Will AU / UK be on PPV?

GoAU

Just curious about whether the game will be on PPV or CSS???

Has anyone found an audio feed on a non pay site? If so a PM may be in order ;)

speaking of AU/UK, found a neat article on SI.com....http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...ex.html?cnn=yes

"I'm not including the Auburn-Kentucky game in this week's "Pickoff" in hopes that Tigers coach Tommy Tuberville will implicate me in a conspiracy to prevent Virginia Tech from appearing in the Rose Bowl. I am including the Hokies, however, because they are playing a top-10 opponent. I'll include the Tigers each of the next two weeks because they'll be taking on No. 11 Georgia and No. 4 Alabama.

ESPN's job is to televise compelling games, Tommy. People would rather watch Texas-Ohio State than Ball State-Auburn. Your job is to win ball games. So you'd rather schedule Ball State than Texas. Next conspiracy, please."

speaking of AU/UK, found a neat article on SI.com....http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...ex.html?cnn=yes

"I'm not including the Auburn-Kentucky game in this week's "Pickoff" in hopes that Tigers coach Tommy Tuberville will implicate me in a conspiracy to prevent Virginia Tech from appearing in the Rose Bowl. I am including the Hokies, however, because they are playing a top-10 opponent. I'll include the Tigers each of the next two weeks because they'll be taking on No. 11 Georgia and No. 4 Alabama.

ESPN's job is to televise compelling games, Tommy. People would rather watch Texas-Ohio State than Ball State-Auburn. Your job is to win ball games. So you'd rather schedule Ball State than Texas. Next conspiracy, please."

195055[/snapback]

Arkansas, South Carolina, Miss St., Ole Miss, LSU.....etc..... We play the same teams Bama plays....people can talk all they want about out of conference schedules...as far as I am concerned it only matters about the conference. Teams rotate from the east into our schedule...Just so happens, we get Kentucky and South Carolina, we always play Georgia.

About 3/4ths of the bama nation agreed with Tuberville's comments. I guess you were "one of the few" who probably didnt. Says alot I'd say.

As far as I have read and been told, free streaming of Div-1 football games are a thing of the past. We gave the university a hard time about charging, but it was not actually a university decision. It was more of the NCAA and networks joing forces like the NBA, MLB, and NFL do for their radio broadcasts. I have gotten on several different radio stations that carry several different major college games and they all have a message that those games will not be streamed online. UAT fans are in the same boat as we are, so it is not really the university's fault like we were all assuming when this first started. All hail the mighty NCAA. :hail::moon:

I wonder why he would take shots at people that state the media wants certain games and has them predetermined. October of last year:

. The BCS standings come out later today, but honestly, don't we all want to see Oklahoma play Southern Cal? Miami and Auburn may be the best teams in their respective conferences (ACC and SEC), but the Sooners and Trojans are a cut above. And, somewhat similar: they have two of the top five quarterbacks in the country (OU's Jason White and USC's Matt Leinart), the two most exciting backs in the nation (Adrian Peterson and Bush) and their defenses are led by a senior end named Cody (Dan and Shaun).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writ...litz/index.html

Or his official you lost the popularity vote cause Alabama doesn't have a Chicago, New York or LA.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writ...litz/index.html

Oh, cause he pulls the same crap that these coach's are now talking about.

195055[/snapback]

Arkansas, South Carolina, Miss St., Ole Miss, LSU.....etc..... We play the same teams Bama plays....people can talk all they want about out of conference schedules...as far as I am concerned it only matters about the conference. Teams rotate from the east into our schedule...Just so happens, we get Kentucky and South Carolina, we always play Georgia.

About 3/4ths of the bama nation agreed with Tuberville's comments. I guess you were "one of the few" who probably didnt. Says alot I'd say.

195060[/snapback]

well, as far as TV goes, they want to televise things that "sell". for that matter, alabama's games against pansy opponents haven't been televised either. i can agree halfway with what was said. like i said, the TV wants what sells. i highly doubt AU vs UK will bring in the ratings (other than AU fans), as everyone knows the outcome of that one. is the media discriminating against AU, who knows. i would imagine that after AU making its BCS case in 04 so loud (which after seeing the USC slaughter of OU, rightfully they should have), then dropping the home opener of 05 to GAT, maybe the media does want to sort of gloat. who knows.

:soapbox: CTT's comments had nothing to do with TV coverage of the games themselves, but the analyses by the talking heads (Game Day crew, the guys back in the studio, etc.). That writer replied out of context. I'm not surprised that we are not on ESPN Sat. I've noticed that the early afternoon ESPN games has a lot of Big 10 coverage. A lot. All season. Did they make a deal with them? Maybe they kept their mouths shut, and can now get fed by ESPN. Who knows. I doubt any of that, as the AU/UGA game is on ESPN.

And yes, I wish all the games on TV were the close games, and not the blow outs. Like this weekend... the 2:30 CBS game should be a blowout (maybe Miss. St. shows up? I dobut it). That game has no business being national. Oh, right, Bama's back, at least according to SI. The night ESPN2 game: UF/Vandy... paleeeeease. At least the regular ESPN game is Miami/Va. Tech. That should be fun to watch.

Just curious about whether the game will be on PPV or CSS???

Has anyone found an audio feed on a non pay site?  If so a PM may be in order ;)

195028[/snapback]

To get back to the topic of the thread......Go if you know of anyone or anyplace (i.e. sports grille) with an older satellite, big ones, that can pick up the KU band, you can watch the game live. The Arkansas game we watched the first half, until some technical difficulties by CSS, on KU band, satellite G3, chan. 13 I believe. They should broadcast on same Saturday as they don't change in mid season, according to satellite guys in the know that I know :blink: . That is an option for you to try. I plan on watching, if we can get done roofing a friends house soon enough in the morning.

Thanks for the info, but I can't think of anyone who has an older sat antenna, and I guess I need to be getting things in the house ready for the movers anyway.

Thanks!

Archived