Auburn Has Officially Signed with Nike

CR

The rivals podcast says Nike and UA are the leaders and Adidas is a distant third. UA offering more money but Bruce is pushing (wisely I think) for Nike. They think Nike leads. Hope it works out this way.

Update: It's Official

Auburn Announces 10 Year Deal with Nike

https://auburntigers.com/news/2024/4/9/general-auburn-announces-10-year-deal-with-nike.aspxFrom Auburn Athletic Director John Cohen: 

"We are excited to enter this new partnership with Nike, a brand that consistently champions athletes and sport around the world. We are appreciative of their strong support throughout this process. We believe that our 10-year agreement, beginning in July 2025, will continue to elevate Auburn and best serve our student-athletes and our university moving forward."

"We are also grateful to Kevin Plank and Under Armour for their 18 years of valued partnership in growing the Auburn brand and serving our student athletes, coaches, and fans. We look forward to the opportunity to celebrate this relationship throughout the final year ahead."

• Like 3

UA is a mess right now. Interesting to see Adidas in the running. Doubt they can make a more compelling pitch than Nike. If they do, they backed up some serious truckloads of cash! 

2 hours ago, CR said:

The rivals podcast says Nike and UA are the leaders and Adidas is a distant third. UA offering more money but Bruce is pushing(wisely I think) for Nike. They think Nike leads. Hope it works out this way.

Not a NIKE fan but I hope it ends up with them.  Business!

• Like 5

I know it’s a different sport, but have yall seen the Nike MLB uniforms? Goodness gracious. Absolute trash. 

I stand by my belief that Nike is garbage. Don’t care if the kids like it. 

• Like 8

I actually like Nike far more than any other, I think UA blew a chance to really excel in the apparel space by investing too much in sneakers to try and compete with adidas and nike….bottom line UA shoes are flawed in design and performance (outside of cleats) but IMO they had better performance apparel than the other two….anyway we can always bring back Russell Athletic 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Love 1

16 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Lululemon or No bull . Best gear out there

Lol. We'll have best yoga pant warm up suits around!

I was thinking sketchers light up cleats, so we can sync them with the 4th qtr light show

• Haha 2

On 2/22/2024 at 12:43 PM, woodford said:

I know it’s a different sport, but have yall seen the Nike MLB uniforms? Goodness gracious. Absolute trash. 

I stand by my belief that Nike is garbage. Don’t care if the kids like it. 

The MLB players are complaining about the new Nike baseball pants because they're too thin. You can literally see through the new pants and there were plenty of examples shown. During photoshoots recently, you could see tags and labels on the players briefs/sliding shorts that were under the new pants. Nike is claiming it was a lighting issue during photoshoots causing the pants to look like they're see through. The teams are complaining that there aren't enough of the new Nike uniforms to go around so alot of guys are having to use old pants from last season. 

If Nike decides to stick with these new uniforms, I predict that some unhappy player is going to go "Commando" before his first at bat just to prove a point to Nike. Could you imagine opening week and the primetime MLB game is on ESPN. Acuna, Aaron Judge or any other big star goes down into the clubhouse right before their first at bat and they take off their underwear and just wear the new, thin pants. They come to the plate and then as soon as the camera zooms in, BANG, the entire viewing audience gets a glimpse of why they really call it a "stick and balls" sport. 😳

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Haha 1

Pulling for UA.  Don’t like anything about Nike.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoAU said:

Pulling for UA.  Don’t like anything about Nike.  

You may as well find you another school to root for. let me help you out South Carolina, Utah, Notre Dame, Wisconsin that should (just do it)  lol..

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, eaglenest said:

You may as well find you another school to root for. let me help you out South Carolina, Utah, Notre Dame, Wisconsin that should (just do it)  lol..

Just because I prefer Under Armor?   I’ve got enough Under Armour Auburn gear to last a long while even if we do switch to Nike.  

On 2/22/2024 at 9:07 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Lululemon or No bull . Best gear out there

It would definitely work for the female sports. I've got to say that it would be a great idea in that scenario. 

But maybe not so much for the male sports.

giphy.gif giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GoAU said:

Just because I prefer Under Armor?   I’ve got enough Under Armour Auburn gear to last a long while even if we do switch to Nike.  

4 hours ago, GoAU said:

👍

• 2 weeks later...

