Tre Donaldson to Hit the Portal

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's ridiculous to want a guy that's one of your 10-15 best recruits ever out after his freshman season. Whatever you get after that is what you deserve. 

Who wanted him out? Fans were disappointed in him but wanted him to stay but that’s just how it is with these higher profile kids. If they don’t make an impact immediately they usually transfer. 

Based on the actual thread, it seems there was not too much love lost when he entered the portal. It seems fans would be happy he would go to the rival, based on the idea that he had not played up to his potential here, and they would be getting a downgrade.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

Based on the actual thread, it seems there was not too much love lost when he entered the portal. It seems fans would be happy he would go to the rival, based on the idea that he had not played up to his potential here, and they would be getting a downgrade.

EXACTLY! I don't know why this guy is gaslighting me like you can't go to the Holloway thread and see the posts lol. I'm not saying even the majority of Auburn fans deserve it, but it's dishonest to pretend like some Auburn fans didn't say don't let the door hit you on the way out lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

As for this thread 

Dusty May developed a few stud ball handlers recently, I'm interested to see how Tre looks as "the guy" for him 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

EXACTLY! I don't know why this guy is gaslighting me like you can't go to the Holloway thread and see the posts lol. I'm not saying even the majority of Auburn fans deserve it, but it's dishonest to pretend like some Auburn fans didn't say don't let the door hit you on the way out lol.

This guy!? After all these years I deserve better than that!!! I mean really bruh!? Surely you can see why folks would be upset if he went to a rival! The better question is why wouldn’t you be!? Literally anywhere but the sec. Like I said he’s eventually going to be a good college player. I rather it be far away. 

P.S. gaslighting!? Well I guess per usual you had to use 1 buzz word that is constantly overused in society these days!!! 😂😂

• Like 1

I was one that didn’t want to see Aden transfer. I wanted to see him develop into the stud that Bruce and coaches believed that he would be. If he goes to Alabama and succeeds, then that would definitely be a “slap in the face”.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I would have preferred Aden stayed at AU as well. There's no denying the kid had a rocky freshman season. If he had been a four star then he probably would have gotten a longer honeymoon. That McDonald's All-American label is a high bar.  I think his defense got better as the season progressed or at least his effort did. I'll be honest though, of all the places he could go it seems like a big middle finger to AU to give Coach Douchebag a visit.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Everyone gets disappointed to pissed when you lose, but some keyboard warriors can have a very sharp tongue. 
I wish Holloway had stayed and was puzzled by him leaving. I would really like to know what the real reason or reasons for his departure were.  I think his size limited his impact, but who knows what his sophomore year would have been like ? I thought his lack of size helped us not have a one and done McDonalds AA, but boy was I wrong. I wish him well. He seemed like a real good kid. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NCTiger1982 said:

I wish Holloway had stayed and was puzzled by him leaving.

He's a former McDonald's All-American. He had a very weak freshman year and actually got more playing time than he should have. In this day and time I expect any player who under performs to transfer out. That sort of lets him blame his prior school instead of putting the blame for poor performance on himself. Look around the country and you'll see this over and over.

• Like 6

Wish Tre would consider returning...i wonder if that is even on the table at this point. He'd fit in perfect for what we need at the guard position right now. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gravejd said:

Wish Tre would consider returning...i wonder if that is even on the table at this point. He'd fit in perfect for what we need at the guard position right now. 

Doesn’t seem like it is. He lied to our coaches. Said he was coming back earlier in the week and then later in the week abruptly entered the portal.

• Like 1

The comment that a McDonald's All American who has a shaky freshman year leaves so as to say the problem was the former school/coach is likely spot on. So, Tre leaving is the one I don't understand. He improved a ton & could continue to grow as a player, & he saw that Bruce would give him lots of playing time. But maybe he thought he should be handed the reins of the team & was pissed when we went after Pegues. Maybe Mays at Michigan was willing to give him that, or say he had an inside shot at it. What is clear to me is that coaching these guys is super hard. Last year Chance & Traore both left, though anyone watching could see that neither had earned significant playing time (& did y'all see that Traore is transferring again?). Now Aden & Tre are gone, though both played a lot despite the limitations both displayed. How does Bruce (or anyone) coach these guys to develop? How does the new unlimited transfer rule help these guys? And who wants to be Aden when he has to return to Neville next year?

• Like 2

They have a GORGEOUS jersey, I can't lie. Don't know how much I love Michigan's fanbase sometimes, but their gear always look quality. Can't wait to see how Tre looks like as a full time guy. HIs turnover rate could improve, but there's a lot of metrics I've heard of that graded him as one of the better backup PGs, so hopefully that stuff can expand as a starter 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Interesting that Michigan is also bringing in that 7' center from Yale -- Wolf. He will probably have some fun razzing Tre.

And Tre will be competing for playing time at PG with Justin Pippen, 6' 4" son of Scottie Pippen.

Good luck to Tre. Personally, I was hoping he'd stay at Auburn. He improved tremendously from first year to second, and I expected him to continue his maturation into a seasoned, excellent PG for Auburn.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

So he really left? Wow.

I’m bummed

i think he could have been a critical piece for us next year.  I just don’t get it

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m bummed

i think he could have been a critical piece for us next year.  I just don’t get it

💵 💵 💵