2024 3* Bama CB Transfer Antonio Kite Commits To AU!

HAPvsOA

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Auburn fans always think coaches have secret plans like they’re 2 steps ahead or something when that’s not really the case. Freeze admitted himself he was struggling in the portal. He said out loud what we already knew but it’s good to see we got a potential contributor now.

Hopefully he becomes a really good player for us because I liked this guys tape coming out of HS

I suspect Freeze is not a good fast talking salesman.  He is a relationship guy.    

He has never met  lot of these top portal guys.   I think that top players Hugh has already (recently) recruited but choose another school will look at AU much more seriously when entering the portal  than top players CHF has never met that are in the portal.

If so, we may start seeing familiar names in the portal choosing AU in the next year or 2. 

• Like 3

Yep

hugh is recruiting high school talent for now and those same kids - who don’t chose Auburn - as portal guys later.  Albeit NIL will have a big influence.

I think it was one of the Auburn Live guys who pointed out that there was no overlap in top 10 HS recruiting teams and top 10 TP recruiting teams. 🤷‍♂️

On 1/17/2024 at 7:09 PM, e808 said:

In actuality Saban retiring has probably created the biggest domino affect.

It was always going to be this way…the post-Saban domino effect. AU just had to be ascending in recruiting (instead of the massive descension under the previous POS).

This is why I told folks here to be patient after the crap 2023 season as it meant little to nothing moving forward.

The pendulum has finally swung back in our favor and it’s time to put the boot in their neck.

• Love 2

Not dissing on Kite. Welcome to the AU Family young man.

But ya know, Bama has already lost 13 portal transfers, including 5 star OL and 5 star DB, both of which started this past year and are high on our want list, plus a flock of other 4 star guys. They are going to Texas, UGA, A&M, etc. 

Ya know, we could definitely have used some of those guys. Just sayin'!

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

But ya know, Bama has already lost 13 portal transfers, including 5 star OL and 5 star DB, both of which started this past year and are high on our want list, plus a flock of other 4 star guys. They are going to Texas, UGA, A&M, etc. 

Our NIL may have been mostly spent out on the high school guys?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Our NIL may have been mostly spent out on the high school guys?

Yep and as long as Ryan Williams remains a possibility the NIL has to be there to follow through if needed. 

16 hours ago, AURex said:

Four-star offensive lineman Dontrell Glover decommitted from Alabama on Tuesday. Glover had been committed to the Crimson Tide since April 13, 2023, but he reopened his recruitment after Nick Sabam retired.

Glover visited Auburn on Saturday and enjoyed his time on the Plains.

“Today, it was great. I felt more of the environment,” Glover told Auburn Undercover’s Christian Clemente. “I came to the basketball game and it had good vibes. It showed that the University loves their school, the students, the staff, it was a good time being down here.”

While offensive line coach Jake Thornton is leading Auburn’s push for the Fairburn, Georgia product, safety Terrance Love played his high school football with Glover and gives Auburn another important connection.

Glover is the No. 169 overall player and No. 10 interior offensive linemen in the 247Sports composite ranking. He is also the No. 24 player from Georgia.

5 hours ago, Viper said:

Four-star offensive lineman Dontrell Glover decommitted from Alabama on Tuesday. Glover had been committed to the Crimson Tide since April 13, 2023, but he reopened his recruitment after Nick Sabam retired.

Glover visited Auburn on Saturday and enjoyed his time on the Plains.

“Today, it was great. I felt more of the environment,” Glover told Auburn Undercover’s Christian Clemente. “I came to the basketball game and it had good vibes. It showed that the University loves their school, the students, the staff, it was a good time being down here.”

While offensive line coach Jake Thornton is leading Auburn’s push for the Fairburn, Georgia product, safety Terrance Love played his high school football with Glover and gives Auburn another important connection.

Glover is the No. 169 overall player and No. 10 interior offensive linemen in the 247Sports composite ranking. He is also the No. 24 player from Georgia.

So there's a glimmer of hope for the good guys? I sure hope so!