***** Selection Sunday Thread *****

Wow, 5 in the NET rankings, SEC tournament winner and a 4 seed.  Oh well, we go in with a chip on our shoulder.  That's ridiculous, but so be it.

Yikes, as much of a good draw we got in the SECT, this seeding more than makes up for those good vibes and rams it up our Tiger rectums.

• Like 2

Every game will be challenging with all the unfamiliarity involved. Just gotta handle the team in front of u and control what u can

• Like 2

Kentucky as a 3 seed...

• Like 1

Welp looks like Quad 1 games carry heavy weight with the selection committee. What can u do. 

We still get hosed in the seeding.  Truly no respect.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ElkRiver said:

So the seedings were set before the SEC tournament I guess

Looks that way for other conferences, too.  FAU as an 8 seed means their loss to Temple meant nothing.  Winning a conference tournament seems to not mean a damn thing unless you actually have to win it to get in.

Florida is a bit lower at 7 than I thought.

Edited by SLAG-91

The  committee has completely devalued the SEC tournament. It did nothing for Auburn or Florida. Should the championship game be moved to Saturday or did away with. Unless someone from the SEC brass has a conversation with the committee 

• Like 5

We wound up in the same bracket as the #1 overall seed, didn't get a 3 seed, and have to fly halfway around the world for the first 2 games.

So, we win the SEC Championship by 19 and not only don’t move up in seeding, but we get put in the same region as the #1 overall team as well as the Big 12 and the Big 10 champions? Make it make sense.

• Like 2

They made these brackets last Wednesday and only moved bubbles.  It's one thing to be considered a 4 seed, but the worst 4 seed?  Must have let Lunardi decide it.  Why does Auburn always have to take the treacherous road to get there?  Such BS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Viperyou were right. I'm an absolute idiot and so is this dumb ass committee. 5 in net and win the sec tourney only to be rewarded as the 16th best team. 

At minimum since 2019 wherever u are before the SEC tournament it’s where u are on selection Sunday. Auburns first round exits didn’t have any affect on seedings 

• Like 1

This is Alabama AD doing lol

Terrible spot. Glad we won the tournament but more proof conference tournament results don’t matter. We get to go to Washington and play in number 1 overall bracket. 

If we find a way past UConn (which is probably the only team in this dang tourney I would call us a Longshot to win), we will win the whole damn thing. 

• Like 3

Virginia in the play-in...wow.

I believe those losses to KY at home and road to Moo State and Bama hurt. Win two of the three and u a 3 seed

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

The  committee has completely devalued the SEC tournament. It did nothing for Auburn or Florida. Should the championship game be moved to Saturday or did away with. Unless someone from the SEC brass has a conversation with the committee 

I would suggest that Sankey will be on the phone about just this, but the SEC cashcow UK brand got protected and promoted, so I doubt he’s gonna sweat it too much. 

• Like 1

Just now, SLAG-91 said:

Virginia in the play-in...wow.

Another reason the bracket already set.  They were out.  A chance for Indiana ST to make it in then?