Aden Holloway hits the portal (4/20 Committed to UAT)

Q: What's the difference between UAT and ISIS?

A: There is no difference except that one group wraps towels around their waist after they shower and the other group doesn't shower and wraps towels around their heads.

• Haha 2

Since the NIL and transfer portal started I have become numb to what a young man might do. Some of is them some of it is family. Do what you gotta do or think what’s best. At this point it is what it is. I just try to keep in mind without knowing the conversation that the coach can in a round about way tell a player to hit the road . Just like a player to up and leave.

I am curious is to what Aden was told. Maybe he had selective listening or not hearing at all. I have a hard time believing the offense wouldn’t be anything but inside out with Broome in the post. Anything other than that wouldn’t make much sense IMO. Anyways Auburn BBall will be just fine

Q: What is the difference between UAT and ISIS?

A: One was previously coached by the GOAT and the other has sex with goats.

19 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

I know there's a good joke here, but I'll be damned if I can come up with it. 

Q: What's the difference between UAT and ISIS?

A: Not much. One is controlled by SABAN and the other is controlled by SATAN.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is great! I’m reading these responses and laughing out loud. Wife wants to know what’s so funny! She won’t understand.

Edited by Hopsing
Misspelled word
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I came back here just to say @GwillMac6is a claseless douchebag. Has been for a while. Glad to see he's still making friends. 

@Dual-Threat Rigby, if you say something GWill disagrees with strongly enough, he takes it like he's 3 and follows you everywhere you go on the board and harasses you to feed his vendetta. I know from personal experience. 

He signs on and posts "LFG babyyyyy" when auburn does well, but avoids the forum for days after a loss cause he can't handle the critical viewpoints. has the emotional intelligence of a middle schooler, like Texas said. He sounds like one of those idiot frat guys that peaked back in high school, can't get a better job than a home depot salesman, and comes on here to feel big about himself.

IMG_7732.gif

IMG_7731.gif

IMG_7407.gif

IMG_7179.gif

IMG_6749.gif

IMG_6638.gif

IMG_6595.gif

IMG_6572.jpeg

IMG_6518.gif

6 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I came back here just to say @GwillMac6is a claseless douchebag. Has been for a while. Glad to see he's still making friends. 

@Dual-Threat Rigby, if you say something GWill disagrees with strongly enough, he takes it like he's 3 and follows you everywhere you go on the board and harasses you to feed his vendetta. I know from personal experience. 

He signs on and posts "LFG babyyyyy" when auburn does well, but avoids the forum for days after a loss cause he can't handle the critical viewpoints. has the emotional intelligence of a middle schooler, like Texas said. He sounds like one of those idiot frat guys that peaked back in high school, can't get a better job than a home depot salesman, and comes on here to feel big about himself.

IMG_7778.gif

IMG_7779.gif

IMG_7780.gif

I absolutely love that none of our guys said anything public on social media about Aden to bama (besides KD who’s at George Mason now) but are very congratulatory of Tre to Michigan. It’s hilarious that Denver jones sister is absolutely lighting up Aden too! 😂😂

IMG_7781.png

IMG_7782.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

I think Aden wanted to go to the "stellar guard developer" so he can jack as many 3's as he wants and not play a lick of defense. Which fits his game perfectly. In all honesty, he probably felt like, with the addiction of Pegues, he was being recruited over. 

Eh, obviously I disagree. I don't see why you'd put that put in quotations; you can watch the guard performance he's had at Bama since taking over. And no offense, but if that was all Alabama did, they wouldn't be arguably the best program in this conference since the guy has got there. You definitely can't go to a Final 4 just jacking threes and not playing defense.

To avoid repeating myself too much; Bama should help him operate better in transition, simplify his reads, and allow him to play off the ball/play as a scoring guard. He's a project piece, but still obviously a ton of potential 

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Eh, obviously I disagree. I don't see why you'd put that put in quotations; you can watch the guard performance he's had at Bama since taking over. And no offense, but if that was all Alabama did, they wouldn't be arguably the best program in this conference since the guy has got there. You definitely can't go to a Final 4 just jacking threes and not playing defense.

To avoid repeating myself too much; Bama should help him operate better in transition, simplify his reads, and allow him to play off the ball/play as a scoring guard. He's a project piece, but still obviously a ton of potential 

I am begging you to please stop defending oats and bama. Like my God we get it. I promise you we do after the 84th time. Can you really not understand as you were asking why I’m chirping at you? We are sick of the constant love being displayed on a AU message board to our rivals. FFS. It’s nauseating. I don’t know why you see the need to always defend them any chance you get. It’s like you are obsessed with complimenting them at every turn…. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I absolutely love that none of our guys said anything public on social media about Aden to bama (besides KD who’s at George Mason now) but are very congratulatory of Tre to Michigan. It’s hilarious that Denver jones sister is absolutely lighting up Aden too! 😂😂

IMG_7781.png

IMG_7782.png

Broome, CBM, and Jaylin shared Aden's post on IG yesterday 

3 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Broome, CBM, and Jaylin shared Aden's post on IG yesterday 

If they did it’s not there anymore on their story! Love that they deleted it! Makes it even better fam!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The main reason they went to the Final Four is that they played a. 12, a 13, a paper tiger 1 seed, and a 6 seed to get there. Credit to them for making it, but they were gifted an incredibly favorable draw. It's interesting that the teams that are winning it all have a more balanced approach. Oats' system reminds me so much of Chip Kelly's system 13-15 years ago. It was a novel system at the time. But they never got over the hump and won a championship. Then teams started figuring out how to slow it down, and Kelly became average. Same in the NBA. The teams that are winning big now use a more balanced approach. Mike D'antoni won a lot of games, but there is a reason he never won a championship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

