Aden Holloway hits the portal (4/20 Committed to UAT)

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am begging you to please stop defending oats and bama. Like my God we get it. I promise you we do after the 84th time. Can you really not understand as you were asking why I’m chirping at you? We are sick of the constant love being displayed on a AU message board to our rivals. FFS. It’s nauseating. I don’t know why you see the need to always defend them any chance you get. It’s like you are obsessed with complimenting them at every turn…. 

What @Dual-Threat Rigby is saying isn't false. He doesn't have to stop sharing his viewpoint cause you don't like facing the truth just because it's our rival.

Can't handle critical viewpoints, still.

Grow up instead of poorly attempting to bully your viewpoint on to everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2024 at 7:21 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Don't know if Bama is the best place to get the mentality part of basketball right, but I do hope there's some maturation (as I would hope for most freshmen btw). Other than rumors that've already been laid out, the on-court confidence/body language definitely needs to be better 

Go ahead and just say those three, putrid words and be open and honest with everyone! Oh wait…….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

What @Dual-Threat Rigby is saying isn't false. He doesn't have to stop sharing his viewpoint cause you don't like facing the truth just because it's our rival.

Grow up instead of poorly attempting to bully your viewpoint on to everyone else.

He made his point. Over. And over. And over. It’s like we get it. It’s missionary. Just the same thing over and over every night with no change! 😂😂 

I nor others even disagree with his points. It’s constant regurgitation of those points on a AU message board. Comes across as a bama bball fanboy.  He and he’s not alone admit-tingly go out of their way to praise bama bball.  AU fans don’t want to see that constantly. We are just here to have fun. Barn hard and sunshine pump for the most part. The negativity towards the bball program is completely unjustified and Un warranted. I get folks being negative about AU football. It’s warranted. Not Bruce ball.

Edited by GwillMac6

For those wanting to know….UConn shot 25 3’s and Bama shot 23 3’s.   To say that the three is going away is silly talk.   Everyone is looking for 3 point shooters.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He made his point. Over. And over. And over. It’s like we get it. It’s missionary. Just the same thing over and over every night with no change! 😂😂 

I nor others even disagree with his points. It’s constant regurgitation of those points on a AU message board. Comes across as a bama bball fanboy.  He and he’s not alone admit-tingly go out of their way to praise bama bball.  AU fans don’t want to see that constantly. We are just here to have fun. Barn hard and sunshine pump for the most part. The negativity towards the bball program is completely unjustified and Un warranted. I get folks being negative about AU football. It’s warranted. Not Bruce ball.

Clearly, not everyone is here to just sunshine pump, I think therin lies some of the problem. Bruce made plenty of mistakes over the last few years that frustate many fans. He's been here like a decade, it's time to quit telling everyone to just be happy we just don't suck and actually make progress toward more sustained NCAA tourney success. 

Bama made a final four the year after getting a 1 seed. They should be getting praise. Do I like it? Not really. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Clearly, not everyone is here to just sunshine pump, I think therin lies some of the problem. Bruce made plenty of mistakes over the last few years that frustate many fans. He's been here like a decade, it's time to quit telling everyone to just be happy we just don't suck and actually make progress toward more sustained NCAA tourney success. 

Bama made a final four the year after getting a 1 seed. They should be getting praise. Do I like it? Not really. 

We won 27 games and a championship this year. It was a successful season. No matter how much certain fans try to make it seem like it wasn’t just because we got upset vs Yale.  The most fun and exciting season we’ve had under Bruce besides the final 4 season. We absolutely obliterated teams in 26 of our 27 victories.

