2024 3* Bama CB Transfer Antonio Kite Commits To AU!

HAPvsOA

Auburn lands commitment from former Alabama DB Antonio Kite

Kite reunites with Charles Kelly, who recruited him to Alabama.

Auburn has another addition on the way to its secondary — and it’s a Charles Kelly special.

Antonio Kite, a former Top247 prospect who spent his last two seasons at Alabama, has announced his transfer to Auburn. Kite arrives at Auburn as a redshirt sophomore with three years of eligibility.

A strength of the defense in 2023, Auburn lost safeties Jaylin Simpson and Zion Puckett and cornerbacks D.J. James and Nehemiah Pritchett to the NFL Draft. On Monday Auburn added former Texas safety Jerrin Thompson to shore up that position, while Kite arrives to fill in the cornerback spot.

Originally out of Anniston (Ala.), Kite was ranked by 247Sports as the No. 227 player, No. 10 athlete and No. 11 player from Alabama in the 2022 class. The industry-generated 247Sports Composite had Kite as the No. 167 player, No. 8 athlete and No. 9 player from Alabama. He was originally recruited by Kelly when he was on staff at Alabama, entering the transfer portal after Nick Saban’s retirement.

Playing in two games in 2022, Kite redshirted as a freshman and did not record a stat. He appeared in seven games — mostly on special teams — in 2023 and did not record a stat.

Kite is addition No. 9 for Auburn through the transfer portal, you can track all of the Tigers' movement in the portal HERE.

I hope all the people crying about CHF and the transfer portal will finally come around . It was constant ranting for two weeks, but it sure looks like CHF had a plan all along.

• Like 5

• Like 4
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think most that were ranting were using Freezes own words. Things would probably go smoother all around if he was wiser with his own comments. IMO of course 

Right ? lol. Of course this is overlooked. Also, we got some sharks starting with Kelly and then Nix (now). That certainly helps. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Great stat. I don’t think many understand how rare it is for a player to transfer from Bama to Auburn. 

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I hope all the people crying about CHF and the transfer portal will finally come around . It was constant ranting for two weeks, but it sure looks like CHF had a plan all along.

CCK laid the ground work for this transfer. Not Freeze. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome news. We need to establish a pipeline from Tuscaloosa for the next few years. 😅

• Haha 3

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* Bama CB Transfer Antonio Kite Commits To AU!
1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

CCK laid the ground work for this transfer. Not Freeze. 

Freeze hired Kelly and around around we go…

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I think most that were ranting were using Freezes own words. Things would probably go smoother all around if he was wiser with his own comments. IMO of course 

In actuality Saban retiring has probably created the biggest domino affect.

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Don’t know a smoke screen when you see it. The old don’t look at me, I’m don’t know what I’m doing 

Edited by Tigger1985
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

If Feeeze’s plan was for Saban to shock the college football world and retire unexpectedly setting off this mass exit for everyone to poach, then well done Mr. Freeze! 

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

This instance, "In MOST Opinions"

16 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

If Feeeze’s plan was for Saban to shock the college football world and retire unexpectedly setting off this mass exit for everyone to poach, then well done Mr. Freeze! 

Well so far we have poached all of… one.

6 hours ago, toddc said:

The reality is we've signed zero immediate difference makers. Which we desperately need.

We are currently 39th in the team portal rankings. We haven't upgraded the most important position on the team, which could use some upgrading. Makes no sense for a team with a talent deficit and a coach whose primary strength is recruiting. 

We have signed some nice depth pieces and a couple possible starters. 

I'm interested to see if we sign any other Bama players. This a rare opportunity, with real talent hemorrhaging in our back yard. We need to take advantage. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

The reality is we've signed zero immediate difference makers. Which we desperately need.

We are currently 39th in the team portal rankings. We haven't upgraded the most important position on the team, which could use some upgrading. Makes no sense for a team with a talent deficit and a coach whose primary strength is recruiting. 

We have signed some nice depth pieces and a couple possible starters. 

I'm interested to see if we sign any other Bama players. This a rare opportunity, with real talent hemorrhaging in our back yard. We need to take advantage. 

Yep I'm happy about this move, but it in a vacuum isn't a power move. They've had some bigger names that were even bigger needs that appear to already be eaten up...waiting for the inevitable Milroe transfer now (I would personally take him over Thorne if we can't get ANYONE else) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Auburn fans always think coaches have secret plans like they’re 2 steps ahead or something when that’s not really the case. Freeze admitted himself he was struggling in the portal. He said out loud what we already knew but it’s good to see we got a potential contributor now.

Hopefully he becomes a really good player for us because I liked this guys tape coming out of HS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2