Who is our acting “president” right now?

I would like to know who our acting “president” is right now.  I need to know who I would be voting for if for some reason I decided to vote for someone other than the Republican nominee. 

Biden is clearly not calling the shots even though he holds the presidency.  

is it his Chief of Staff? Who is it? 

• Facepalm 1

On 4/28/2024 at 3:05 PM, JMWATS said:

I would like to know who our acting “president” is right now.  I need to know who I would be voting for if for some reason I decided to vote for someone other than the Republican nominee. 

Clearly?  People often see what they want to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Clearly?  People often see what they want to see.

Denialism is a person's choice to deny reality as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth.

3 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Denialism is a person's choice to deny reality as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth.

I too like to make stuff up and assert it’s what’s really happening. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Acting as though the man is a vegetable and incapable of making decisions is just a bridge too far.  That isn't reality.  Argue that he is too old to be running again.  That is a valid argument, but going completely off the deep end just makes the discussion useless.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Argue that he is too old to be running again. 

So, do you believe he is too old to run again?  If not, why not.

Victor Hansen Davis wrote that the President of the U.S. is the only job Biden could get because his is not qualified for anything else.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Victor Hansen Davis wrote that the President of the U.S. is the only job Biden could get because his is not qualified for anything else.

Davis performing the only job he’s qualified for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Davis performing the only job he’s qualified for.

Deflection, your go to.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Deflection, your go to.

Not really. You’re making an issue out of …what Victor Hansen thinks. Which makes him an issue.

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not really. You’re making an issue out of …what Victor Hansen thinks. Which makes him an issue.

Do you think Biden is too old to run for president?  If not, why not?

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What makes Victor Hansen Davis qualified to determine this? 

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

What makes Victor Hansen Davis qualified to determine this? 

He is a political observer, just like the rest of us, except he does it for a living.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He is a political observer, just like the rest of us, except he does it for a living.

A lot of people give opinions as their job or for a living.

Ironically, Most of Davis's working career was spent as a Liberal Arts University professor. A job that many Conservatives look down on and consider to be for people who can't 'make it' in the real world. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

55 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

A lot of people give opinions as their job or for a living.

Ironically, Most of Davis's working career was spent as a Liberal Arts University professor. A job that many Conservatives look down on and consider to be for people who can't 'make it' in the real world. 

He must have seen the light.

On 4/28/2024 at 3:05 PM, JMWATS said:

It’s a fair question. That and will he survive his next term are uncomfortable issues people will have to wrestle with. 

To a lesser degree the same could be said of trump. These are some really old guys. The VPs are in play.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I believe that he should have rode off into the sunset and enjoyed retirement.  He would have written the final chapter in one of the most storied political careers in U.S. history.  As it is, that is not the path he chose.  Instead of taking advantage of that, Republicans have insisted on forcing Americans to choose between Biden and a man that is close to the same age, with a history of self serving decision making and a track record of behaving like a child while occupying the office.

Davis can write whatever he wants, it doesn't make it any more than his opinion.

There is a void of leadership present in both parties.  Unless a galvanizing candidate like Obama in 2008 or Clinton in 1992 rises to the occasion, the Democrats could be in the same type of disarray in 2028 as the Republicans were in this year.  Someone has to be strong enough to push back on the fringe of the party without allowing the fringe to assume control.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Republicans have insisted on forcing Americans to choose between Biden and a man that is close to the same age, with a history of self serving decision making and a track record of behaving like a child while occupying the office.

What is funny about this line of thinking is Biden is so self serving that he believes he is the one that can right the ship and only he can accomplish such a task.  His ego is as big as his opponent.

58 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What is funny about this line of thinking is Biden is so self serving that he believes he is the one that can right the ship and only he can accomplish such a task.  His ego is as big as his opponent.

This is pretty much true about every major player in US politics right now. (Biden, Trump, Pelosi, McConnell) You would have to be that delusional to keep doing what they’re doing into their 80s. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

This is pretty much true about every major player in US politics right now. (Biden, Trump, Pelosi, McConnell) You would have to be that delusional to keep doing what they’re doing into their 80s. 

We have not developed leaders in politics.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

We have not developed leaders in politics.

We don’t seem to want leaders in politics any more. Hell we picked them. Trump is a reality star train wreck, and mauled Desantis and Haley. Biden was consistently rejected in presidential runs over the decades. And that was during his “prime”.

No other era would have even considered these 2 disasters, where the only response to any criticism is “well, the other guys worse”.  2028 will decide if this is an aberration - or this is the best we can now do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would expect a candidate to believe that they can get the job done.  Their character differences aren't hard to see.  Trump didn't even attend Biden's inauguration due to his inability to acknowledge defeat.  He sounds like a screaming 9 year old when he whines about everyone.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I would expect a candidate to believe that they can get the job done.  Their character differences aren't hard to see.  Trump didn't even attend Biden's inauguration due to his inability to acknowledge defeat.  He sounds like a screaming 9 year old when he whines about everyone.

people can trash biden all they want he remains one of the most caring presidents we have ever had. people have said he is evil but no one can tell the evil he has done. evil is going ahead and voting for a rapist,cheat, and con man that drags judges and other peoples famliies into the public so they can be threatened and receive death threats. and some of you call yourself christians will vote for him anyway after all the harm he has done. this in my opinion makes the guilty folks as slimy as he is. no honor. none. there is no excuse anymore. the man has gotten people hurt and killed with his mouth. that pretty little girl shot dead climbing though the window? that is on trump and no one else. save the hate folks because i do not care............and god help any of you that have daughters and enable a rapist.........

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I look at President as a title held by Joe Biden. Execution of the presidency is by committee. Probably common across any party. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, creed said:

I look at President as a title held by Joe Biden. Execution of the presidency is by committee. Probably common across any party. 

That's why they have staffs.  The job outgrew one person long, long ago. 

The most important thing any modern president does is choose his staff.