I won't watch another minute of the tourney

53 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

We should not lose to Yale because we of  one player.   A top team sure, but an Ivy?  All I heard all year was about our depth advantage. We should have overwhelmed and rattled them into several big runs. Instead they hung around until we melted.

Was surprised Bruce said the team may have been fatigued a bit. They did look like it at times. Yale didn’t look tired at all.

10 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Was surprised Bruce said the team may have been fatigued a bit. They did look like it at times. Yale didn’t look tired at all.

He said that?  What a BS excuse.  Our players don't even play full games.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

We should not lose to Yale because we of  one player.   A top team sure, but an Ivy?  All I heard all year was about our depth advantage. We should have overwhelmed and rattled them into several big runs. Instead they hung around until we melted.

We were never deep or good on the perimeter. I stopped posting, but if people were on here saying KD, or Jones or whoever were better than anybody else's guards they were lying to you and I'm sorry I wasn't here to tell them they were lying to you. 

We are deep as far as the front court goes..... But no matter how good Broome may be he can't help you at point

You're right we shouldn't have loss though. We should have killed them on the offensive boards

Edited by cole256

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We were never deep or good on the perimeter. I stopped posting, but if people were on here saying KD, or Jones or whoever were better than anybody else's guards they were lying to you and I'm sorry I wasn't here to tell them they were lying to you. 

We are deep as far as the front court goes..... But no matter how good Broome may be he can't help you at point

Jabari and Kessler can vouch for that.

7 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I thought it was Yale players who were simultaneously taking the bar and writing Ph.D. dissertations on quantum physics after traveling from an even further time zone. I was feeling sorry for them being fatigued :laugh:

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

Q. You haven’t lost many games shooting better than 50 percent from the field. You guys shot 51 percent from the field. Can you characterize for us where you felt the difference in the game was and kind of what made this different for you?

BRUCE PEARL: I think our second half defense wasn’t as good. We didn’t turn ’em over as much. We succumbed to fatigue a little bit. They made a bunch of shots off of us, and we turned the ball over too much in the second half to win.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:53 PM, arktiger1975 said:

I won't watch another minute of the tourney

You were done after the UK loss. 

What are you? 12?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

We should not lose to Yale because of  one player.   A top team sure, but an Ivy?  All I heard all year was about our depth advantage. We should have overwhelmed and rattled them into several big runs. Instead they hung around until we melted.

Lack of close wins. I knew as soon as they took their last lead we were toast.

Our biggest fault in the game was not continuing to foul their 7’ guy out. Was obvious from our first possession it was our mission to. One play. One foul. I was fist-pumping that.

Then we went away from it. Even when we got #3 on him at the beginning of the 2nd half, they incredibly left him in and we stopped making it a priority to get him one on one. By far the biggest head scratching change of in-game strategy all season.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Lack of close wins. I knew as soon as they took their last lead we were toast.

Our biggest fault in the game was not continuing to foul their 7’ guy out. Was obvious from our first possession it was our mission to. One play. One foul. I was fist-pumping that.

Then we went away from it. Even when we got #3 on him at the beginning of the 2nd half, they incredibly left him in and we stopped making it a priority to get him one on one. By far the biggest head scratching change of in-game strategy all season.

Thanks, that was just dumb. Actually, I couldn't begin to tell anyone what exactly was our offensive game plan in the second half. 

On 3/23/2024 at 5:35 PM, aucat said:

kicking CBM out of the game in the first 3 min is the real reason!

It certainly didn’t help.

On 3/23/2024 at 9:27 AM, arktiger1975 said:

I've always believed that well coached teams win the games they are supposed to win. That is one thing I respect about Roy Williams. I don't think he lost but one first round game his entire career, and never to a much lower seed.

It’s been a few years or maybe I should say a few decades, but I can remember reading about Pittsburgh Steeler coach, Chuck Knoll during his playoff and Super Bowl runs. His record against teams .500 or below was something like 93-1. Again, this was in his heyday, but I mean the Guy just didn’t lose any games, he was supposed to win.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eagle-2 said:

Thanks, that was just dumb. Actually, I couldn't begin to tell anyone what exactly was our offensive game plan in the second half. 

Looked like it was a Tre takeover plan. He gets all the kudos in the SECCG for catching fire in the 2nd half. Guy was fire. He was the primary reason we dominated FL.

Hollaway was completely useless against Yale, so I loved the fact they left Tre in the majority of the game. But wayyyyyyy too much James Harden hero ball for Tre. He either dribbled till he found an opening at the arc or when forced to the paint, he dribbled waiting for the lob dunk and when it wasn’t there, he shot it. There was little to no passing by Tre. Yale dared him to play hero ball and he took the bait most every time.

Was not enough Broome and not enough Jaylin in the 2nd half. Tre needed to dump it down low to them every possession, both for points and/or to foul out their 7’ guy. He was perfectly ripe for the taking after foul #3 and in Dennis Green fashion, we let em off the hook.

And FWIW - I repeatably kept telling the TV throughout the entire game we need to stay glued to #4. He was fire early on and I knew he would be their go-to down the stretch. Had to force him off the arc.

Edited by Viper

On 3/24/2024 at 12:31 PM, fishepa said:

A bragging point the whole season was our experienced depth because Bruce plays so many guys and everyone gets quality minutes on the court.  So "fresh legs" were touted as our strong suit.