I'll say it...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

After much thought last night over a big plate of spaghetti and a Miller Lite, I have come up with an acceptable alternative to the corndogs. Granted, it was stolen from LSU fans themselves, which make it even more humorous in my eyes.

When they changed thier logo a few years back, there was an uproar amongst the LSU faithful, saying the new leaping tiger looked like a housecat. Someone with a good sense of humor when even further and said that it looked like a reasonable facsimile of a beloved SNL character, who is also feline and has a knack for driving motor vehicles, albeit often off a cliff.

So, I present to you my new name for LSU's mascot:

The Fightin' Toonces of LSU

The only problem is that I cannot figure out how to pluralize it. Oh, well, details are for the minions to figure out.

Feel free to keep using corndogs if you wish. I'll be over here in the corner if you need me.

So, I present to you my new name for LSU's mascot:

The Fightin' Toonces of LSU

190401[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

But again it doesn't bother me or any other LSU fan that I know.

190219[/snapback]

I think it does really bother some LSU fans which makes it funny. I was lurking on an LSU sight the other day and the moderator had a post that said if somebody called an LSU fan a corndog or had a signature of a corndog, than they would be banned. I think it is funny just like I think Napoleon Dynamite is funny. :au:

But again it doesn't bother me or any other LSU fan that I know.

190219[/snapback]

I think it does really bother some LSU fans which makes it funny. I was lurking on an LSU sight the other day and the moderator had a post that said if somebody called an LSU fan a corndog or had a signature of a corndog, than they would be banned. I think it is funny just like I think Napoleon Dynamite is funny. :au:

190411[/snapback]

Well the LSU site you were visiting apparently suks and does not have a sense of humor!!!

Somethings bother thinskinned people. I wouldn't get too worked up about it, it's all in fun. Now when someone sets the back of a van on fire, that is serious business and should not be tolerated. Corndogs is just a word, like AuBarner. Who really cares?

see you highplainsdrifters on Saturday :big:

:lsu::corndog::lsu:

Toonces makes me laugh.  :lol:

190431[/snapback]

I agree...don't quote me on this, but I think I heard that the logo is changing yet again after either this season or next because everyone hates it. I'm not 100% sure about this but I have heard a rumor about it.

Any ther LSU fans heard this or was it a dream? :D

I would prefer, after Saturday night's game, to simply call them defeated. :au::cheer:

"A Corndog by any other name, SMELLS the same." <_<

William S. would have been proud. B)

Toonces makes me laugh.  :lol:

190431[/snapback]

we were pushing Toonces the Driving cat on our own and it didn't catch on. However when the Athletic dept first unveiled the logo, they also put it on the PMAC basketball court and it was TERRIBLE. That logo didn't seem to last long.

lsu.jpg

there is some weird hurricane thing behind it, that was replaced with this

logo.jpg

I don't own a single item with Toonces the Driving Cat on it.

"Fighting Nutria"

Hummmm I can imagine a picture of Aubie with a skewered Nutria with his beady little eyes wide and his mouth frozen in a final scream before being grilled.

"Fighting Nutria"

Hummmm I can imagine a picture of Aubie with a skewered Nutria with his beady little eyes wide and his mouth frozen in a final scream before being grilled.

190460[/snapback]

And here is their new mascot, who by the way already has 50,000 votes

on the Capital One Mascot Challenge.

alf10.jpg

:comfort:

Archived