JLee stated on the Sunday call_in show that he expects Auburn to go with Nike apparel and Jumpman shoes. He said he would be shocked it didn't happen that way. Went on to say that Auburn football doesn't have a strong feeling about it but Bruce Pearl does.

Meaning Nike uniforms and Air Jordan shoes. If it happens I cannot see a bigger winner here than Auburn basketball.

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chaotic_zx said:

JLee stated on the Sunday call_in show that he expects Auburn to go with Nike apparel and Jumpman shoes. He said he would be shocked it didn't happen that way. Went on to say that Auburn football doesn't have a strong feeling about it but Bruce Pearl does.

Meaning Nike uniforms and Air Jordan shoes. If it happens I cannot see a bigger winner here than Auburn basketball.

Michael Jordan (I like him) is obviously one of the greatest players of all time but I don’t want another school hero’s silhouette on any AUBURN apparel. Bo Jackson ? Yes ! Can Newton? Maybe ? Charles Barkley ? Yes for basketball. Jordan ? No way in hell. We have a brand to protect. Every time I see Jordan’s image on FL & Michigan FB jerseys I just think ….wow …..they sold out. Stay true to our Auburn brand and our images. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Michael Jordan (I like him) is obviously one of the greatest players of all time but I don’t want another school hero’s silhouette on any AUBURN apparel. Bo Jackson ? Yes ! Can Newton? Maybe ? Charles Barkley ? Yes for basketball. Jordan ? No way in hell. We have a brand to protect. Every time I see Jordan’s image on FL & Michigan FB jerseys I just think ….wow …..they sold out. Stay true to our Auburn brand and our images. 

If this means the continued difficulty in obtaining basketball talent are you ok with it? What if it means Bruce Pearl leaves Auburn for another school? These are serious questions in regards to Nike/Jumpman. From reports, it is a large sticking point for Bruce Pearl.

We aren't talking about a basketball Jordan logo on Auburn's football uniforms. We are talk about the ability of Auburn basketball players to wear Air Jordans instead of UA. From what I have gathered it means Nike football and basketball uniforms. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NCTiger1982 said:

None of those players you mentioned have a line with their logo and Nike sure isnt making one just for us. Its not selling out to go with the brand the overwhelming majority of top schools are already using rather than an amateur hour company like UA. AU has not benefitted in any way from a long partnership with UA and Ill be glad to see them hit the road.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This apparel deal is all about recruiting, especially in basketball. If you are not running Nike, you are at a disadvantage in BB recruiting. Same for T&F. As for FB, I don't think it is such a big issue. But I hope CBP gets his way on this, because otherwise he might be more inclined to leave.

JMO.

• Like 5

Uunder armor has had pushing 20 years to increase their profile such that it benefits Auburn beyond just the cash.  They didn’t.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Jordan’s image as a Chicago Bull not as a Tarheel.  Don’t see the issue with it, unless you are a devoted fan of another NBA team.  The Jumpman logo had nothing to do with UNC.  

Let me ask you this…would you take MJ or Barkley on your team if you had a pick and knowing all things?  I love AU, but I’m taking MJ all day every day.

1 hour ago, T1gerStripes said:

Jordan’s image as a Chicago Bull not as a Tarheel.  Don’t see the issue with it, unless you are a devoted fan of another NBA team.  The Jumpman logo had nothing to do with UNC.  

Let me ask you this…would you take MJ or Barkley on your team if you had a pick and knowing all things?  I love AU, but I’m taking MJ all day every day.

What has the Jordan brand done for Florida? let me ask you this, are you against Nike because of Tuscaloosa or because you don't like Nike? Labron has a brand, FLA a/m right now is his lone endorsement, I would take his brand over Jordan..

11 hours ago, AURex said:

This apparel deal is all about recruiting, especially in basketball. If you are not running Nike, you are at a disadvantage in BB recruiting. Same for T&F. As for FB, I don't think it is such a big issue. But I hope CBP gets his way on this, because otherwise he might be more inclined to leave.

JMO.

I thought I read a year ago that Butch Thompson said that under armour was affecting his ability to recruit better players because of the quality and designs of under armour. So, we know the softball team has been complaining about the shoes, the Nike affect is real, it matters in football too, just better over all quality and endless gear for the student athlete.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:41 PM, NCAubs said:

Not a NIKE fan but I hope it ends up with them.  Business!

Ditto, I do not like Nike, but it's best for the school at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1