I Was Hoping DeSantis Would Make a Serious Run

He should have made some serious money. After all, he managed to spend over $150 million.  In Iowa alone, his spending amounted to almost $1,500 per vote received. 

28 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He should have made some serious money. After all, he managed to spend over $150 million.  In Iowa alone, his spending amounted to almost $1,500 per vote received. 

What are you trying to say?   Just say it.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

What are you trying to say?   Just say it.

It isn't just DeSantis.  Running can be a very profitable undertaking.  Unlike local politics, candidates on the national level amass huge funding hauls by way of PACs that they direct.  They pay themselves and friends and family for everything imaginable. I'm certain Chris Christie did well and the same could be said of Democrats that ran in 2020.  That is the only point I was making. 

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

It isn't just DeSantis.  Running can be a very profitable undertaking.  Unlike local politics, candidates on the national level amass huge funding hauls by way of PACs that they direct.  They pay themselves and friends and family for everything imaginable. I'm certain Chris Christie did well and the same could be said of Democrats that ran in 2020.  That is the only point I was making. 

I would hope these people were there to apply for a job.  It is unfortunate that increased wealth is part of running for public office.  I almost sound like Ichy.

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would hope these people were there to apply for a job.  It is unfortunate that increased wealth is part of running for public office.  I almost sound like Ichy.

It’s amazing how he fizzled. He was the hottest name in the gop 14 months ago.  Persona always matters, but in the maga led gop - which is all about anger, in your face showmanship, and bad boy worship - it’s all that matters.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s amazing how he fizzled. He was the hottest name in the gop 14 months ago.  Persona always matters, but in the maga led gop - which is all about anger, in your face showmanship, and bad boy worship - it’s all that matters.

Well, he did try to position himself as "Trump without the (legal) baggage". 

So eliminate the indictments. So what?  You still can't compete with Trump in those things that really "matter". ;D

Hell, to MAGAs, Trump's violation of laws is a feature

Edited by homersapien

The DeSantis campaign was done for months ago. He's just been using this extra time to tour the country on his donors dime while he ignores his responsibilities in Florida. 

Haley has a slightly higher chance than 0% of winning the nomination, but not much above that. 

Donald Trump is going to easily win the Republican nomination unless he either dies first or gets put in jail. 

This is disappointing. I was a DeSantis guy. Here's hoping Haley can somehow win the nomination. If required to do so I will vote for Trump vs. Biden but that's a long way from my preferred field of candidates.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is disappointing. I was a DeSantis guy. Here's hoping Haley can somehow win the nomination. If required to do so I will vote for Trump vs. Biden but that's a long way from my preferred field of candidates.

I support Haley as well.  What I notice about the pure Trump supporters is that it’s always about Biden. Damn I wish they’d just fess up and admit it’s pure man lust. Trump could be running against one of the apostles and it wouldn’t matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

And yet you’ll ultimately award the guy who’s tactics did him in:

I don't care who it rewards. I will do my best to defeat the bumbling, anti-American fool who currently occupies the Presidency.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't care who it rewards. I will do my best to defeat the bumbling, anti-American fool who currently occupies the Presidency.

Trump or bust, Amiright?

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Trump or bust, Amiright?

No, you are wrong. It's anybody but Biden, who in my opinion is the worst president in American history.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, you are wrong. It's anybody but Biden, who in my opinion is the worst president in American history.

I don’t know how to tell you this, but while you were in that coma from January 2017- to January 2021, someone has access to your forum account and posted almost daily.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t know how to tell you this, but while you were in that coma from January 2017- to January 2021, someone has access to your forum account and posted almost daily.

I was banned from the political forums during that period, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 1