Aden Holloway hits the portal (4/20 Committed to UAT)

What a Scumbag!  BP gave him a whole lot more opportunity than his performance on the court merited.

I hate this NIL garbage where a player can demand a whole bunch of money without even having played a single game & then when they get a chance to earn their money, they 

straight up lay an egg, and then it's everybody else's fault except for theirs that they didn't perform.

I hope he plays just as unimpressively for the turds as he did for us and gets benched.

Not out of spite, but to teach him a valuable life lesson.

• Like 4

if this were a trade scenario & the terms were AH to bama with Sears leaving ... I'd take it all day long

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

If AH stays at pg and Sears returns then he'll see the floor a lot less than he did at AU.

If Holloway plays with the same attitude at bammer as he did at Auburn, he'll be lucky to get garbage time in the last two minutes of blowouts.

• Like 3

Interesting that the guy in the video mentions Aden's off-the-court 'issues'...  You would think that his on-court (lack of) performance coupled with off-the-court issues might make prospective landing spots leery about taking him.  Wonder what kind of NIL deal he got?

20 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Interesting that the guy in the video mentions Aden's off-the-court 'issues'...  You would think that his on-court (lack of) performance coupled with off-the-court issues might make prospective landing spots leery about taking him.  Wonder what kind of NIL deal he got?

If he has off the court issues, he found the perfect landing spot in Thugville. 

4 hours ago, keeperoftheplains said:

It's a middle finger to BP.  I was a supporter of AH all year when many were dogging him (and deservedly for the most part).  However, there's no way to spin this.  Just a low, low character move.

I supported him to the end too. Only appropriate that he chose the turds, he certainly is one.

• Like 3

This message is approved by:

IMG_3721.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, keeperoftheplains said:

If AH stays at pg and Sears returns then he'll see the floor a lot less than he did at AU.

Considering that Sears played every single minute of the first AU/UA matchup, he’d get zero in that scenario. 

What’s the latest on Sears? Seems he’d be a fool not to leave. Is he not a projected 1st rounder?

After watching a lot of Holloway playing (every televised game), I never saw the lights come on for him.  His passing was mediocre, he got knocked around by every SEC opponent, he does not have great quickness, not a great leaper, did not shoot well under pressure, inadequate defense.  He's just not a fit for AU and Pearl or any other team that prefers physical play.  Physical teams like UT, Auburn, TAM, will shut him down.   The only thing he may do well at for UAT is shooting 3's from way out side the 3 point line.  For everything else, he is easy to defend and he's not on the same planet with Sears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Considering that Sears played every single minute of the first AU/UA matchup, he’d get zero in that scenario. 

What’s the latest on Sears? Seems he’d be a fool not to leave. Is he not a projected 1st rounder?

Sears has already declared for the draft. I think his game is similar to Brunson 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Sears is nowhere near the first round. He is small for the NBA and not super athletic. There's always someone that will say "well what about XYZ?".  I'm not saying that Sears can't make a roster in the NBA but no GM is going to spend first round money on him.  Sears might be the next Chris Paul but I really doubt it.

My guess is that Captain Douchebag will empty the bank to keep him at UAT.

18 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

Sears is nowhere near the first round. He is small for the NBA and not super athletic. There's always someone that will say "well what about XYZ?".  I'm not saying that Sears can't make a roster in the NBA but no GM is going to spend first round money on him.  Sears might be the next Chris Paul but I really doubt it.

This year's draft class is extremely weak. So when you combine that with the season he had, his draft stock is way higher this year than it ever will be.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

I would be paying him also if I were his coach.

Can we call it a trade and pay him to come to AU?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Sears has already declared for the draft. I think his game is similar to Brunson 

Yup Brunson has been the best comp. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't have much of a feeling for them now at this point, I disliked them more as a kid. I'm a general basketball fan and I believe you should be able to set aside allegiances and all that to just talk about the game. I would expect that out of anyone btw. 

Clearly, I'm in the minority, but it doesn't make sense to me that I can't give an unbiased POV on Aden's move (one that doesn't talk down or insult Auburn AT ALL btw). You already got enough people covering the "Aden is the worst person ever" and "Alabama is equal to terrorism" slant 

bama is instate terrorism. And no, I don’t capitalize the b or their a 

54 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

The “XYZ” comp has been Brunson, who’s averaging 28.7 PPG this season. Sears is 6’1”. Brunson and Steph Curry are 6’2”. How is that too small?

I could be completely wrong, but I believe Sears will make a big impact in the NBA before he’s done. He proved against UConn and everyone else he can score 20+ points on anyone.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Viper said:

The “XYZ” comp has been Brunson, who’s averaging 28.7 PPG this season. Sears is 6’1”. Brunson and Steph Curry are 6’2”. How is that too small?

I could be completely wrong, but I believe Sears will make a big impact in the NBA before he’s done. He proved against UConn and everyone else he can score 20+ points on anyone.

Maybe so.  I'll come back here and eat crow if someone posts a draft projection that has Sears going in the first round (by any site that doesn't have roll **** on the page).

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

I would be paying him also if I were his coach.

Can we call it a trade and pay him to come to AU?

I'd take that trade all day long.  Sears and Broome would be a buzzsaw.

• Like 1

Sears may not go 1st round probably won't but I think he is good enough to make an NBA team. I hope he goes NBA route. I don't want him to play against us again. I like him to much and he is a tough PG