Men vs Miss State Game Thread

7 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Well this game and last pretty much indicates where we are in the SEC. Middle of the pack team

They tried to tell us.

• Like 1

Idk the answer but this has become the typical Bruce Pearl coached team. This seems to come out sooner or later the last few seasons. Ugly ugly basketball, totally disjointed offense. Poor shooting. It's as predictable as a bammer yelling row tahd. Hopefully they won't fall too far off the cliff and get it together. Holloway being a 5* is laughable at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, fishepa said:

Kind of matches the way our team plays. 

I think you're going to find that a lot of teams in this league are going to play way better at home than on the road.  It's happened a lot already.  Tennessee lost by 5 to this same MSU team in Starkville then stomped Alabama by 20 in Knoxville.  Kentucky stomped MSU in Lexington then got demolished by SC in Columbia.

Get used to it.

• Like 1

The narrative of our deep bench wearing teams down hasn’t aged well this week and Halloway has become so unreliable hes becoming a liability.

• Like 2

State deserved that one. 

You may not be able to teach a team to shoot, but by God you can teach them to rebound. 

That's pathetic. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

And from the way we’ve played we don’t need to be either 

Maybe be 24th but Auburn will be the biggest mover in the poll

I feel like if our team represented a NBA player, it would be Paul George.  Great defense and a streaky offensive scorer.  When we are off, we are off.  

The jorgedeux fella looks like a genius for his Jaylin take. Jaylin plays Jaylin ball, he just got more efficient playing that passive ball, when playing against nobodies. Now we’re playing real games, back to being Sideshow Bob. 

100% complete no doubt FAILURE of a 2-game road trip to prove our national ranking was correct.

We are not a top 25 team.  And that is all on Pearl's failure to identify and recruit good shooters.

I love Pearl, but he has not succeeded in recruiting the most important thing in the modern game: 3-point shooters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

They tried to tell us.

Yep we always gotta prove em right when they doubt us. So frustrating 

• Like 1

When these guys fall behind they panic and just start chucking ill advised threes, which makes it worse. Broome is almost unstoppable. Just feed him the ball inside instead of lobbing unneeded desperation threes. 

• Like 1

Two of the issues could be fixed rather easily which is take care of the ball and rebound. If u give me no points but play defense , no turnovers and 10 plus rebounds I can live with that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

The narrative of our deep bench wearing teams down hasn’t aged well this week and Halloway has become so unreliable hes becoming a liability.

We haven’t actually been that deep over the last couple years and Bruce refuses to adjust. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

State deserved that one. 

You may not be able to teach a team to shoot, but by God you can teach them to rebound. 

That's pathetic. 

The little things my man. Best take so far

Would a different coach get better focused effort out of this team?  Bruce's teams have always played hard, but lately they seem to lose focus more than other teams we play against.   I am not saying we need a new coach, just wondering if people think someone else would do better with the same players.

3 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Idk the answer but this has become the typical Bruce Pearl coached team. This seems to come out sooner or later the last few seasons. Ugly ugly basketball, totally disjointed offense. Poor shooting. It's as predictable as a bammer yelling row tahd. Hopefully they won't fall too far off the cliff and get it together. Holloway being a 5* is laughable at this point.

Completely agree. Holloway definitely isn’t a 5*. Very disappointed in him. So happy to see Tre start today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I think you're going to find that a lot of teams in this league are going to play way better at home than on the road.  It's happened a lot already.  Tennessee lost by 5 to this same MSU team in Starkville then stomped Alabama by 20 in Knoxville.  Kentucky stomped MSU in Lexington then got demolished by SC in Columbia.

Get used to it.

Beyond how correct you are, it's such a horrible basketball mindset to have.  Nobody wants to get used to that. The effort was a 2 out of 10. 

Die Hard is playing on AMC...might as well watch someone win against the bad guys, when AU basketball can't.

• Haha 1

I knew we lost when state got that free throw rebound that hit the floor and put it back in. Such a lack of effort. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Get used to it.

The only sure thing that most will get used to is your petulant excuse-making. 

Sometimes I get the impression that if Bruce took a s*** at mid-court, you'd say the architect put the restroom in the wrong spot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Die Hard is playing on AMC...might as well watch someone win against the bad guys, when AU basketball can't.

Welcome to the party, pal...

• Like 1

Just now, AUfan3333 said:

Completely agree. Holloway definitely isn’t a 5*. Very disappointed in him. So happy to see Tre start today. 

Halloway may be shariffe cooper part 2. Undersized athletic point guard that can’t reliably shoot. Cooper found out that the nba doesn’t have a lot of use for that.

• Like 1