Tre Donaldson to Hit the Portal

20 hours ago, e808 said:

The university also spends way more money on Basketball and actually decided to take it seriously. U think that has a little something to do with it. In addition CBP is getting paid a top 5 salary. People aren’t going to be just content on getting to the tournament and ousted in the first weekend. Let alone lower seeds that have no business beating Auburn.  On top of that ur in state rival is starting to surge in basketball 

I don't think it has much to do with it. We built an arena and hired Barbee. It has to do with finding and GETTING a fantastic basketball coach. 

15 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I don't think it has much to do with it. We built an arena and hired Barbee. It has to do with finding and GETTING a fantastic basketball coach. 

We can agree to disagree on that. Look at how much Auburn paid Barbee Vs Bruce . Money and deciding the importance of something has everything to do with it IMO. Especially in the world of NIL u have to pay to play.

I will give u another example of taking things serious. The women’s team looks like they are on the cusp of breaking through. Maybe need about two more good players. How serious is are they about really wanting to turn the corner

Edited by e808

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Seems like it’s both to me. Having the right coach works hand in hand with having the proper facilities and economic leverage to make things happen. Both you guys are right lol. 

• Haha 1

Let's not forget that we didn't break the bank initially to hire BP. He's gotten a couple of raises for us to keep him. Now some think that was smart,  others obviously don't, but I believe BP has a buy out, also. So I for one hope AU doesn't start paying basketball coaches not to coach. We do enough of that in football.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Aden Holloway is in the portal now

And hopefully Tre will come back now.

3 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Should be some extra $$$ for him now 

Not sure there should be, but not my decision.  

Sounds like Tre’s transferring to University of Michigan. 

Apparently Aden Holloway may also end up at Michigan.  Per this article, he was recruited by them out of high school and he has family ties there - his grandfather played football for Michigan and his sister Mila is an incoming basketball signee...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/report-michigan-auburn-transfer-guard-aden-holloway-have-mutual-interest/ar-BB1llHUD

1 minute ago, Golden Eagle said:

Apparently Aden Holloway may also end up at Michigan.  Per this article, he was recruited by them out of high school and he has family ties there - his grandfather played football for Michigan and his sister Mila is an incoming basketball signee...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/report-michigan-auburn-transfer-guard-aden-holloway-have-mutual-interest/ar-BB1llHUD

I thought AH to Michigan was a done deal. 

Tre’s been CB’d there, but I wonder if some of these discussions were made without knowing what would happen with Aden

would certainly be interesting to see both play in blue together again lol. Would give me a reason to catch more B10 ball

Read that Aden may have Bama in his options. Any truth to that?

Wanna root for the kid but man that would be a slap in the face. 

56 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Read that Aden may have Bama in his options. Any truth to that?

Wanna root for the kid but man that would be a slap in the face. 

Why is that? 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Btw some of the same Twitter heads are insinuating Sears is gonna enter the portal. Seems like an overall win for the O&B if those two events occurred 

You're thinking that Sears would come to AU?

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

You're thinking that Sears would come to AU?

I don’t know if I believe any of this. Apparently Trilly Donovan, reputable CBB insider Twitter guy, said Aden will visit Bama. That I believe. I haven’t seen anyone worthwhile back the Sears theory, but I don’t know how we could fit Sears with having a locked in SG and a presumably locked in PG. 

it’s still better for Auburn as long as Mark isn’t playing for Bama though 

Pegues has already signed, so I would count him as locked in.

3 Guard lineup with CBM as the Stretch 4 and Chaney backing him up would be interesting.

1 hour ago, TIGERINATLANTA said:

Pegues has already signed, so I would count him as locked in.

3 Guard lineup with CBM as the Stretch 4 and Chaney backing him up would be interesting.

Locked in yes, but there’s no way they could get Sears without him starting and presumably the same would be of Pegues. I’ve done the thought exercise of a 3 guard lineup with guys from last season’s roster, and I think that even with an upgrade offensively, the defensive drop off that offers you is steep…

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Why is that? 

Are you seriously asking why is that a slap in the face if the kid ended up at bama!? Maaaaaaan Bishhhhh whhhhhhaaaaat!?!? 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Are you seriously asking why is that a slap in the face if the kid ended up at bama!? Maaaaaaan Bishhhhh whhhhhhaaaaat!?!? 

It shouldn’t be IMO. A. Bama is gonna likely get the kid right with their offensive pedigree and I want him to be that guy (Auburn had their chance) and B. Many Auburn fans weren’t exactly quiet about wanting a replacement. If you don’t feel any way about the guy leaving, don’t feel anything when he goes to your rival: 

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It shouldn’t be IMO. A. Bama is gonna likely get the kid right with their offensive pedigree and I want him to be that guy (Auburn had their chance) and B. Many Auburn fans weren’t exactly quiet about wanting a replacement. If you don’t feel any way about the guy leaving, don’t feel anything when he goes to your rival: 

It’s not like our offense wasn’t generating lots of wide open looks for the kid. It did. He just missed them. He’s still a good shooter even if he didn’t show it this season. He’s going to be good eventually at the college level and I hope it’s anywhere besides a sec team. Also don’t be ridiculous. It doesn’t matter the caliber of player we don’t want any of our players in any sport especially a former 5 star to end up there.

Edited by GwillMac6

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It’s not like our offense wasn’t generating lots of wide open looks for the kid. It did. He just missed them. He’s still a good shooter even if he didn’t show it this season. He’s going to be good eventually at the college level and I hope it’s anywhere besides a sec team. Also don’t be ridiculous. It doesn’t matter the caliber of player we don’t want any of our players in any sport especially a former 5 star to end up there.

It's ridiculous to want a guy that's one of your 10-15 best recruits ever out after his freshman season. Whatever you get after that is what you deserve. 

• Like 2