I’m enjoying the ride Bruce has taken us on. I don’t base the state of the program and/or season just on tourney success. That’s just one piece of the puzzle. A lot of us don’t worry about what our rival has got going on but clearly there are a small few that are obsessed and bring it up any chance they get. I’m focused on AU.  And yes perspective needs to be had because just cause we are on a really good run of sustained bball success the past several years doesn’t mean we are a great bball program. We aren’t. We have a great coach. Not a great program. And it’s never more clear than what quality of recruit we can attract with our bball nil situation even with all our championships and 25 plus win seasons since 17/18. We can compete with anyone in recruiting in the country… for 1 recruit in our class. That’s why we almost always get a 5 star and McDonald’s all American a class. After that we have to recruit within the margins and depleted nil funds. It’s also why we don’t get the splashy power 5 transfers in the nil era and go after the mid major guys. At the end of the day I’m just enjoying the ride because our bball success is still equivalent to if vandy was winning conference titles in football. It’s a miracle. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

O and for the record Bruce has had plenty of a track record of developing guards. Who’s the 2 players with the most 3 pointers in sec history!? Oh yah!! 2 Bruce pearl guards! Chris Lofton and Bryce Brown. Bruce has been developing and had good guard play since Nate oats was still a high school math teacher. I’m so sick of this narrative that Bruce doesn’t have successful guards. FFS Wendell Green even was all sec for him. Jared Harper was 2 time all sec. Okoro who played the 2 and 3 in Bruce’s system depending on the personel on the court was a top 5 nba draft pick. Samir who played mainly guard his senior year was our first first team all sec player since Marquis Daniel’s…

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

We won 27 games and a championship this year. It was a successful season. No matter how much certain fans try to make it seem like it wasn’t just because we got upset vs Yale.  The most fun and exciting season we’ve had under Bruce besides the final 4 season. We absolutely obliterated teams in 26 of our 27 victories.

I’m enjoying the ride Bruce has taken us on. I don’t base the state of the program and/or season just on tourney success. That’s just one piece of the puzzle. A lot of us don’t worry about what our rival has got going on but clearly there are a small few that are obsessed and bring it up any chance they get. I’m focused on AU.  And yes perspective needs to be had because just cause we are on a really good run of sustained bball success the past several years doesn’t mean we are a great bball program. We aren’t. We have a great coach. Not a great program. And it’s never more clear than what quality of recruit we can attract with our bball nil situation even with all our championships and 25 plus win seasons since 17/18. We can compete with anyone in recruiting in the country… for 1 recruit in our class. That’s why we almost always get a 5 star and McDonald’s all American a class. After that we have to recruit within the margins and depleted nil funds. It’s also why we don’t get the splashy power 5 transfers in the nil era and go after the mid major guys. At the end of the day I’m just enjoying the ride because our bball success is still equivalent to if vandy was winning conference titles in football. It’s a miracle. 

I think its ok to base the success of the season based on your view. Im not going to bash people too much for choosing to ciew it like that.

I think it's also ok, especially at this juncture of Bruce's tenure, to start to judge based on the main goal of any program that claims to be a 'top 20 program'. Success in the tourney. No one can remember who won the SEC reg season or tourney title ten years from now without looking it up. But I can name plenty of magical elite 8 and final four runs of plenty of teams. People remember the tourney cause it's thr main goal of the season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

For those wanting to know….UConn shot 25 3’s and Bama shot 23 3’s.   To say that the three is going away is silly talk.   Everyone is looking for 3 point shooters.   

Yes they shot more, but uconns 3s were for the most part open 3s after getting the ball inside. Bamas were no pass or 1 pass shot. Also Bama's defensive strategy this year was to bait teams into shooting 3s so they could get the long rebound and out in transition.

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Yes big man who can also shoot outside and inside. Jokic is very hard to check because he can shoot from anywhere on the floor . Giannis wasn’t the greatest from the outside but have been improved over the years

Only 10% of Jokics makes are from 3 and less than 5% for Giannis. These guys make a living from inside and only shoot to keep defenders from collapsing the lane

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I think its ok to base the success of the season based on your view. Im not going to bash people too much for choosing to ciew it like that.

