Will we see more staff changes?

IF I am reading the tea leaves right. Caddy and Zach out? Zach replaced by TRob? Charles Kelly and TRob coach secondary? Basically any coach that was at Auburn during the potato famine will be replaced so as to promote staff cohesion. Montgomery kept on but will not be calling plays? Kept as a scapegoat for the issues next season? This is all conjecture and I hope my thoughts are wrong.

I am concerned Marcus Davis will also be caught up in this somehow. As bama is shopping for a WR coach.

Caddy has proven himself as a recruiter.  Auburn has had a stable of excellent RB talent for several years -- even during the Harsin potato famine.

If he decides to leave to advance professionally, I am 100% in his corner. If he is pushed out, I can only think it is (1) a bad look from the perspective of fans and donors, and (2) really stupid from a coaching perspective, because he has pulled in top talent and coached 'em up, only to be saddled with shiiiiite on the OL.

That's my personal opinion and I'm sticking with it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AURex said:

Caddy has proven himself as a recruiter.  Auburn has had a stable of excellent RB talent for several years -- even during the Harsin potato famine.

If he decides to leave to advance professionally, I am 100% in his corner. If he is pushed out, I can only think it is (1) a bad look from the perspective of fans and donors, and (2) really stupid from a coaching perspective, because he has pulled in top talent and coached 'em up, only to be saddled with shiiiiite on the OL.

That's my personal opinion and I'm sticking with it.

I’d add that he seems to be a good motivator and that is something we are lacking 

16 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

IF I am reading the tea leaves right. Caddy and Zach out? Zach replaced by TRob? Charles Kelly and TRob coach secondary? Basically any coach that was at Auburn during the potato famine will be replaced so as to promote staff cohesion. Montgomery kept on but will not be calling plays? Kept as a scapegoat for the issues next season? This is all conjecture and I hope my thoughts are wrong.

I am concerned Marcus Davis will also be caught up in this somehow. As bama is shopping for a WR coach.

U need to fly up to the nest. All the insiders are caucusing up there as we speak.

13 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

T Rob would be an upgrade at coaching and recruiting. Kelly is a home run hire. It’s about Jimmys and Joes. 

Caddy is a legend at AU. Are there better RB coaches out there with more experience? Probably. Everyone wants to win and win now . This goes back to are Auburn men the best options when it comes to coaches ? Hire the best available coaches no matter where they went to college . 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cbo said:

The rumor on Twitter

Ah the same pond that Lane to Auburn was fished out of. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boogin said:

We coming in hot!

Nice first post. 

• Haha 1

IN MY UNPOPULAR OPINION...

I love Cadillac and appreciate everything he has done for Auburn University as a player, running back coach, interim head coach and ambassador, but he may the most underwhelming running backs coach since the 80's. Eddie Gran was a better running backs coach. Curtis Luper is a better running backs coach. Tim Horton was arguably a better running backs coach than Caddy.

If Caddy stays, I'll be okay with it. If he goes, I genuinely wish him the very best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

Ah the same pond that Lane to Auburn was fished out of. 

Yep. Twitter rumors are often wrong. They are also right as often as any other social media, including this forum. 

Pretty sure the Lane thing was real until AU balked at $100 mill for 10 years. 

15 minutes ago, jknighton said:

IN MY UNPOPULAR OPINION...

I love Cadillac and appreciate everything he has done for Auburn University as a player, running back coach, interim head coach and ambassador, but he may the most underwhelming running backs coach since the 80's. Eddie Gran was a better running backs coach. Curtis Luper is a better running backs coach. Tim Horton was arguably a better running backs coach than Caddy.

If Caddy stays, I'll be okay with it. If he goes, I genuinely wish him the very best.

I’m not really sure how you judge a RB coach? I just think of recruiting and the players performance. The RBs seem to be doing well to me but 🤷‍♂️ 

25 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I’m not really sure how you judge a RB coach? I just think of recruiting and the players performance. The RBs seem to be doing well to me but 🤷‍♂️ 

Since Cadillac was hired we have signed *Tank (I put an asterisk because Garner was listed as his primary recruiter), Hunter, Alston and Cobb. Those are all good backs, but one would assume a legend like Cadillac Williams could get the best backs in Alabama possibly Georgia. 

Production wise I'll cut him some slack since he was dealt an immediate bad hand with Gus not recruiting O-linemen and Harsin not recruiting period, but he's only had 1 year with a 1000 yard rusher since he's been here and even the pathetic offense in 2012 created a 1000 yard rusher.

