Baseball vs. Texas A&M

Game 1:

Need to get the bats going.

3-0 Texas A&M

It’s time for Butch to make some batting lineup changes. I would have Weiss, Irish, Maners, then Cooper. BP is struggling. May help him to move him down for a couple of weeks. 

Boom, Maners! 3-3 now. 

Aggies hitters are huge and mash. Hard to pitch against. 

20 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Boom, Maners! 3-3 now. 

Video evidence:

• Like 2

Hernandez starting to hit the past couple of weeks. Nice double. 

• Like 1

Went into the B6th tied 6-6. Gave up 3 walks and plunked two. Down 8-6 now. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Went into the B6th tied 6-6. Gave up 3 walks and plunked two. Down 8-6 now. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Just can’t stand prosperity. 

• Like 1

The Aggies get 3 runs on zero hits and no errors. You have to watch a lot of baseball to see an inning like that. Down 9-6 now. 

• Like 1

And that is how it ended:  9-7 A&M

45 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

One bad pitched inning.  Unreal.  

There were a couple of other things that bothered a lot tonight. Gabe got two guys thrown out at home vs Arky last week. Tonight, he has Javon at second base and Ike up with a 3-1 count. Tries to steal third and gets Javon thrown out. Inning over. Then 6th inning, Maners up with bases loaded no outs, Gabe tries to bunt him twice and he ends up striking out. Neither move smart in my opinion. 

On a positive note, both Standfield and Hernandez are starting to get going at the plate. Now we desperately need Peirce to get out of his slump. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

There were a couple of other things that bothered a lot tonight. Gabe got two guys thrown out at home vs Arky last week. Tonight, he has Javon at second base and Ike up with a 3-1 count. Tries to steal third and gets Javon thrown out. Inning over. Then 6th inning, Maners up with bases loaded no outs, Gabe tries to bunt him twice and he ends up striking out. Neither move smart in my opinion. 

On a positive note, both Standfield and Hernandez are starting to get going at the plate. Now we desperately need Peirce to get out of his slump. 

Hernandez has been snake-bit all year. Hit the ball hard several times but to the wrong place. Missed a HR, I think last week foul by about a foot.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs. Texas A&M

Three walks and two hit batters in one inning will lose it for you every time.

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thank you for all of the updates/miscues.  Wow…why would you bunt Maners in that situation?  He’s been killing the ball

• Like 1

We get close and they open up a 4 run lead:

10-4 A&M

I’m afraid this is going to be a very very long season. We need a significant upgrade in arm talent. Butch will have to be real creative this season to fix this team’s deficiencies. It wont be easier next year when OU and UT come into the SEC. 

• Like 2

Irish with a Grand Slam:

• Like 2

And that how it ends:  12-8 A&M

Yeah the pitching right now is just killing us. The schedule is brutal to boot. We could be really good at the end of the year but our record may not show it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, autigeremt said:

The schedule is brutal to boot.

I remain optimistic that one day our foes will see us as the brutal opponent in the schedule.