AU women- can they do it?

77-60, Tigers win! Beating a team projected as a 9 seed by 17 points has to have improved our chances significantly. I think one more win, be it at Florida or in the SEC tournament, would make us a lock.

• Like 5

Really just a good proof of concept season. Not great, but good! As someone who got to see the 2017 MBB squad build up culminate in that first ranking, then lead to real SEC contention, I would hope that’s the next step for the women too. 

• Like 1

Also great involvement from former players, steadily improving attendance, some nat’l TV spots, I feel like they’re getting the external stuff figured out as well 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Really just a good proof of concept season. Not great, but good! As someone who got to see the 2017 MBB squad build up culminate in that first ranking, then lead to real SEC contention, I would hope that’s the next step for the women too. 

We have slowly improved every year under Coach Harris. Now we just need that breakthrough season. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

We have slowly improved every year under Coach Harris. Now we just need that breakthrough season. 

Exactly!! They have been so close in many games they lost, so that gives me much hope for next year.

How is their recruiting going?

• Like 1

To my knowledge, they have only signed 2 high school seniors:

1. Jordan Hunter- is the top (or #2 depending on the source) high school girl in the state

2. Syriah Daniels- Marquis' daughter, who was a finalist for Miss Alabama in basketball last year. 

I hope that they can get some bigger bodies in the portal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/1/2024 at 2:47 PM, TD1 said:

To my knowledge, they have only signed 2 high school seniors:

1. Jordan Hunter- is the top (or #2 depending on the source) high school girl in the state

2. Syriah Daniels- Marquis' daughter, who was a finalist for Miss Alabama in basketball last year. 

I hope that they can get some bigger bodies in the portal

Both of those are solid players.  I officiated many of Jordan’s games.  Her mother was the coach at Hewitt and she is smart.  Syriah is also good.  I refereed one of her games this year.  Her brother is also a prospect to watch. 

• Thanks 2

On 2/29/2024 at 10:13 PM, arktiger1975 said:

The program needs more N I L initiative, we lost out on Rickea Jackson to UT, she wanted to come to Auburn coach Harris recruited her to MSU.

8 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

The program needs more N I L initiative, we lost out on Rickea Jackson to UT, she wanted to come to Auburn coach Harris recruited her to MSU.

You mean more ransom money 

3 hours ago, eaglenest said:

she wanted to come to Auburn 

I didn't know that. That would have been a huge addition!