I think it's also ok, especially at this juncture of Bruce's tenure, to start to judge based on the main goal of any program that claims to be a 'top 20 program'. Success in the tourney. No one can remember who won the SEC reg season or tourney title ten years from now without looking it up. But I can name plenty of magical elite 8 and final four runs of plenty of teams. People remember the tourney cause it's thr main goal of the season.

You think AU fans will forget all our conference titles? I completely disagree. No fan of other teams or casual fans at the end of the day cares and or remembers if you get bounced in the first round or elite 8. Final 4’s and that’s it. I’m not going to remember this  year or the bari/kessler year for anything but the 2 championships we won in those years. Not the early exits.

all I’m saying is AU fans should not constantly go out of their way to talk glowingly about our rivals. Especially excessively after you already made your point. You think they would ever do the same thing for us? Absolutely not. Never. Ever. 

I hope he gets a degree and does great in life, but I’ll be hoping his basketball production is similar.

You don’t get to transfer to your rival, in one of the, if not the, biggest rivalries in all of college athletics and expect your previous fans to be supportive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

True. The difference is that if uat hadn't packed the inside against UConn, they would have been beaten just as bad on the inside. Also UConn plays D , and dang good D. Which helps explain the disparity in 3s. 

Conversely, if uat goes cold from outside in a game, they are losing. UConn is the closest thing to a great team in college ball this year. Because they were the most complete team. 

6 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

The main reason they went to the Final Four is that they played a. 12, a 13, a paper tiger 1 seed, and a 6 seed to get there. Credit to them for making it, but they were gifted an incredibly favorable draw. It's interesting that the teams that are winning it all have a more balanced approach. Oats' system reminds me so much of Chip Kelly's system 13-15 years ago. It was a novel system at the time. But they never got over the hump and won a championship. Then teams started figuring out how to slow it down, and Kelly became average. Same in the NBA. The teams that are winning big now use a more balanced approach. Mike D'antoni won a lot of games, but there is a reason he never won a championship.

Alot of Auburn fans quote that piece like they know of those teams deeper than the seed line. I don't know how good Charleston or Grand Canyon was, but I do know there's teams better (and worse) than their seed line. You can't discredit a F4 run, especially just based on seeding of the competition. This was the tournament where seeding was as criticized as any since I've been following CBB. 

"The teams that are winning it all" There's one team that's winning it all. That team is superior to everyone else by a country mile. A blue blood that has the best coach in the sport and has had at worst a top 10 roster has won it two years consecutively. The year before that, it was one of the most blue blood final fours you could draw up, and blue blood Kansas played blue blood UNC with two rosters loaded with top tier talent. What trend are you taking away from this other than blue bloods arereally good at college basketball? I wouldn't say that's particularly new. Again no offense, but the post is a series of tropes and surface level takes. Maybe Alabama, who runs one of the most NBA-adjacent schemes in CBB, will get caught up, even though they've had a top tier offense basically every year for a half decade, but I wouldn't bet on it until I see an adjustment. 

BTW, D'Antoni's Houston teams were incredible and played in the West at the same time as the most talented roster ever did. Suns got booted out of the offs by peak Spurs 3 times out of their 4 season stretch of incredible success. I don't know how much else needs to be said other than that 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I don't even bother discussing it with him anymore lol. I can both begin and end a post with simply saying that I'm giving what feels like unbiased analysis on Alabama, and he seems to only be capable of reading "pro Alabama post means you're a Bammer". If that's how people feel, I let them feel like that. I don't see why I would bother posting on an Auburn forum for over a decade if I was an Alabama fan, BUT

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't even bother discussing it with him anymore lol. I can both begin and end a post with simply saying that I'm giving what feels like unbiased analysis on Alabama, and he seems to only be capable of reading "pro Alabama post means you're a Bammer". If that's how people feel, I let them feel like that. I don't see why I would bother posting on an Auburn forum for over a decade if I was an Alabama fan, BUT

