Merry Christmas!!!

WarTim

14 hours ago, gr82be said:

The part where Linus drops his security blanket when he says “fear not” is especially moving. He never is without that blanket but so for him to let it go at that moment, WOW, what a statement!

You know, I never picked up on that all these years until you mentioned it. 

Wow.

• Like 1

As always, my Christmas tradition with wifey is to watch The Hogfather -- a British 2 part miniseries (totaling more than 3 hours) made from the Terry Pratchett novel in his Discworld series -- an alter-Christmas-y spin featuring a bunch of British luminaries -- David Janson, David Warner, Michelle Dockery, Ian McKellan, etc. Great fun and not the least bit sappy.

If I never hear another Christmas song in my life, if I never see another Christmas movie in my life, I will die happy.

My comment is intended to express that not everyone celebrates Christmas the same way around the world or even here in the U.S. I've lived all over the U.S. and have enjoyed the Christmas traditions of the Amish, the Quakers, the Midwestern Swedish St Lucia and Dutch, French-inspired Cajun/Creole, German/Euro Krampus who gives gifts to good children but chases and punishes naughty children (many are punished), etc.

And in that spirit, I'll mention (with no detail) the Christmas tradition of sexual orgies that begin on Christmas Eve and conclude on New Years Day. Bowl games? Save to your video library. hahaha

2 hours ago, AURex said:

As always, my Christmas tradition with wifey is to watch The Hogfather -- a British 2 part miniseries (totaling more than 3 hours) made from the Terry Pratchett novel in his Discworld series -- an alter-Christmas-y spin featuring a bunch of British luminaries -- David Janson, David Warner, Michelle Dockery, Ian McKellan, etc. Great fun and not the least bit sappy.

If I never hear another Christmas song in my life, if I never see another Christmas movie in my life, I will die happy.

My comment is intended to express that not everyone celebrates Christmas the same way around the world or even here in the U.S. I've lived all over the U.S. and have enjoyed the Christmas traditions of the Amish, the Quakers, the Midwestern Swedish St Lucia and Dutch, French-inspired Cajun/Creole, German/Euro Krampus who gives gifts to good children but chases and punishes naughty children (many are punished), etc.

And in that spirit, I'll mention (with no detail) the Christmas tradition of sexual orgies that begin on Christmas Eve and conclude on New Years Day. Bowl games? Save to your video library. hahaha

I’ve always found it to be grossly hypocritical for anyone, non-Christians or Christians,  to celebrate Christmas through any other criteria than honoring the birth of Jesus Christ.

This is as fine of an example of true Christmas celebration as you could have shared, @AURex.   Well done.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AURex said:

So did you get punished alot? Inquiring minds want to know!!! Lol