Will we see more staff changes?

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

I am a CHF supporter but this is looking eerily like Harsins first year minus the recruiting 

Exactly that. Same record and all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, e808 said:

I am a CHF supporter but this is looking eerily like Harsins first year minus the recruiting 

I've quietly thought the same. Add in the quick removal of the OC with rumors of the DC being released as well. Even more similar is I would be shocked if Kent Austin wasn't promoted to OC.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jknighton said:

I've quietly thought the same. Add in the quick removal of the OC with rumors of the DC being released as well. Even more similar is I would be shocked if Kent Austin wasn't promoted to OC.

I thought Derek Mason left on his own accord.  

1 minute ago, NCAubs said:

I thought Derek Mason left on his own accord.  

You're not baiting me to go down that rabbit hole lol. If you remember there was plenty of whispers about Mason leaving after the bowl game.

2 minutes ago, jknighton said:

You're not baiting me to go down that rabbit hole lol. If you remember there was plenty of whispers about Mason leaving after the bowl game.

Not trying to bait anyone.  I don’t remember whispers until he left.  I must not be as connected as you. 

26 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Let's hope that is not the case.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, NCAubs said:

Not trying to bait anyone.  I don’t remember whispers until he left.  I must not be as connected as you. 

Not connected, but I remember plenty of talk of Mason interviewing for other jobs immediately after the season. The large debate was whether it was because Harsin insinuated he should look elsewhere or Mason simply wanted out. I personally believe it was a mutual separation because Schmedding was named DC immediately after.

Even more crazy is apparently our fan base don't think the coaching carousel has any impact on players, or if they do they think players shouldn't care about things like that lol

• Thanks 1

Just now, jknighton said:

Not connected, but I remember plenty of talk of Mason interviewing for other jobs immediately after the season. The large debate was whether it was because Harsin insinuated he should look elsewhere or Mason simply wanted out. I personally believe it was a mutual separation because Schmedding was named DC immediately after.

Our "insiders" claim they didn't get along or to that extent. Some heated conversation(s).

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Even more crazy is apparently our fan base don't think the coaching carousel has any impact on players, or if they do they think players shouldn't care about things like that lol

True. As much as we want to believe that these young men commit to the university, it is the bond they build with their position coaches that can be stronger.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

stoP-THAt-RiGHT-nOW.jpg.png.ce17d8351a3f4940862b2df4f74374b3.png

• Haha 2

I have heard of 2 potential ousters on our staff that are really hard to fathom so I'm hoping it is disinformation.   We should all know in a few days.

6 minutes ago, jknighton said:

True. As much as we want to believe that these young men commit to the university, it is the bond they build with their position coaches that can be stronger.

It is human nature. I refuse to believe dudes across the nation just want to be in Tuscaloosa because they love whatever creed they have haha. They going there for relationships and to make it to the pros. I appreciate what Hugh is trying to do but I fear he will get left behind if he doesn't adapt soon.

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

I have heard of 2 potential ousters on our staff that are really hard to fathom so I'm hoping it is disinformation.   We should all know in a few days.

Whats Interesting is the fact that Charles Kelly hasn't been officially introduced by AU. Weird all the way around 

Just now, DAG said:

It is human nature. I refuse to believe dudes across the nation just want to be in Tuscaloosa because they love whatever creed they have haha. They going there for relationships and to make it to the pros. I appreciate what Hugh is trying to do but I fear he will get left behind if he doesn't adapt soon.

Exactly. Most kids choose Bama to make it in the NFL, it's strictly a business decision. 

I think Freeze was the right man for the job when he was hired because of our poor optics from the Harsin debacle. Unfortunately I think he's learning that the Auburn job is substantially tougher than the Ole Miss job. The fans here have ZERO patience and the administration has very little. I think he's done an decent job up to this point, but next year will tell the tale. I don't know if it's make or break, but another 6-7 year will be unacceptable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The Missouri DC just signed a new deal and talked about “unfinished business” there and that was a big reason he was staying. Two weeks later LSU waved more money at him and he bolted. This has always been a business for coaches, only now the players have the opportunity to treat it as such for themselves.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

If one of those is a particular brand of automobile you can rest easy.  Not a chance.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LAtoAU said:

So some of you believe that CPM should have been retained? Really? 

Nope. Any OC that's brought in will be in name only. Hugh will be running the show on offense including calling plays. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Nope. Any OC that's brought in will be in name only. Hugh will be running the show on offense including calling plays. 

And isn't that a good thing? Are people on here complaining just to complain? I want CHF calling the plays! 

Just now, LAtoAU said:

And isn't that a good thing? Are people on here complaining just to complain? I want CHF calling the plays! 

I'm just saying the next OC won't be a big name guy that's calling the plays. Hugh needs to take over the offense 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

If one of those is a particular brand of automobile you can rest easy.  Not a chance.

I thought Smart was at Bama. :big:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LAtoAU said:

no people are saying this is eerily like our previous coach. No one is saying retain a single person, instead get it right the first time so Auburn can stop shelling out unnecessary money for poor performance. 

• Like 1