Aden Holloway hits the portal (4/20 Committed to UAT)

On 4/27/2024 at 8:18 AM, Viper said:

The numbers are the numbers.

There are three types of lies…

lies, damn lies and statistics.  

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2024 at 8:00 PM, GwillMac6 said:

O and for the record Bruce has had plenty of a track record of developing guards. Who’s the 2 players with the most 3 pointers in sec history!? Oh yah!! 2 Bruce pearl guards! Chris Lofton and Bryce Brown. Bruce has been developing and had good guard play since Nate oats was still a high school math teacher. I’m so sick of this narrative that Bruce doesn’t have successful guards. FFS Wendell Green even was all sec for him. Jared Harper was 2 time all sec. Okoro who played the 2 and 3 in Bruce’s system depending on the personel on the court was a top 5 nba draft pick. Samir who played mainly guard his senior year was our first first team all sec player since Marquis Daniel’s…

Being a system player and actually developing a skill set to be a guard are two different things

UConn beat people because of their depth and defense more than anything. 

Same thing I said and was hoping we would do in the tourney, nothing special on offense.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 11:06 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't even bother discussing it with him anymore lol. I can both begin and end a post with simply saying that I'm giving what feels like unbiased analysis on Alabama, and he seems to only be capable of reading "pro Alabama post means you're a Bammer". If that's how people feel, I let them feel like that. I don't see why I would bother posting on an Auburn forum for over a decade if I was an Alabama fan, BUT

Going at you for being objective and speaking factually as opposed to fan boying and making up stuff is hilarious.... But not surprising. Welcome to the club!

With Philon headed there, I daresay they have out recruited us. They will probably get the Cliff Omuri too. I daresay they have a stronger NIL program. 

Holloway will be awesome as a backup shooting guard. 

Edited by Auburn93
  • Like 2

I'll bet against Holloway any day. He may be a nice kid. I don't know him, but his game is awful. He may have the worst first step on a small guard that I can remember. He almost never gets his shoulders by a defender. Zero straight line explosion, which is also why he plays so far below the rim. Compared to guys like Harper or McCormick or even Cooper, Holloway lacks any explosiveness. That means he has to set up any kind of dribble threat with his shot, but he struggled all year with his release point and footwork. He couldn't handle guys in his lap, and no one backed off because he couldn't get by them.

Philon is a better player, but they didn't outrecruit us for Philon. He left after Wes left and when we landed Aden (at the time, no one knew he kinda sucks). He signed with KU. They recruited over him, and he left. Bama picked him up. By all accounts, we were more focused on a seasoned backup than a true freshman. It's a weird circumstance, but in this case, Bama landing a guy really had nothing to do with us. We weren't recruiting him at that point.

• Like 3