Men vs Miss State Game Thread

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

Holloway is like a lot of great high school players: naturally better than most high school players.

But he isn't in high school anymore.  Rather, he is now pitted against players who can challenge him, maybe for the first time in his life.  And he isn't responding well.

i agree. but he played in all kinds of special deals when all the best players and he balled. i think he just needs more time. by the way if you like bruce in diehard go find blind date and watch it. it is off the rails funny.WILDLY funny.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You do your share of replying to posts you disagree with spouting an air of pious condescension, yet if you get what you’re giving, you pull the vacation form out.  

Here’s a thought..let’s both do better. 

I think this is a bit of deflection.  I made some general remarks at our tendency as a fanbase to lurch between elation and dark depression game to game.  Some of us are masters at overreaction.

I didn't take a direct shot at you.  You decided to get more personal.  I rightly told you to back off or get some down time and I stand by it.  I don't care if you disagree with me and have fun with the debate as everyone agreeing all the time is super boring.  But the escalation was unnecessary.

type faster guys......dang

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I think this is a bit of deflection.  I made some general remarks at our tendency as a fanbase to lurch between elation and dark depression game to game.  Some of us are masters at overreaction.

I didn't take a direct shot at you.  You decided to get more personal.  I rightly told you to back off or get some down time and I stand by it.  I don't care if you disagree with me and have fun with the debate as everyone agreeing all the time is super boring.  But the escalation was unnecessary.

Thank you sir! May I have another? 😂

Ok, TT, you win…

vandy up by seven with a minute left in the first half. do they suck?

Just now, aubiefifty said:

vandy up by seven with a minute left in the first half. do they suck?

Yes, fitty, they suck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Thank you sir! May I have another? 😂

Ok, TT, you win…

i feel your pain . i feel your strain. i like you more than your wife  does so try not to get banned?  grins

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Haha 1

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Yes, fitty, they suck.

are you saying I suck buster?   lol

I for one can’t wait to see Alabama win yet another SEC championship. Just awesome! 

• Haha 4
  • Dislike 1

i had to edit my post swamp i left an important word out. apologies.

• Like 1

damn i get in the mood to talk and i just kill the threads as per usual.

5 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

This post game thread may be worse than the game 

how dare you! i resemble that remark!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I'm not suggesting we need a new coach, never said that. I'm suggesting that he deserves criticism and outward criticism for not lighting a fire under his teams ass enough to even play like they want to win. 

I never said those championships are unacceptable. But winning does not and should not absolve a coach from getting maximum effort out of his players or putting them in the best situations to be successful. 

As for the football program, I gave up on it being that great a long time ago. I feel like people are more delusional about our football program than anything else.

Great post!!!!

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

from earlier 

there was turmoil last year in the locker room that hurt us.; i hope it is not rearing its ugly head again.

It's really no reason to go crazy we are in the same boat we've been in.... We need a smart PG. We have a guy but he's a true freshman, we all knew he will have to learn on the fly.

This just shows the importance of recruiting. You need to hit on your PG like you hit with a QB in football. We made mistakes on which PG to recruit and we have been paying for that. We have to hope Aden grows up quick but truth be told the tourney is going to be brand new to him. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's really no reason to go crazy we are in the same boat we've been in.... We need a smart PG. We have a guy but he's a true freshman, we all knew he will have to learn on the fly.

This just shows the importance of recruiting. You need to hit on your PG like you hit with a QB in football. We made mistakes on which PG to recruit and we have been paying for that. We have to hope Aden grows up quick but truth be told the tourney is going to be brand new to him. 

why is denver jones not shooting more? i thought he would be tearing it up.

And it's not about guard shooting, it's decision making. Poise, tempo.  

Just now, aubiefifty said:

why is denver jones not shooting more? i thought he would be tearing it up.

Some guys just don't play the same when that talent level gets harder. It's all about self confidence. You have guys who raise their level and some guys who lose their nerve.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

there was turmoil last year in the locker room that hurt us.; i hope it is not rearing its ugly head again.

What were the team rules violations that caused a different starting lineup?

Could explain some of the poor play and attitude 

Just now, TigerOne said:

What were the team rules violations that caused a different starting lineup?

Could explain some of the poor play and attitude 

i am just thinking out loud. i am just a fan but i think a player or two said there was alot of problems behind the scenes last year.