Will we see more staff changes?

Just now, imaolgatiger said:

And? Things change! So, YES let’s see what happens! If CHF doesn’t succeed then he will be gone! CHF should remove ANY and EVERY coach that he feels necessary for his success! Just because Caddy is LOVED by our fan base doesn’t mean that he can’t be replaced as a coach! Replacing him doesn’t make him a bad person or less of a coach! 

i am sure it is often a tuff call to let folks go but at the end of the day it is freezes behind on the line so to speak. so i believe he will do what he has to for those glory days we all seek. and if hugh fails i feel like we will be loaded and will leave the next coach something to work with.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am sure it is often a tuff call to let folks go but at the end of the day it is freezes behind on the line so to speak. so i believe he will do what he has to for those glory days we all seek. and if hugh fails i feel like we will be loaded and will leave the next coach something to work with.

Exactly! 2 or more things can be true at once. There seems to be a lot of trolls and malcontents in here that will throw mud at EVERYTHING Auburn! I support AUBURN UNIVERSITY and not past players and coaches! I’ve had to let long term employees go for not doing what the organization needed! They were good people, but they didn’t buy into moving the company forward. It’s never, or shouldn’t be, easy to let people go, even when necessary! 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, keesler said:

lol.  Hugh knows Caddy is an important piece of the fabric of Auburn Football and well respected by the Auburn Family.

That's probably why it is being handled delicately and he's being allowed to find another job on his own (per the rumors)

• Like 1

coach mason just hired cornbread. maybe caddy will end up there.sorry i forgot the uni.

A general bulletin for everyone here.  

Solid information on this doesn't really exist.  A whole lot of rumor and speculation at best, some of which might be true and some of which is made up or who knows. 

As a mod/admin staff, we're going to be very conservative on throwing out or allowing specifics on what this may be about.  Just not going to indulge salacious stuff with little/no backing to it. So if your post goes poof and it's related to these rumors, just know that's why.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, e808 said:

Do you recall that long winded speech he gave about Caddy when CHF came on. Then even have Caddy to give the team a motivational pregame speech. Only to come back to say Caddy doesn’t fit his plan. This really doesn’t make much sense to me but I am not making millions to make these decisions if true. Maybe Caddy moves on voluntarily. Let’s see what happens

Given how last season concluded and that stupid fan-driven attempt at pumping Caddy into the HC spot, it was very obvious that Freeze was backed into keeping him on the staff and singing his praises to appease that whole situation from an optics perspective. You are kind of missing that major part of the story. Now that we are past that whole saga, we are at a point where these two parties can go their own ways if that is the choice that is being made. This isn't the first time this type of scenario has played out (new incoming HC retains some fan-favorite coach on the staff, then a year or two later a change is made).

If Freeze is actually going for Derrick Nix as his in-title OC then the picture seems very clear here. Nix is a RB or WR coach. They obviously aren't canning Marcus Davis, and Nix can't coach QB's which is now void with the dismissal of Montgomery. So what's the move? Kent Austin to the staff as QB coach and Nix as OC/RB is the most obvious play.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, metafour said:

Given how last season concluded and that stupid fan-driven attempt at pumping Caddy into the HC spot, it was very obvious that Freeze was backed into keeping him on the staff and singing his praises to appease that whole situation from an optics perspective. You are kind of missing that major part of the story. Now that we are past that whole saga, we are at a point where these two parties can go their own ways if that is the choice that is being made. This isn't the first time this type of scenario has played out (new incoming HC retains some fan-favorite coach on the staff, then a year or two later a change is made).

If Freeze is actually going for Derrick Nix as his in-title OC then the picture seems very clear here. Nix is a RB or WR coach. They obviously aren't canning Marcus Davis, and Nix can't coach QB's which is now void with the dismissal of Montgomery. So what's the move? Kent Austin to the staff as QB coach and Nix as OC/RB is the most obvious play.

Just to me it doesn’t seem very forth coming to do all that . Then on top of that after the team laid an egg, use the man to give the team a pep talk before the game if he doesn’t share the same vision.  Definitely didn’t think he should get the head coaching job. Just for that short stint he was able to get the team to look competent in every game.  Like mentioned above ultimately CHF has to do what he sees for best

On 1/9/2024 at 1:31 PM, MCPeePants said:

Hold onto your butts....................

I can’t see that happening…the optics are not good…

37 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Why not just say Zac and Caddy?

The synopsis of what I have read on here is that Zach was looking safe but Caddy was finding a new job. 

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So was Caddy’s title OC or just HB coach?

FIFY…caddy title didn’t sound proper and his name deserves to be capitalized!😂

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So was caddy title OC or just HB coach?

Not 100% but I think "associate HC/RB" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve99 said:

I am too, might be some news today.

Today or tomorrow

You know what they say, Fire on Friday. 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Today or tomorrow

You know what they say, Fire on Friday. 

Yeah my associates didn't want to see me on a Friday. God I don't miss those days......love me some retirement.....

• Like 2
  • Love 2

A little off topic but Bama retooling entire coaching staff will raise the going tate for all of them. They will have to open up the checkbook to get any good ones to come on board with historical data on coaching staffs following great coaching staffs thT retire. Nobody wants to be that staff.

35 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah my associates didn't want to see me on a Friday. God I don't miss those days......love me some retirement.....

lumberg.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fishepa said:

Why not just say Zac and Caddy?

Or CaddyZac