Men vs Miss State Game Thread

1 hour ago, e808 said:

CBP said the guards should shot less. Shouldn’t this have be relayed two games ago.  That’s why u use the timeouts to reign the team in.

Not sure if there are some locker room issue. Aden committed a team violation and was the reason he didn’t start. Apparently it was Denver’s second team violation. Sounds like someone needs to take the lead in the locker room and say we not having this stuff.

I know the G’s are young but there does appear to be a leader on the floor most of the time

you’d think KD would be that guy but he seems to be in his own world

I will say that Broome has surprised me this year … dude is playing hard & IMO has improved his overall game 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e808 said:

CBP said the guards should shot less. Shouldn’t this have be relayed two games ago.  That’s why u use the timeouts to reign the team in.

Not sure if there are some locker room issue. Aden committed a team violation and was the reason he didn’t start. Apparently it was Denver’s second team violation. Sounds like someone needs to take the lead in the locker room and say we not having this stuff.

Signs of off the court issues. Poor attitude,  effort , even Coach Pearls post game comments seemed to have a strange tone. Maybe reading more into than it is but seems something has changed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Signs of off the court issues. Poor attitude,  effort , even Coach Pearls post game comments seemed to have a strange tone. Maybe reading more into than it is but seems something has changed.

I imagine it’s rough off the court right now with a couple of players getting held out for “violation of team rules” which forced the coaches to shift the game plan and lineup.  Then we saw with our own eyes the loafing, lazy and poor effort on the court vs msu. Then we hear the after-game locker room language ummm colorful.  Bruce is again faced with managing attitudes and reigning in his players to get them focused and heading in the same direction.

Ego’s and attitudes have no place on this team, and it’s sad but a coach has to walk on egg shells with players these days due to the portal/NIL environment.  I don’t envy these +$5MM/yr coaches and the road blocks placed on them relative to fan expectations.  Its a tough job.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nthemix said:

we’ll beat bama by 15+ at home 

I like your confidence, and is probably correct, but..Auburn has issues that need to be corrected quickly. These next two games are perfect to do just that.