes aside, Walter Matthau was one of the funniest human beings I’ve ever seen. He reminds me of my grandfather.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

UF blew their money on visits and early commitments.  Autry was getting paid Everytime he visited as were many others. 

Hilarious. I can't even imagine the depths of sorrow I would feel after paying HS kids to waste my time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Hilarious. I can't even imagine the depths of sorrow I would feel after paying HS kids to waste my time. 

There is no law in place for this particular thing. If the schools would collectively say kick rocks, this crap would end. 

That judgement from earlier this week on the other hand is going to really put the hurting on schools and football programs.🤦

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I can’t ever tell what golf means. He’s a drunken 108 year old. 

Yeah, but the upside is he's finally able to shoot a round under his age.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There is no law in place for this particular thing. If the schools would collectively say kick rocks, this crap would end. 

That judgement from earlier this week on the other hand is going to really put the hurting on schools and football programs.🤦

I'm all for players getting paid. It was long overdue. 

But in what other world do you have this kind of money thrown around without any structure? It's frustrating to see them do the right thing, but without any planning whatsoever. 

Not trying to get political here, but it's analogous (although clearly less serious) to the decriminalization of drugs in Portland, in favor of treatment programs. This is the right idea and it's worked in other places. But Portland had no coherent plan or infrastructure in place to do it properly. So now everyone against the principle can say "see, I told you so," when the problem is not the original idea but the implementation. And progress is stopped. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I'm all for players getting paid. It was long overdue. 

But in what other world do you have this kind of money thrown around without any structure? It's frustrating to see them do the right thing, but without any planning whatsoever. 

Not trying to get political here, but it's analogous (although clearly less serious) to the decriminalization of drugs in Portland, in favor of treatment programs. This is the right idea and it's worked in other places. But Portland had no coherent plan or infrastructure in place to do it properly. So now everyone against the principle can say "see, I told you so," when the problem is not the original idea but the implementation. And progress is stopped. 

I would like to see there be a cap on NIL spending per player. And for institutions that break that rule, death penalty. Make it actually make sense and hold the standard. Friggin NCAA has absolutely no control over anything anymore. 

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

More Dennis and Mr. Wilson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

More Dennis and Mr. Wilson

My wife and I were watching a clip from Dennis the Menace the other night. Man oh man I forgot how good he was in that movie. That scene with the golf ball and vacuum cleaner sent me. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yeah, but the upside is he's finally able to shoot a round under his age.

I mean staying under 1000 doesn’t seem that hard.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

My wife and I were watching a clip from Dennis the Menace the other night. Man oh man I forgot how good he was in that movie. That scene with the golf ball and vacuum cleaner sent me. 

I forgot there was a movie. I was referencing the TV show.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I forgot there was a movie. I was referencing the TV show.

I thought he was referencing the movie because Mathau was in the movie as Mr.Wilson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I mean staying under 1000 doesn’t seem that hard.

Come on, quit exaggerating. He's got the year of his birth right there in his user name: 1716.  He's only 307.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I would like to see there be a cap on NIL spending per player. And for institutions that break that rule, death penalty. Make it actually make sense and hold the standard. Friggin NCAA has absolutely no control over anything anymore. 

If the laws says NIL can’t be regulated, how can it be regulated? Someone will challenge that, I bet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

IDK, I like us being able to compete on a level playing field.   As soon as a cap is imposed there will be those that honor the cap and those that will not.   I'm afraid that would be bad for AU.

Christopher Lloyd was great in it also

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Christopher Lloyd was great in it also

The beans lol. The beans were fascinating to me as a small child. No clue why.

• Haha 1