Will we see more staff changes?

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

First, I haven't heard any of the caddy rumors, I've been a little out of pocket the last few days. 

Hope it’s been your choice and not anything else. 

Thanks for swooping in and giving your opinion on Caddy. Sensible points made and certainly another reason that seems to show we have the right HC. There’s a lot that’s been tossed around since the bowl game, some is probably warranted, but this is a timed chess match with players coming and going and then a Yahtzee game on the side trying to get the correct mix of coaching and recruiting. Appreciate you settling some of this at least in my opinion. I still believe we’re in good hands and I do think we’ll see improvement next season. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

First off, I love Caddy, I think he has a role at AU.  However, Look at his list of recruits.

IMG_8232.png

FTR, He also is credited for Tank but I couldn't get it to fit. 

Caddy is good for 1 RB a year and he's listed as secondary on Damari and Cobb.

Wedin and Joiner are attributed because he was interim HC when they were committed.

We need more from the one coaching position with the least amount of actual  coaching

Gotta feel like it shortens HF leash a bit if he kicks Caddy out.

Dude is a big fan favorite. Remember last year there were people clamoring for Caddy to get the HC job. A dude with 0 HC experience. A dude who said he was outta his depth at HC at a big school and not ready for it. 

Still people wanted to see it just cause he's so loved at Auburn. You fire a guy like that and it better be cause you got a world class replacement, not the 'spot opened for my buddy' type hire.

15 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Gotta feel like it shortens HF leash a bit if he kicks Caddy out.

Dude is a big fan favorite. Remember last year there were people clamoring for Caddy to get the HC job. A dude with 0 HC experience. A dude who said he was outta his depth at HC at a big school and not ready for it. 

Still people wanted to see it just cause he's so loved at Auburn. You fire a guy like that and it better be cause you got a world class replacement, not the 'spot opened for my buddy' type hire.

Unless he finds a better position for his career and chooses to take it.  It would be tough PR no matter though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Unless he finds a better position for his career and chooses to take it.  It would be tough PR no matter though. 

Some can remember Pat Sullivan and his coaching career as an example.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U need to fly up to the nest. All the insiders are caucusing up there as we speak.

@NWALA Tiger Not really and that's not even the reason or idea of the Nest as Red has said many times. The reason for the Nest is for poeople to donate to the site for their appreciation of the site and to help with the expenses of having & running the site. The added benefit for members is it's a release & get away from the sometimes sheer insanity of the main boards.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Some can remember Pat Sullivan and his coaching career as an example.

Didn't Pat leave Auburn to become the head coach at TCU? I don't see a comparison to Caddy being shown the door.

5 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

@Chaotic_zx This shouldn't surprise people. Bird has expressed this opinion a number of times. He and I argued over it a couple years ago.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@NWALA Tiger Not really and that's not even the reason or idea of the Nest as Red has said many times. The reason for the Nest is for poeople to donate to the site for their appreciation of the site and to help with the expenses of having & running the site. The added benefit for members is it's a release & get away from the sometimes sheer insanity of the main boards.

So are u saying there aren't conversations in the nest that aren't shared on the general forum?  Ive been told several times by different posters that things are discussed in the nest that the general forum isn't privy to. Not a big deal to me either way, just going off what I've been told

Edited by NWALA Tiger

28 minutes ago, LAtoAU said:

Other than Caddy, who are the other possibilities? 

Someone mentioned TRob as a rumor. Charles Kelly is already at Auburn. It only makes sense for TRob to be hired if Zach Etheridge moves on. Some alluded to people on both sides of the ball having to move on. Which tracks with the previous thought process. The picture being painted to me if this is true then it is a measure to solidify staff cohesion. I don't necessarily disagree with that but hate that some good coaches are going to be let go.

I really don't want to hear/read stories about Freeze being undermined by Zach or Caddy. It hurts to think of Travis Williams undermining Malzahn in that manner. I held him in the highest regard.

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So are u saying there aren't conversations in the nest that aren't shared on the general forum? IF do, ABW disagree with u. If been told several times by different posters that things are discussed in the nest that the general forum isn't privy to

I have no actual way of knowing facts but I assumed that the general boards were given obscured information while the Nest is unobscured. 

Jlee stated on the call in show that Alvin Henderson would sign with Auburn if Caddy was still at Auburn. I found the comment strange and JLee, Cole, nor JHead went into that statement. Then days later I read here that Caddy is rumored to be getting let go and some people are thinking it has to happen. I really want some clarification on that. If I can help out the site and not have to decipher riddles and vague comments then all the better. That is why I have been thinking about donating. 

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Has Kelly been officially announced? I’ve missed it if he has.

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That's what I'm wondering 

It is being reported in a multitude of places. 24/7, ESPN, and SI so I assume it is official. I haven't seen anything from Auburn yet though. 

38 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

It is being reported in a multitude of places. 24/7, ESPN, and SI so I assume it is official. I haven't seen anything from Auburn yet though. 

I’ve seen the other reports of him being hired, but that’s the official part I was refferring to, an announcement from Auburn.

Edited by PigskinPat

17 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I’ve seen the other reports of him being hired, but that’s the official part I was refferring to, an announcement from Auburn.

The official announcements were delayed on several of Freeze’s initial hires as well. Not sure why.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

From what I’m hearing from a friend of mine, Montgomery isn’t exactly safe either.

That would make more sense than some of the other names that are being mentioned in this thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So are u saying there aren't conversations in the nest that aren't shared on the general forum? 

@NWALA Tiger No. Just saying it wasm't nor isn't the reason for the nest. Nor is it a major feature of the nest. For the most part, the nest is the same conversations that's on the main board without some of the insanity of the main board.

Ive been told several times by different posters that things are discussed in the nest that the general forum isn't privy to.

Yes but again, not the main feature of the board.

Not a big deal to me either way, just going off what I've been told

Cool. If you wanna know then donate.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Cool. If you wanna know then donate.

In other words…

5WJeaVBJgrAzCpFHUE.webp

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

have no actual way of knowing facts but I assumed that the general boards were given obscured information while the Nest is unobscured.

@Chaotic_zx Occassionally but for the most part it's discussions about the same tweets and public info minus the sometimes craziness of the main boards.

2 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Jlee stated on the call in show that Alvin Henderson would sign with Auburn if Caddy was still at Auburn. I found the comment strange and JLee, Cole, nor JHead went into that statement. Then days later I read here that Caddy is rumored to be getting let go and some people are thinking it has to happen. I really want some clarification on that. If I can help out the site and not have to decipher riddles and vague comments then all the better. That is why I have been thinking about donating. 

Unfortunately we don't have that answer for you in the nest. It's just as cloudy in there on Caddy.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Chaotic_zx Occassionally but for the most part it's discussions about the same tweets and public info minus the sometimes craziness of the main boards.

Unfortunately we don't have that answer for you in the nest. It's just as cloudy in there on Caddy.

From what tea leaves I've read. Info is locked down right now. Sources aren't saying anything about coaches or transfers.  This leads me to believe that negotiating is going on with portal targets including  QB

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

From what I’m hearing from a friend of mine, Montgomery isn’t exactly safe either.

sounds like your friend knew what he was talking about

• Like 1