The main reason they went to the Final Four is that they played a. 12, a 13, a paper tiger 1 seed, and a 6 seed to get there. Credit to them for making it, but they were gifted an incredibly favorable draw. It's interesting that the teams that are winning it all have a more balanced approach. Oats' system reminds me so much of Chip Kelly's system 13-15 years ago. It was a novel system at the time. But they never got over the hump and won a championship. Then teams started figuring out how to slow it down, and Kelly became average. Same in the NBA. The teams that are winning big now use a more balanced approach. Mike D'antoni won a lot of games, but there is a reason he never won a championship.

Not sure about a more balanced approach in the NBA . Everything is still played on the perimeter. GSW took D’Antoni approach and upgraded it with even better snipers. The same this year with the Celtics. They shoot so many three it’s ridiculous.  Yes Kelly system became average but imagine that system being run with let’s say Georgia players. U can have a system but fit and caliber of player matters. 

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Not sure about a more balanced approach in the NBA . Everything is still played on the perimeter. GSW took D’Antoni approach and upgraded it with even better snipers. The same this year with the Celtics. They shoot so many three it’s ridiculous.  Yes Kelly system became average but imagine that system being run with let’s say Georgia players. U can have a system but fit and caliber of player matters. 

Denver doesn't play that way. Neither did Milwaukee a couple of years ago. I think the 3 point craze is past its peak now. At the NCAA level, recent champions such as UConn, Baylor, Kansas played a more balanced approach. 

Edited by arktiger1975

15 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Denver doesn't play that way. Neither did Milwaukee a couple of years ago. I think the 3 point craze is past its peak now. At the NCAA level, recent champions such as UConn, Baylor, Kansas played a more balanced approach. 

Denver and Milwaukee absolutely play that way. Denver is one of the highest percentage teams in the league . Outside of second chance points it’s the reason they beat the Lakers yesterday. KCP got hot from three.

Let’s take a look at Milwaukee what’s the reason for them grabbing Dame . It sure isn’t for defense and driving. U also have Middleton and Portis shooting threes . He wasn’t doing that at Arkansas. Even Giannis has been trying to get better at threes. The league is all about points. Not sure how u can say the three point craze is over when some game are in the 120-140 area 

*why is Broome trying to extend his range🤔

Edited by e808

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Denver and Milwaukee absolutely play that way. Denver is one of the highest percentage teams in the league . Outside of second chance points it’s the reason they beat the Lakers yesterday. KCP got hot from three.

Let’s take a look at Milwaukee what’s the reason for them grabbing Dame . It sure isn’t for defense and driving. U also have Middleton and Portis shooting threes . He wasn’t doing that at Arkansas. Even Giannis has been trying to get better at threes. The league is all about points. Not sure how u can say the three point craze is over when some game are in the 120-140 area 

What about UConn? They have kicked everyone"s a-- the past couple of years with a more balanced approach. Almost a European style. 

45 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

What about UConn? They have kicked everyone"s a-- the past couple of years with a more balanced approach. Almost a European style. 

I haven’t watched much of UConn. I would say they are the exception and not the norm. In the NBA everyone pretty much needs to be able to shot the three. Why do u think people are saying that Eden and UConn’s big man game probably won’t translate well into the NBA

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I haven’t watched much of UConn. I would say they are the exception and not the norm. In the NBA everyone pretty much needs to be able to shot the three. Why do u think people are saying that Eden and UConn’s big man game probably won’t translate well into the NBA

College basketball is different from the NBA. In a one and done tournament scenario, if you live and die by the three, one bad shooting game and you're done. Not to mention defensive rules being different in the NBA. Other recent champions such as Baylor and Kansas were not overly reliant on the 3 either.  By the way, Denver ranks 29th in the NBA in 3 point attempts.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, e808 said:

UConn is still a great offensive team in today’s modern game without relying on the 3. Difference is bama was 111 on Ken Pom on defense so they def are completely reliant on getting hot from 3. 

IMG_7788.png

Edited by GwillMac6

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

UConn is still a great offensive team in today’s modern game without relying on the 3. Difference is bama was 111 on Ken Pom on defense so they def see completely reliant ln getting hit from 3. 

IMG_7788.png

I think the way UConn plays lends itself to more consistent, sustainable success than living and dying by the 3.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Both Denver and Milwaukee have their best players as big men that can create their own shot inside. The reason they surround them with so many shooters is to remove defenders from the paint and to make them pay for doubling inside. 

39 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I think the way UConn plays lends itself to more consistent, sustainable success than living and dying by the 3.

Absolutely brother!!! I completely and unequivocally agree!!! Give me a pen I’m co signing this!!! 🖊️ 😂😂

10 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Both Denver and Milwaukee have their best players as big men that can create their own shot inside. The reason they surround them with so many shooters is to remove defenders from the paint and to make them pay for doubling inside. 

Yes big man who can also shoot outside and inside. Jokic is very hard to check because he can shoot from anywhere on the floor . Giannis wasn’t the greatest from the outside but have been improved over the years

On 4/20/2024 at 2:36 PM, e808 said:

Cmon man. I know rivalry emotions run high but Alabama and ISIS are not even remotely the same.

May as well be. I’m sorry you totally disregard what they’ve done to Auburn over the years.