Aden Holloway hits the portal (4/20 Committed to UAT)

22 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

Maybe so.  I'll come back here and eat crow if someone posts a draft projection that has Sears going in the first round (by any site that doesn't have roll **** on the page).

There’s a sh*t ton of PGs in the draft, so won’t go 1st. IF Sears sticks to the draft, someone is going to get a steal in the 2nd round.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Viper said:

The “XYZ” comp has been Brunson, who’s averaging 28.7 PPG this season. Sears is 6’1”. Brunson and Steph Curry are 6’2”. How is that too small?

I could be completely wrong, but I believe Sears will make a big impact in the NBA before he’s done. He proved against UConn and everyone else he can score 20+ points on anyone.

And in the NBA, he will not be the number one scoring priority player for the opposing defense. I couldn't care less where he's drafted. He can score. He'll play in the NBA and make a ton of money. No matter what he decides this year.

• Like 1

Perhaps a Fatwah should be declared due to Bama’s incursion of the Auburn “no fly” zone.

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

unbiased analysis

That will get you banned around these parts my guy.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, e808 said:

Sears has already declared for the draft. I think his game is similar to Brunson 

I think he can still come back if he doesnt like his projection. In basketball, you can declare for the draft and keep eligibility. A lot of times it's more to see what you need to work on for the upcoming season

51 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I think he can still come back if he doesnt like his projection

He has until May 29th to decide. 

16 hours ago, Viper said:

The “XYZ” comp has been Brunson, who’s averaging 28.7 PPG this season. Sears is 6’1”. Brunson and Steph Curry are 6’2”. How is that too small?

I could be completely wrong, but I believe Sears will make a big impact in the NBA before he’s done. He proved against UConn and everyone else he can score 20+ points on anyone.

UConn is one thing. The NBA is another.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NCAubs said:

The funny thing is majority of those guys on UConn won’t make any formidable impact at the next level. Not to say Sears game won’t translate at the next level but it’s not so simple as that. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, arein0 said:

I think he can still come back if he doesnt like his projection. In basketball, you can declare for the draft and keep eligibility. A lot of times it's more to see what you need to work on for the upcoming season

Not sure why he would even entertain coming back outside of NiL. Based on what I have seen not sure what benefit it would be to stay. I can kind of understand Broome. Like continuing to show extended range and need to get better from the line

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, e808 said:

Not sure why he would even entertain coming back outside of NiL. 

If he's not expected to be drafted or a late 2nd round pick, it would be a huge benefit to come back. Get another year of NIL and free education.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

If he's not expected to be drafted or a late 2nd round pick, it would be a huge benefit to come back. Get another year of NIL and free education.

I think we can agree to disagree on the huge part. The only benefit is NIL. If he returns to Bama I don’t see how that improves his game. Even if he is late 2nd round developing in the league is more beneficial than college IMO

3 hours ago, NCAubs said:

Dude scored 24 points against arguably the GOAT college team. Are you insinuating bammer should have scheduled the Nuggets or Celtics to really gauge Sears’ value?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, e808 said:

I think we can agree to disagree on the huge part. The only benefit is NIL. If he returns to Bama I don’t see how that improves his game. Even if he is late 2nd round developing in the league is more beneficial than college IMO

bammer would pay him more to play one more year at uat than he would get playing in the Gatorade League on a two-way.  That's the benefit.  

Just now, keeperoftheplains said:

Is this sarcasm?  UConn 2024 the greatest college team of all time?

Who would most certainly beat them?

10 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

bammer would pay him more to play one more year at uat than he would get playing in the Gatorade League on a two-way.  That's the benefit.  

Again I said other than pay. Bama is no benefit to him if his goal is the NBA.  Strike while ur stock is high

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Who would most certainly beat them?

These conversations are never ending because the response is always "A team from 19XX would never compete with todays athletes".  I'll just say that there were teams in the past that were much more impressive against their competition than UConn this year.  Take your pick from one of Wooden's teams with Walton or Jabbar.  Smith's team with Jordan.  UNLV with Larry Johnson and on and on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

They did lose to Kansas, Creighton, Seton Hall...

4 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

These conversations are never ending because the response is always "A team from 19XX would never compete with todays athletes".  I'll just say that there were teams in the past that were much more impressive against their competition than UConn this year.  Take your pick from one of Wooden's teams with Walton or Jabbar.  Smith's team with Jordan.  UNLV with Larry Johnson and on and on.

2024 UConn owns the largest margin of victory in NCAA Tourney history. There is no fact, stat or player(s) from another historical team that can trump that fact. They own it. They are arguably the GOAT.

Edited by Viper
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Sears may not go 1st round probably won't but I think he is good enough to make an NBA team. I hope he goes NBA route. I don't want him to play against us again. I like him to much and he is a tough PG 

Probably a ceiling like Javon Carter, Tre Jones, those guards that don’t really get too many looks to score themselves, but they make the smart play, hustle, and can generally make an open shot even when coming off the bench cold. That would be my prediction 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Viper said:

2024 UConn owns the largest margin of victory in NCAA Tourney history. There is no fact, stat or player(s) from another historical team that can trump that fact. They own it. They are arguably the GOAT.

agreed

• Love 1

I wouldn’t have UConn as the best team personally, but when you rip squads apart as they did, you definitely deserve to be in the conversation. That Nova team with Donte, Hart, Brunson, Paschall (I’m realizing there’s two title winning teams they have that have these guys as I’m writing it), and I believe Mikal. That’s the best I’ve gotten to see

They also have the added benefit of having NBA players as part of their legacy. Remains to be seen what it looks  like for Conn

30 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I wouldn’t have UConn as the best team personally, but when you rip squads apart as they did, you definitely deserve to be in the conversation. That Nova team with Donte, Hart, Brunson, Paschall (I’m realizing there’s two title winning teams they have that have these guys as I’m writing it), and I believe Mikal. That’s the best I’ve gotten to see

They also have the added benefit of having NBA players as part of their legacy. Remains to be seen what it looks  like for Conn

I like that Duke team from 2000 to 2001.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Dude scored 24 points against arguably the GOAT college team. Are you insinuating bammer should have scheduled the Nuggets or Celtics to really gauge Sears’ value?

GOAT college team?   You lost all credibility with that.