USA Today Article

PigskinPat

5/6 years old. Man the Indiana hurt is deep. 

What a shock. Dan Wolken with a hit piece on Bruce. Bruce mustve beat him and Pat Forde up as kids and took their lunch money. They seem very scarred.

If anyone has watched our Bruce teams, we aren't doing many complex things on offense.  We have also been very streaky and just shoot it from the timeline LOL.  I mean it all depends on how well we shoot primarily right?  Of course he targets the F4 team.  IDGA crap what you are watching etc, you don't just go through Kansas, UNC, Kentucky in succession without earning it.  I just don't see how the alleged watching opponents means a whole lot in basketball compared to football.

I do not know much about BB plays etc, but those who do….could you really take info from a practice an hour and a half before the game and do anything useful with it anyway? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I do not know much about BB plays etc, but those who do….could you really take info from a practice an hour and a half before the game and do anything useful with it anyway? 

There is a possibility when u come out of a timeout and u might see a set that looks familiar. Then u could call a timeout a run something else. To me that’s really stretching it because bball is so fast paced. U would need to be a savant like Bron that studies film  and can process things quickly IMO 

To me most of the offenses look very similar until after a few passes in with three weaves somebody makes a break pick or drive.  This sounds like horse hockey to me. Kind of like accusing us of point shaving with Varez Ward. That was laughable. Don’t you have to be able to SCORE points to shave points?

Oh look at this formation…bet it’s a pick and roll.  Oohhh this ones def a ball screen. 

give me a break. 

this one reeks of:

a) we’ve got bama scared (Williams? Success?)

b) political (BP Jewish conservative?)

c) sour grapes (Indiana game?, Big10 not the only cheaters)

I say we let this one go and just laugh at them. Anybody still read USA Today btw?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

6 years ago with no direct witnesses? Obviously the Michigan football thing has got the press in a tizzy. Without a quick follow up piece with some specific, this fades into nothingness by Fri 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

This was the funniest moment in the history of basketball. What makes it even funnier is how the players welcome him into the huddle and the coach in the background who realizes what’s going on. 😂😂😂😂

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

This story is old news. Wolken thought he had Bruce nailed on this stuff years ago, and no one would talk to him. Guy won’t let it go. 

Wolken is such a tool.  Has had it out for AU for years.

• Like 1

Wasn’t the Chuck Person investigation in full swing by that time? Seems unlikely that anything even remotely questionable would be going on at the same time you’re under the NCAA and media microscope. 

On 12/13/2023 at 2:19 PM, AUBwins said:

IDGA crap what you are watching etc, you don't just go through Kansas, UNC, Kentucky in succession without earning it. 

Especially when you are doing so in arenas that you have no control over the cameras. Maybe we do record teams at home, but we beat a lot of good teams on the road as well. Seems like we would win at home and lose on the road but in those years it was pretty mixed, especially in 2018/2019 with us winning the SEC tournament and making the final four all in road/neutral games.