NCAA Round 1 - AU vs Yale

Just now, Auburn93 said:

Uconn would get beat if they allowed Yale to play like that.

Take likely just played their best game of the season and are going to come in too juiced in the next game. I seriously doubt they make it past the next round. So I doubt we will get to see that UConn match up.

• Like 2

We looked like we just showed up and expected to win. Guess the charter flight back won’t be as fun as going out. Bruce pilots another early NCAA exit once again. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Oh well. Baseball team sucks, and I ain't holding my breath for football. 8 months of hell. Sports 2024 is officially over.

Take a Zoloft and a nap and come back tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

Poorly prepared and took Yale as an easy win.

Kentucky showed what could happen and no one paid attention 

Full team choke on free throws and bunnies but the refs were horrible. Broome should have fouled out Wolf 15 minutes earlier. we looked at them wrong and a foul was called.

• Like 3

Just need the rest of the sec teams to get beat especially uat . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Missed free throws, easy shots. Absolutely choked

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

C B M. You let everybody down son.  And Free Throws.   Free Throws.   Free Throws

It was turnovers more than anything. We had more turnovers in the second half than we've had in two games. And as for superior coaching, the same coach that coached the guys to not turn the ball over probably didn't coach them to commit turnovers in the tournament. Show some class. It sucks, but it is what it is. 

• Like 5

Just now, TigerOne said:

That may very well happen.

4 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Missed it at the end. Good game. Hopefully we get some point guards 

we desperately need a couple of spot up shooters … Bruce has got to recruit somebody that can shoot the 3 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

We looked like we just showed up and expected to win. Guess the charter flight back won’t be as fun as going out. Bruce pilots another early NCAA exit once again. 

Whatever Cal can do I can do it too

I'm so disappointed. Officiating was absolutely awful. However,  they did not miss the free throws and layups. I really like CBM and my hope is that he matures from this experience. 

• Like 2

Just now, TigerOne said:

At this point, who cares about the rest of the teams. My team is out. The only reason to care at this point is if your bracket isn’t totally busted. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

We are prone to playing like this.  And CBM is prone to being a hothead.

Can you imagine what Bruce told CBM before the game? "Hey, don't lose your cool out there".

Just a stupidly played (and coached) game.

Bruce should give a little bit of his salary back after this debacle.  And that's what it was: a debacle.

Well, to be fair, CBM and the other guy had probably been going at it all game up to that point.

.... all 2 minutes of the game. 🙄

• Like 1

Out played, out coaches, and got pushed around by an inferior team.  It was a matter of time before Chad did something that cost this team.  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

With our luck and today as an omen, UAT will probably win it all.

Just now, nthemix said:

we desperately need a couple of spot up shooters … Bruce has got to recruit somebody that can shoot the 3 

It's crazy. A ton of teams in the tourney seem to have them and we can't seem to get any.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nthemix said:

Let’s start with just foul shots

• Like 2

Our team mojo took a 180 as soon as CBM was ejected. We never looked the same after that. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

Well, to be fair, CBM and the other guy had probably been going at it all game up to that point.

.... all 2 minutes of the game. 🙄

Seems cbm picks out someone to fight with during a game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

With our luck and today as an omen, UAT will probably win it all.

They are capable, them or Tennessee 

Just now, thewhiz7 said:

I'm so disappointed. Officiating was absolutely awful. However,  they did not miss the free throws and layups. I really like CBM and my hope is that he matures from this experience. 

The only finger I point at officiating is the ejection. It should’ve been an F1, and in no way met the criteria for an ejection. That call was horse s***. CBM is one of our best players, so losing him absolutely affected the game. If he isn’t ejected, we probably win the game and advance. Other than that, the officiating was bad, but pretty equally so.

• Like 2

Terrible coaching job. Players need to score FTs but bad coaching job too. How do you get away from what you do good at? Speed the game up, play down hill, we played to Yale's game. 

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 3