Screenshot_20240104_221453_Chrome.jpg

Edited by jknighton

3 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Production wise I'll cut him some slack since he was dealt an immediate bad hand with Gus not recruiting O-linemen and Harsin not recruiting period, but he hasn't had a 1000 yard rusher since he's been here

Tank had over 1000 yards in 2021. First back to get 1000k rushing yards since Kerryon Johnson did it in 2017.

• Thanks 1

Just now, agent_jack said:

Tank had over 1000 yards in 2021. First back to get 1000k rushing yards since Kerryon Johnson did it in 2017.

My fault I missed 2021.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Caddy has proven himself as a recruiter.

Strongly disagree 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Since Cadillac was hired we have signed *Tank (I put an asterisk because Garner was listed as his primary recruiter), Hunter, Alston and Cobb. Those are all good backs, but one would assume a legend like Cadillac Williams could get the best backs in Alabama possibly Georgia. 

Production wise I'll cut him some slack since he was dealt an immediate bad hand with Gus not recruiting O-linemen and Harsin not recruiting period, but he's only had 1 year with a 1000 yard rusher since he's been here and even the pathetic offense in 2012 created a 1000 yard rusher.

Screenshot_20240104_221453_Chrome.jpg

Yeah to be fair the oline has range from garbage to average over the last several years. I think we have 3 very talented backs right now. Just my opine. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Strongly disagree 

Care to opine?   I have no strong opinion either way but apparently you do. 

2 hours ago, NCAubs said:

Care to opine?   I have no strong opinion either way but apparently you do. 

First off, I love Caddy, I think he has a role at AU.  However, Look at his list of recruits.

IMG_8232.png

FTR, He also is credited for Tank but I couldn't get it to fit. 

Caddy is good for 1 RB a year and he's listed as secondary on Damari and Cobb.

Wedin and Joiner are attributed because he was interim HC when they were committed.

We need more from the one coaching position with the least amount of actual  coaching

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

First off, I love Caddy, I think he has a role at AU.  However, Look at his list of recruits.

IMG_8232.png

FTR, He also is credited for Tank but I couldn't get it to fit. 

Caddy is good for 1 RB a year and he's listed as secondary on Damari and Cobb.

Wedin and Joiner are attributed because he was interim HC when they were committed.

We need more from the one coaching position with the least amount of actual  coaching

This kind of feels like the Caddy rumors are true. 

I'm surprised you feel that way about him. I feel like the RBs he's brought in are all strong. 

1 hour ago, cbo said:

This kind of feels like the Caddy rumors are true. 

I'm surprised you feel that way about him. I feel like the RBs he's brought in are all strong. 

First, I haven't heard any of the caddy rumors, I've been a little out of pocket the last few days. 

Secondly, I 100% agree they're strong, but he's not carrying the weight required by that position, IMO. 

Compare him to previous RB coaches we've had. 

Larry Porter

https://247sports.com/coach/larry-porter-622/alltimerecruits/

Tim Horton

https://247sports.com/coach/tim-horton-277/alltimerecruits/

Eddie Gran

https://247sports.com/coach/eddie-gran-40/alltimerecruits/

Notice how many positions outside of RB they landed. It's not a personal issue. I love Caddy, but I also understand we are failing from that position and can upgrade our recruiting. 

I'm just saying if it were up to me, I'd be considering a change because of the issue I presented.  I also think expanding the umbrella you learn under is paramount to growth in this industry. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

First, I haven't heard any of the caddy rumors, I've been a little out of pocket the last few days. 

Secondly, I 100% agree they're strong, but he's not carrying the weight required by that position, IMO. 

Compare him to previous RB coaches we've had. 

Larry Porter

https://247sports.com/coach/larry-porter-622/alltimerecruits/

Tim Horton

https://247sports.com/coach/tim-horton-277/alltimerecruits/

Eddie Gran

https://247sports.com/coach/eddie-gran-40/alltimerecruits/

Notice how many positions outside of RB they landed. It's not a personal issue. I love Caddy, but I also understand we are failing from that position and can upgrade our recruiting. 

I'm just saying if it were up to me, I'd be considering a change because of the issue I presented.  I also think expanding the umbrella you learn under is paramount. 

I see where you're coming from. 

I like Caddy, of course, and everything he has done for Auburn. I like that he has kept his position group stocked. I still feel like Tank could have been a star with a decent O-line. 

But I haven't thought about his other recruiting contributions. I will in the morning because I gotta go to sleep!

You're one of very few that I can catch up late at night. I hope your son is doing well. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U need to fly up to the nest. All the insiders are caucusing up there as we speak.

I've thought about it. 

58 minutes ago, cbo said:

You're one of very few that I can catch up late at night. I hope your son is doing well. 

It's quiet and peaceful overnight. Thanks for asking. 

• Like 4