Men vs. South Carolina Game Thread

Just now, NCAubs said:

Home versus neutral site.  

so now you are an expert?

Just now, NCAubs said:

Home versus neutral site.  

Oh hell naw it’s your fault. See I wanted a hundred but nooo you messed it up.

5 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I’m fine. I wasn’t the one swooping in and attacking everyone.

My wife’s a GameCock

Not everyone…

That other sentence explains a lot.  

Just now, aubiefifty said:

the horror. is she ugly?  i kid i kid...........grins

Nope...and she makes 2x my salary...not to mention, she proposed to me.  She is a winner and gets what she wants.  You would love her Fifty!  She loves her some Auburn too.  She nearly eent there.  She just wanted to be a lawyer... she even hilariously says Hey! at the end of Yay Alabama...she can't help herself...lol

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

USC shot 35% in that game but Paris says we won due to our shooting anomaly, nothing to do with our D. If our D deserves so little credit he needs to get on his shooters who are apparentky so unchallenged and still 35%.

USC losing now by 30 w/ 3 min remaining. 

Anomaly: The Sequel.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Great win.Let’s get it tomorrow.

Agreed. If I’m not mistaken, it’s AU’s first SEC tourney win since 19. Somehow, MSU beat TN and now we get them. I’ll give MSU credit, they split with us home and home and play a smothering D, which always affects AU. Plus, I think they just punched their ticket to the Dance with their two wins. I’m less concerned about our Big tourney seed than I am, seeing if we can put another good run together. We played very good on a neutral site, which is the whole tourney. Would be great to get to SEC championship game, but I’m very impressed with this win today. 

• Like 3

We are now "no worse than a 4 seed", according to the latest from Lunardi. I wonder if our win at home over MSU also changes to Quad 1 now, after their win over UT?

43 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

It's always nice winning two games in one day.

Mom's favorite saying was 'AU wins and the bama loses. What a great day!' My Mom was the most rabid AU fan I've ever known, save one. Both were females who never went to AU. My Dad was the AU grad, and loved AU. He rarely watched an Iron bowl with Mom. He would come to our house! 

• Like 1

Things to clean up. Minimize second chance points and need to make the free throws

20 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agreed. If I’m not mistaken, it’s AU’s first SEC tourney win since 19. Somehow, MSU beat TN and now we get them. I’ll give MSU credit, they split with us home and home and play a smothering D, which always affects AU. Plus, I think they just punched their ticket to the Dance with their two wins. I’m less concerned about our Big tourney seed than I am, seeing if we can put another good run together. We played very good on a neutral site, which is the whole tourney. Would be great to get to SEC championship game, but I’m very impressed with this win today. 

Depth should really come into play. State doesn't have much and it's their 3rd game in 3 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reminds me of 2019. This is where we got hot and made the run. Strong finish to season and SEC tournament.

• Like 2

I expect Tolu-Broome to still be a stalemate, as it's been previously, but with our PGs being more of an element offensively, plus a lot more reps with that Denver at PG lineup, I don't think Hubbard is much of a problem. I still don't think there's much our guys can do on D with him, but maybe we wear him out more with a real scoring punch. 

Cameron Matthews is the one that may give us some trouble. He got 21 boards in our 2 previous matchups and I don't think we did the best job of corralling the ball with our forwards today. They did tap it out quite a bit, which inflated some of our guards rebs numbers though. It was a real group effort rebounding night. 

49 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We have to wait so many hours. 

I'll be asleep by the end of that game.

Really enjoyed this win. Lived in the Columbia area for 40 years before moving last spring. I think Lamont should have spent more time on that film from the earlier anomaly.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I expect Tolu-Broome to still be a stalemate, as it's been previously, but with our PGs being more of an element offensively, plus a lot more reps with that Denver at PG lineup, I don't think Hubbard is much of a problem. I still don't think there's much our guys can do on D with him, but maybe we wear him out more with a real scoring punch. 

Cameron Matthews is the one that may give us some trouble. He got 21 boards in our 2 previous matchups and I don't think we did the best job of corralling the ball with our forwards today. They did tap it out quite a bit, which inflated some of our guards rebs numbers though. It was a real group effort rebounding night. 

I also hope (and really think) that playing their 3rd game in 3 days will start to get into their legs. Then hopefully our depth can take over.

• Like 1

Hopefully the refs will call charges against their big guy unlike today. They both just bulldoze in and push off.

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

It looks like a damn Kentucky home game in there!

I would like to see UK go down, except for 1 reason. I want them to serve as a buffer to lessen the likelihood of bama making the finals if they beat UF tonight. If I knew UF was definitely going to win that game, I would be for A & M.