Donaldson/ Aden/ Denver

could not play for me, what do they do? what do they bring to the table? they are scared to shoot the fricking ball. Donalson and Aden are starting the offense from half fricking court they do not attack the basket, what do they do beside dribble the flipping basketball. It's putting to much pressure on Broom to work inside because teams or not afraid of them going by somebody. they are playing scared because their game or skill set is trash! so, they in turn give the ball up if it not in transition they are handicapping this team... they have got to give some production. they are not power 5 guards, Bruce has got to do a better job finding some guards that can put pressure on the defense and make these crooked officials in the S E C make the calls......

I’m not going to trash them as blatantly, but you make some salient points.

• Like 1

I don’t think Denver is a PG.

For some reason he has never looked comfortable with the rock all year

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I don’t think Denver is a PG.

For some reason he has never looked comfortable with the rock all year

Not sure he was brought in to be PG, but somewhat forced into that role it seems.  Aden was a talented PG who could shoot but gets overtaken very easily (by taller defenders and rim demons)

11 hours ago, CCTAU said:

I’m not going to trash them as blatantly, but you make some salient points.

I know I went overboard here, but they have got to get more involved in the offense to help with spacing and flow to allowed for Broome to have one on one match up's. Donaldson should be working around the elbow especially with his body make up, the one thing about the game of basketball is that you have to play and play and play to develop your craft. Donaldson doesn't look like the guy who has been in the gym working!! I guarantee you that if one of the GUARDS step up points production wise somebody minutes will drop.

• Thanks 1

Aden was driving better when he was hitting some outside shots.  Now they are letting him fire away more.  He can't finish at the rim though.  It was obvious from his AAU film that he couldn't finish in this league without changing his shot around the goal.  The underhand scoop shot won't work long-term in the SEC.  Of course he will hit one every now and then but against good teams that is not working.  He has a lot of strength work to do in the offseason.  

Donaldson was playing better and was finishing better.  They said he had some nagging injury.  Maybe a hamstring?  He obviously isn't as explosive now as he was a few weeks ago.  He has worked hard in the gym during the offseason though. 

Denver is just getting emergency minutes and they are hoping for something to emerge.  I don't think it is going to happen.  Might as well give KD a shot.  He can out jump all of them.  

• Like 1

The ball handling/shot creation definitely hasn’t been at a championship level. They really had to get into their sets so late because UTk’s defenders would either blow up the ball handler or have the other guards that were supposed to come and get the ball locked down. 

They ran Chad as a quasi point forward last game, but that was just untenable with how ……… he played yday 

Might as well let Broome bring it down.  We could use him like the nuggets use the joker.  haha  

If they put a guard on him, he gives it up to take advantage of the mismatch elsewhere.  If the center covers him, then he can out maneuver them and at least get the offense going.  LOL - just a crazy thought on lunch break.