I know you went to Auburn. Mainly because I always give you s*** for refusing to go to hardly any home games during the Okoro season! 😂😂(you def shouldn’t of admitted that publicly!) but forreal it’s pretty apparent you didn’t grow up hating bama nor did you learn to. Did you grow up in a bama household? Maybe you even were one before you went to AU.  I know you are from the 251 and that is almost all bama fans. You just don’t seem to understand the rivalry and hate them like the rest of us in here do.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I know you went to Auburn. Mainly because I always give you s*** for refusing to go to hardly any home games during the Okoro years! 😂😂but forreal it’s pretty apparent you didn’t grow up hating bama nor did you learn to. Did you grow up oin a bama household? I know you are from the 251 and that is almost all bama fans.

I don't have much of a feeling for them now at this point, I disliked them more as a kid. I'm a general basketball fan and I believe you should be able to set aside allegiances and all that to just talk about the game. I would expect that out of anyone btw. 

Clearly, I'm in the minority, but it doesn't make sense to me that I can't give an unbiased POV on Aden's move (one that doesn't talk down or insult Auburn AT ALL btw). You already got enough people covering the "Aden is the worst person ever" and "Alabama is equal to terrorism" slant 

I loved this kid but bama? he has to know this will piss off Auburn fans. i hope he did it for the nil money.................

al.com

Alabama-Auburn hoops rivalry hotter than ever after Aden Holloway jumps to Tuscaloosa

Published: Apr. 22, 2024, 5:45 a.m.

~2 minutes

By

Kevin Scarbinsky | Special to AL.com

This is an opinion column.

When they write the history of the Auburn and Alabama basketball rivalry - top billing to the first Final Four program in the state - the most compelling character of the postmodern era may not be a one-and-done done good like Jabari Smith or Brandon Miller.

When they remake the 30 for 30 documentary “Roll Tide/War Eagle: The IBOB Strikes Back” - first mention to the program with the richer roundball resume - the most iconic figure may not be a charismatic, divisive, championship coach like Nate Oats or Bruce Pearl, equally adept at times of net-cutting and nut-cutting.

Instead the most interesting man in our little corner of the world from the pivotal year of 2024 may be a (so they say) 6-foot-1, 178-pound guard whose freshman season started with a bang against Baylor and ended with a bagel vs. Yale.

Take a bow, Aden Holloway. You have become a one-man line in the sand between the Jungle’s meme-muggin’ math majors and the Hangar’s hard-hat health scientists … between the AU Family and the UA BOGs … between major college basketball past and present in this state.

That is a five-star feat.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

i was never able to see what  she said so here it is in case you guys are more computer savy than me.............

It's a middle finger to BP.  I was a supporter of AH all year when many were dogging him (and deservedly for the most part).  However, there's no way to spin this.  Just a low, low character move.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

It's a middle finger to BP.  I was a supporter of AH all year when many were dogging him (and deservedly for the most part).  However, there's no way to spin this.  Just a low, low character move.

he had to have known what he was doing. maybe the turds brainwashed him or his parents stepped in? but if he balls out for the turds it will look bad for bruce and company. Not to me of course as i have seen a ton of players improve from being coached up. this is so weird. you have to wonder if it is personal.

His stats last season are all you need to look at.  He had plenty of minutes and took lots of shots.  He was not hampered by BP in the slightest. 

The reason(s) for his in-ability to succeed are all on him.  Pointing the finger at the coaches over this is really petty...

According to Hoke, Aden was third in shot attempts, second is usage and first in 3-point attempts (by 50!).  Additionally, he was 11th in FG%.  The stats speak for themselves.  This was all on him.    

• Like 5

If he plays at Bama the way he played at Auburn, he will be riding the bench a lot. Unlike CBP, Nate will not play a guy much who can't make outside shots or succeed at the basket. Actually, I'm surprised Nate even wanted him.

• Like 3