Carnell's success @ TB

War Eagle 96

for our offensive line & our receivers' ability to block down field? Not to mention our fullback?

What I mean is, I always here (heard last year too) how great our line was, and such. And I know people stacked the box last year, but I remember how Carnell used to get stopped cold alot. I'm sure teams have been coming up to the line more against him in his last few games, but he is able to totally get lose. He's running like he never was able to last year.

Anyway, congrats to Carnell I just wanted to get some thoughts from folks on this board.

i disagree. i think he is running just like he did last year. folks complained last year that he might have lost the ability to break the "big one," but this year in the nfl he has just one run over 30 yards. i don't hear folks complaining down in tampa. the difference is the number of carries. if we had spooned caddy the ball 30 times a week, he probably would have won the heisman and we probably would have lost at least one. that's the only difference i see.

Because Ronnie nor Carnell never broke that really long run last year, 70 yards plus, I felt something was lacking with our blocking. With other teams loading up the front, as we always claim, I think those 2 guys should have broke quite a few long runs, there should have been a few instances when they got through those first 8 guys and gone the distance. Maybe with our real threat of a downfield passing game last year, the other teams where keeping safeties back, and it was that reason they never went too far once they got into the defensive backfield. I am sure StatTiger will come along with some statistics to prove us right or wrong...

Yeah...just think what would have happened if we would have had good blocking...we might have gone 11-0, or we might have won the sec champ game, or we might have even won the sugar bowl. Who knows...we might have gone 13-0...

Oh what could have been if we would have had good blocking!!!

Don't know if this link has been posted or not, but Caddy has already made a spot in the Hall of Fame!!!!

Cadillac's shoes and gloves in Hall of Fame

Way to go Cadillac.

I thought Caddy had a couple of 60+ carries last year?? Stat?? where are you when we need you?? I know the blocking was there....Caddy had over 1,000 himself and Ronnie had what 800?? I think the logic of the deep pass being such a viable threat for defenses kept them at more than an arm's length.

i disagree. i think he is running just like he did last year. folks complained last year that he might have lost the ability to break the "big one," but this year in the nfl he has just one run over 30 yards. i don't hear folks complaining down in tampa. the difference is the number of carries. if we had spooned caddy the ball 30 times a week, he probably would have won the heisman and we probably would have lost at least one. that's the only difference i see.

185156[/snapback]

Actually, he has more than 1. He had a 70 yard (approx) touchdown..and I know that he has had another one over 30 yards.. He might have 3.

Archived