Did y'all know this?

vatz22au

Reading the plainsman...and it says "AU football to pen '06 season against Georgia Tech."

It later goes on to say the game, set for Sep. 2, will be televised on ESPN. It will be a home game at Jordan-hare.

Guest Tigrinum Major

In my best Ron White impression: "I don't think so, ..... scooter."

vatz, you know better than to believe what is written by other students. Washington State is the opener for 2006.

Linky Dink

Guest Tigrinum Major
Must be a mis-print...because it clearly says," AU TO OPEN WITH GEORGIA TECH."

*Sigh

177520[/snapback]

Sad, The Plainsman used to be a bastion of superior journalism.

Oh, who am I kidding? I used to pick one up for the Finley's coupons...

Anyone remember Chicken Italians from Finley's? Two for one on Thursdays. A culinary masterpiece.

(Sorry, vatz, not trying to hijack your thread, just give it a little resusitation.)

Anyone remember Chicken Italians from Finley's?  Two for one on Thursdays.  A culinary masterpiece.

177525[/snapback]

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM... chicken Italians from Finleys... :homer:

*Sigh

177520[/snapback]

Anyone remember Chicken Italians from Finley's? Two for one on Thursdays. A culinary masterpiece.

(Sorry, vatz, not trying to hijack your thread, just give it a little resusitation.)

177525[/snapback]

I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this! My daughter works at Finley's and the Chicken Italians are going strong. I can get you the receipe, if you want. (of course, I probably could have guessed it before I had an insider!)

If the AUNation goes by during your next visit, be nice to the sweet, dark haired girl in the glasses! She is new and still gettin' her legs under her.

Tell her Scottie4AU sent you. She will have no idea what you mean. :P

As for me and my house, we are ready to swat some pesky yella jackets!!

:au: War Eagle :au:

Scottie

chicken italians were 2 for 1 when i was in high school (my brother was here). they were 99 cents when i was a freshman. you'll be horrified to know they went up to... 1.19 my junior year. i haven't been back since. sometimes you have to just draw the line. but i do miss them.

Wasn't the Ga Tech series supposed to be three games? I thought when they originally set that up, it was one at Bobby Dodd, one at Jordan-Hare and one at The Georgia Dome.

Did I just think of this on my own? :unsure:

*Sigh

177520[/snapback]

177525[/snapback]

Auburn's true culinary masterpiece has been lost to history:

Breakfast Burrito from Tiger time: with bacon -- extra salsa and sour cream.

I have NEVER been able to duplicate the delight in which I partook on a weekly basis during my 5 year tenure on the Plains.

Sad, sad, sad...

Wasn't the Ga Tech series supposed to be three games?  I thought when they originally set that up, it was one at Bobby Dodd, one at Jordan-Hare and one at The Georgia Dome.

177593[/snapback]

You're correct. Originally the 2003 game was supposed to be in the Dome. However, Ga Tech finished some improvements on the stadium early and asked that the first home game in the improved stadium be against Auburn. I'm not sure why the third game was dropped. Personally, I'd love to pick up Ga Tech as a yearly game again. However, since Tech already plays UGAly every year, I doubt they'd want to get whipped by two SEC teams ever year.

Wasn't the Ga Tech series supposed to be three games?  I thought when they originally set that up, it was one at Bobby Dodd, one at Jordan-Hare and one at The Georgia Dome.

177593[/snapback]

You are right. :au:

Mama G's was the best!

The Mama's Love was the best hangover remedy I could find.

I think I ate one everyday for a week.

good stuff.

Guest Tigrinum Major

177593[/snapback]

You're correct. Originally the 2003 game was supposed to be in the Dome. However, Ga Tech finished some improvements on the stadium early and asked that the first home game in the improved stadium be against Auburn. I'm not sure why the third game was dropped. Personally, I'd love to pick up Ga Tech as a yearly game again. However, since Tech already plays UGAly every year, I doubt they'd want to get whipped by two SEC teams ever year.

177613[/snapback]

Supposedly it was because of the new ACC reorganization and open dates at the Georgia Dome and basically, Tech didn't want a second beatdown like they are getting tomorrow night...yeah, that's the ticket...

*Sigh

177520[/snapback]

177525[/snapback]

Breakfast Burrito from Tiger time: with bacon -- extra salsa and sour cream.

I have NEVER been able to duplicate the delight in which I partook on a weekly basis during my 5 year tenure on the Plains.

Sad, sad, sad...

177606[/snapback]

That freiking burrito at Tiger Time Diner was the greatest I have ever had.....especially at 4:00am when Supper Club closed. :big:

Anyone remember Chicken Italians from Finley's?  Two for one on Thursdays.  A culinary masterpiece.

177525[/snapback]

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM... chicken Italians from Finleys... :homer:

177528[/snapback]

They're STILL dang good!!!

Breakfast Burrito from Tiger time:  with bacon -- extra salsa and sour cream.

Sad, sad, sad...

177606[/snapback]

I bet you scheduled some down time in the bathroom after your first class of the day too, huh? Breakfast burrito with bacon and extra salsa and sour cream? I'm sorry but that sounds awful. :unsure: :P

Archived