Jarquez Hunter…

Zeek

will be running it back!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Interesting that it appears we are not losing any of the stable of backs.  I like it. 

Usually if they do it's to follow the coach they like.

Can't follow Caddy back to his house though...

• Haha 2

Just now, Mims44 said:

Usually if they do it's to follow the coach they like.

Can't follow Caddy back to his house though...

True but Battie also was leaving and decided to stay.  

Auburn RB Jarquez Hunter returning for senior season

Jarquez Hunter will return for his senior year

Nathan King66 mins

Auburn's running game is getting its best player back in 2024.

Rising senior running back Jarquez Hunter will return for his senior year in favor of the NFL draft, the program announced on social media Friday afternoon.

"There's something about this place, this team, this staff that's truly special," Hunter said. "I can't thank Auburn enough for what it has done for me. So with that being said, let's run it back, Auburn family. War damn eagle."

A former 3-star recruit from Mississippi, Hunter bided his time behind Tank Bigsby for two seasons, rushing for 1,263 yards and 10 touchdowns. He then had 909 as Auburn's leading rusher in 2023, with seven touchdowns.

With Hunter's production as the team's top back, Auburn was the SEC's No. 4 team in total rushing and No. 5 in yards per carry.

Even with position coach Cadillac Williams gone after he resigned from the staff Thursday, Auburn is now set to return every scholarship running back in 2024: Hunter, Damari Alston, Jeremiah Cobb and even Brian Battie, who entered the portal earlier this month but withdrew this week.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Even with position coach Cadillac Williams gone after he resigned from the staff Thursday, Auburn is now set to return every scholarship running back in 2024: Hunter, Damari Alston, Jeremiah Cobb and even Brian Battie, who entered the portal earlier this month but withdrew this week.

For the life of me I don't see what Battie brings to the table. I'd rather Cobb get Battie's carries, seeing as how Cobb's potential appears to be much higher.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Zeek said:

will be running it back!

is he coming back because his nfl numbers were not high enough or he really wants to show his love?

18 hours ago, CCTAU said:

New RB coach may light a fire under him. 

I like this post . Hunter needs this. An unbiased approach to our backs and play the best ones. Really fuel the competition . I would say :

1.alston 

2. cobb

3. hunter .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CCTAU said:

New RB coach may light a fire under him. 

Speaking of which, can we get an update on who we're going after if Nix did turn us down?

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

For the life of me I don't see what Battie brings to the table. I'd rather Cobb get Battie's carries, seeing as how Cobb's potential appears to be much higher.

He's not taking anything meaningful. 50 carries over 13 games this season. 

And tended to do decent on those few chances. However with the better/bigger backs now a year older it's possible Battie won't even see 50 carries in '24. May just be used to return... or in case of injury.